Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 11:00 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingObeat View Post
I guess he has to do something to get people to move to that hellhole.
Obviously you have never been to Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 11:02 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Chicago, protecting public unions because they pay them money and vote for them....but public unions and blue collar laborer wages are in the dumps.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:05 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Gun crime hasn't come back at all in any meaningful way in NYC, or in LA. Chicago is a massive outlier far worse than even Baltimore and not even in the same discussion as LA/NYC/Philadelphia/DC/etc...
Raw numbers, for sure.

Homicide rate. I don't think so.

It's substantially concentrated.

There are rarely witnesses. People protect killers or don't want to put their lives at greater risk by snitching.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:14 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I bailed out two years ago. I do miss the food there . But that entire city was tanking fast when I left ..... I dread having to go back to visit family ... I miss my family but heck I hate going to Chicago lol
I bailed out three years ago. You could just see it all going to ****, so I'm gone.

Old 11-15-2016, 12:13 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Little black children in Chicago are getting shot in the head in alleys, at lemonade stands, doing their homework in their own bedroom...but Rahm is out here stumping for foreigners breaking the law.

I have friends who live there, well some already moved out of the damn place. But the ones still there, blame him for the problems in the city.

They hate his guts, but they are smart non drinking Kool-Aid people. sorry but true.

They do not think he cares one iota about the shootings and blame him to a great extent. I do not live there, so i cannot say.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:57 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I bailed out three years ago. You could just see it all going to ****, so I'm gone.
Within 1 year of leaving that black hole I purchased my first house, and my business grew significantly. My financial situation turned around significantly .

My brother still lives there. He said they are taking state income tax, gas is more, food is more, cigarettes are more... They bleed you dry

Old 11-15-2016, 08:06 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I have friends who live there, well some already moved out of the damn place. But the ones still there, blame him for the problems in the city.

They hate his guts, but they are smart non drinking Kool-Aid people. sorry but true.

They do not think he cares one iota about the shootings and blame him to a great extent. I do not live there, so i cannot say.

Just to note............He was one of Obama's inner circle.........For those who keep defending Obama.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:13 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Solutions to what? We already have laws about illegal immigration and the penalties that apply to it. We already have ICE and detention centers. The federal government already has the right to deny funding to these cities. This sanctuary cities simply cannot function without federal dollars.
If they pulled federal funding tomorrow what would that solve. The illegal immigrants would remain in these areas and there would no longer be any cooperation with LE. Keep in mind that these cities wanted this status as a solution, Trump is beggining to see that these simple solutions to many of his proposals are anything but simple.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:13 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
When idiots like Emmanuel let Chicago go the way of Detroit we can all blame.... Trump.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:42 AM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most of the homicides occur in 5 out of 25 Police Districts within the city. I don't think you will find kids in these communities selling lemon aid off a street stand. More likely to run into children on bikes acting as lookouts for relatives running dope in the open air drug markets.

Most of these homicides involve at least one gang member. Used to be that Police were eventually able to broker peace between rival gangs. Now gangs have splintered into thousands of small factions without central leadership.

Social media makes it too easy to "disrespect" someone. It's a sign of weakness to back down. Some Gang initiations require recruits to shoot one or more random people and take credit for it.

The state, not the city is responsible for sentencing and parole standards. It's a revolving door. The state's position is that it's a city problem.

There's no fixing hood rat.
Unfortunately it did happen. Girl, 7, shot dead at lemonade stand in Chicago - World - CBC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies