Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 10:35 AM

32 posts, read 23,471 times

Advertisements

The irony is in his picks for WH staff. Establishment as can be.

Again, another phrase Trump used to fire up his base during the election yet had no actual intention of implementing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 10:37 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,634 times
I'm hoping that it mean the elimination of corporate interests that are driven solely by profits. If we wish to survive as a society, future businesses must dedicate their resources towards obtaining a triple bottom line. A goal oriented, intelligently designed federal program could provide the incentive to push businesses towards creating a more environmentally and socially sustainable society.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:43 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I'm hoping that it mean the elimination of corporate interests that are driven solely by profits. If we wish to survive as a society, future businesses must dedicate their resources towards obtaining a triple bottom line. A goal oriented, intelligently designed federal program could provide the incentive to push businesses towards creating a more environmentally and socially sustainable society.
You're absolutely correct in wanting this approach, there has to be a balance between between profits and sustainability. Corporations are taking it upon themselves to strike this balance these days, our government is too gridlocked (thanks Republicans) for your approach to even begin.

With Trump, your common sense approach will likely be thrown in the dumpster in favor of unchecked profits, Federal lands opened up for oil and gas, official denial of climate change, etc., etc..

Old 11-14-2016, 10:44 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It was supposed to mean taking down the establishment and lobbyists in Washington. But much like most of Trump's promises, it's already a lie that he pushed to get votes. His entire team is full of establishment and lobbyists.
Yeah... pretty much the opposite of what he's doing.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:50 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You're absolutely correct in wanting this approach, there has to be a balance between between profits and sustainability. Corporations are taking it upon themselves to strike this balance these days, our government is too gridlocked (thanks Republicans) for your approach to even begin.

With Trump, your common sense approach will likely be thrown in the dumpster in favor of unchecked profits, Federal lands opened up for oil and gas, official denial of climate change, etc., etc..
I certainly hope this is not the case. Trump said that he will not sell off public land, so hopefully he keeps to his word.

I think people may have the opportunity to express their concerns to Trump via social media. Apparently, he's responsive, so if he's sincere in how he wants to be the President for all Americans, then he has the obligation to listen to everyone's concerns. I hope that he understands how important it is to preserve our natural resources.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:41 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
I keep hearing that conservatives want to "drain the swamp", it's a catchy slogan but what does it mean? The "swamp" is now flooded with a Republican majority that have always served special interests first. Do the people who voted for them know this? I'm guessing not. All many of them know are the platitudes they are served up during election season.

All the Republicans that make up this majority in both houses were put there by Republicans. The swamp is there by your own making. So what exactly do you want Trump to do now that he wields so much power?
I thought someone like yourself who proclaims to know EVERYTHING, WOULD know what MOST people already know.

I guess you are NOT as SMART AS YOU THINK YOU ARE.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Trump voters hate Obama and Bush I & II and view Reagan as bad on trade. They view the establishment segment of both parties as pro globalization, open borders, unnecessary military engagements, unconcerned about the debt. They want change they can believe in.
"Trump voters hate..."

I wish you people who think they know everything would QUIT ASSUMING that they know what we think.

I find a WHOLE LOT MORE dems on here showing "hate".

"Those who cast the insult are usually the guilty ones of the insult".

Old 11-14-2016, 12:46 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I thought someone like yourself who proclaims to know EVERYTHING, WOULD know what MOST people already know.

I guess you are NOT as SMART AS YOU THINK YOU ARE.
Lol...

Old 11-14-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Term limits,less federal government no more lobbyists special interests its time for the American people to spear that boil and let the puss drain out....
" no more lobbyists special interests'

That would be against the 1st Amendment.

Old 11-14-2016, 01:01 PM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
I keep hearing that conservatives want to "drain the swamp", it's a catchy slogan but what does it mean? The "swamp" is now flooded with a Republican majority that have always served special interests first. Do the people who voted for them know this? I'm guessing not. All many of them know are the platitudes they are served up during election season.

All the Republicans that make up this majority in both houses were put there by Republicans. The swamp is there by your own making. So what exactly do you want Trump to do now that he wields so much power?
Older reference to DC and legislative offices being in Foggy Bottom another word for swamp.

You really think democrats don't serve special interests??????????????
Please, say you do, else, be discounted.

Ever hear of Hillary Clinton???

Okay, how about Obama, hear of him and his love affair with GE, GM, goldman sachs, big pharma, insurance companies, Solyndra and other green energy lobbyists.

Obama circumvented the people's representatives by issuing thousands of economy killing regulations.

The swamp has existed forever. Obama expanded the swamp with obsfucation, lies and a labrynth of intertwining vines and branchs with pockets of poison oak and summac. The DOJ has mud all over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies