Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 09:04 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Why Trump won: Religious right anger.
Wrong, as usual. You're just proving why liberals lost, how they refuse to learn and why your party will continue to lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Trump and "the religious right" isn't what's causing Dems to be relegated to a few blue spots in a red ocean. Even the blue states aren't very blue, they're tiny, dense, blue zones surrounded by red.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 09:52 PM

12,381 posts, read 8,134,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I didn't see anything indicating that the original post was limited to Trump vs. Clinton. I get that the Christian right (and specifically right) was not going to vote for a Democrat. The question was why Trump.

BTW, not all Christians are right wing. I'm not.
What it came down to was today Donald Trump was the only thing standing in the way of a Supreme Court forcing the government to force us to pay for and support abortion just as they are trying to force the Catholic Church to pay for and support artificial birth control. The death of Justice Scalia made it harder for the Evangelicals to sit this one out in good conscious. If they were going to fight then this was the final line for the last stand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post

There is a big difference between Sharia and Christianity. there is the point called Free will. In Islam there is only death.

Trump is not necessary a Godly man, however God uses different people to shape us and his will. But I believe he does have Christian roots, butt does not put in our faces since he is a President for all.

The Choices that Trump will make would be Judges who are constitutionalist. No Judges who reinterpret this document.
As to President Elect Trump's "ungodly" background. This is why the books of the Prophet Samuel and the story of King David and his son are canon. The Donald hasn't been accused of half of what is attributed to David.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:24 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Talking Look at all that red...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Wrong, as usual. You're just proving why liberals lost, how they refuse to learn and why your party will continue to lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Trump and "the religious right" isn't what's causing Dems to be relegated to a few blue spots in a red ocean. Even the blue states aren't very blue, they're tiny, dense, blue zones surrounded by red.
And yet the right whimpers endlessly about how the "liberal agenda" is destroying America.

Very amusing.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:33 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
What it came down to was today Donald Trump was the only thing standing in the way of a Supreme Court forcing the government to force us to pay for and support abortion just as they are trying to force the Catholic Church to pay for and support artificial birth control. The death of Justice Scalia made it harder for the Evangelicals to sit this one out in good conscious. If they were going to fight then this was the final line for the last stand.
If Scalia didn't change it, then who would? It sounds like Trump is searchlight for a true political activist to fill Scalias seat, and that is not a good thing.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:43 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
He Also Promised a lot of Free Stuff. That always works
Specifically promised is the ability for churches to lobby and donate government/ candidates without losing their tax exempt status.

Like most campaign intentions/ promises it will require an Act of Congress.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:47 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Do you have statistics on how Christians voted? According to what I saw, it was the same as it has been the past several decades. Nine million registered Christians chose to not vote, which is also not unusual.
I have no recollection of having to disclose religious affiliation when registering or voting.

I cannot imagine disclosing anything to a stranger posing as a pollster on the phone or after exiting a polling place.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:49 AM

12,381 posts, read 8,134,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If Scalia didn't change it, then who would? It sounds like Trump is searchlight for a true political activist to fill Scalias seat, and that is not a good thing.
Scalia's death meant the last blocking force died assuming President Obama or a President Clinton got another Justice Ginsburg through

Old 11-15-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Scalia's death meant the last blocking force died assuming President Obama or a President Clinton got another Justice Ginsburg through
Blocking force of what? They voted in favor of ACA when Scalia was still serving.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:51 AM

6,416 posts, read 1,426,740 times
I know 81% of evangelicals voted for Trump. So I agree with the OP (thread starter). Most all Christians voted for Trump. Have seen gay marriage pass, gay rights always complaining about their rights, transgender nonsense, the fight against abortion becoming tougher, and bias against the police, less law and order in the U.S. over the past few years. It's no wonder Trump won.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I have no recollection of having to disclose religious affiliation when registering or voting. I cannot imagine disclosing anything to a stranger posing as a pollster on the phone or after exiting a polling place.
So, you are saying the whole "religious anger" thing is pure speculation?

They do know how different groups of people vote, and typically Republicans get 55-60% of protestant vote, while little less of Catholic vote. Same was true this time, so I am not sure where the "religious anger" argument came from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies