Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 08:45 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Wasn't Rahm Emanuel a star in the Obama Administration? I thought he left to manage Chicago properly and these years later crime is spiralling out of control and the quality of live is going into the gutter.

What the heck happened with him?
African American and are pissed at him with the recent police treatment of the community . He needs to pander votes from other people to win re-election
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 08:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Wasn't Rahm Emanuel a star in the Obama Administration? I thought he left to manage Chicago properly and these years later crime is spiralling out of control and the quality of live is going into the gutter.

What the heck happened with him?
He's a cocky self-serving egotistical dictator who is part of the machine here. He hasn't changed, this is who he is. It runs in the family. His brother is the Hollywood agent Jeremy Piven's character in Entourage is patterned after.

There's a reason people are moving out of the city and state. It's a mess.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:51 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
He's a cocky self-serving egotistical dictator who is part of the machine here. He hasn't changed, this is who he is. It runs in the family. His brother is the Hollywood agent Jeremy Piven's character in Entourage is patterned after.

There's a reason people are moving out of the city and state. It's a mess.
I bailed out two years ago. I do miss the food there . But that entire city was tanking fast when I left ..... I dread having to go back to visit family ... I miss my family but heck I hate going to Chicago lol

Old 11-14-2016, 08:56 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Little black children in Chicago are getting shot in the head in alleys, at lemonade stands, doing their homework in their own bedroom...but Rahm is out here stumping for foreigners breaking the law.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I bailed out two years ago. I do miss the food there . But that entire city was tanking fast when I left ..... I dread having to go back to visit family ... I miss my family but heck I hate going to Chicago lol
One of my kids is leaving, too. I can't say I blame anyone for leaving, between the killer property taxes, the high gas prices, the never ending traffic, the god awful public schools, and the b.s. tickets you get in Chicago. People are getting nothing for their tax dollars.

This machine has been in place for decades and it's not likely to go away. We'll just go from one Madigan to the next.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:00 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
One of my kids is leaving, too. I can't say I blame anyone for leaving, between the killer property taxes, the high gas prices, the never ending traffic, the god awful public schools, and the b.s. tickets you get in Chicago. People are getting nothing for their tax dollars.

This machine has been in place for decades and it's not likely to go away. We'll just go from one Madigan to the next.
really hope Chicago never turns into another Detroit, it's a great city

Old 11-14-2016, 09:03 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,197,347 times
Lightbulb Thanks for the link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Goodbye Federal Funding! I laugh at this idiot. He is a complete moron. Chicago and Illinois are BILLIONS in debt and flooded with Mexican Illegals (I lived there for 25 years).

His example of lawlessness is what is wrong with this country. Time To Drain the Swamp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igSnkX5eMY0

Well, it does not surprise me!! Another Obama connection!

He as well as other Obama people will do everything they can to undermine

Mr. Trump!

On November 6, 2008,

Emanuel accepted the position of White House Chief of Staff for US President Barack Obama.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:28 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
There is something seriously wrong with these people. There's nothing wrong with a healthy amount of legal immigration, but when they don't follow the rules and the grownups ignore the law it makes a mockery of our system and encourages all sorts of other criminal behavior
Time and place. you know.. Federal law still states that marijuana is illegal.. I actually agree with the non-enforcement of that law in the states that have voted to legalize it. Frankly, I think the federal marijuana laws should be amended to serve as 'backups' to the state laws. After all, we repeal the federal laws, and what does the mule bringing it in to the country face? Federal law shouldn't impede the will of the people, it should SUPPORT the will of the people over all else.

But, it demonstrates the fabled slippery slope. Which laws can be broken/ignored? This is different, because it's not Federal law superseding a state law that was passed by voters.. It's just one whackadoo making up his own rules.

I don't like the idea of the feds withholding funds to get their way.. It happens all the time. Why do we have a nationwide drinking age of 21? because if states didn't raise it, the feds would withhold highway funds. I just.. Don't care for that. Drinking age of 21 has its advantages, but I also don't care for the thought that someone can get shot in defense of this country, but can't have a beer. Why can't felons ever own a gun? the 1968 firearms act actually provides a method for a felon to have his gun rights restored.. But, by withholding funds from the ATF for investigation into whether someone should, it's been made that anyone ever convicted of a felony can never own a gun again short of a presidential pardon, which is only available for those convicted of a federal crime. Which would seem to be a violation of the Equal Protection Clause, but.. I digress.

But, the game being what it is now.. Withhold federal monies from Chicago. That'll shut 'em up.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:
really hope Chicago never turns into another Detroit, it's a great city
I agree, it's a beautiful city with a lot to offer - but I wouldn't live there again.

If they don't straighten out their financial mess, who knows what will happen? For a while they weren't even paying out on large lottery wins, until a couple people took them to court.

The higher crime areas are saying they want more of a police presence, the cops don't want to go because the superintendent has made it even more difficult for them to do their jobs, the teachers are always striking. All of this needs to stop.

And the Superintendent of the CPD just met with Black Lives Matter members whose takeaway to the press was, 'our demands were met'. What kind of message does that idiot in charge think that's sending??

Old 11-14-2016, 09:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Looks like Chicago has joined Seattle, LA and NY.

Such silliness.

There are hundreds of sanctuary cities/ counties throughout in the US in both red and blue states. This crap has been going on for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies