Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 09:40 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,147,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLHRLGUY View Post
Protesting does not equal rioting. Oh the willful ignorance of some.
Al Sharpton instigated "protests" always turn to riots. Do you intentionally ignore reality, or are you just not paying attention?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 09:47 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,147,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
The article didn't say anything about protesting the results of the election, either. Once again, did you read it?
I never said anything about "protesting the results of the election", did I?

Old 11-15-2016, 09:51 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Al Sharpton plans to spend the next 8 weeks instigating riots in protest against Donald Trump. He also plans to put pressure on congress to maintain the un-affordable care act.

"I’m gonna fight to keep the right to vote. I had to fight to get a job. I’m gonna fight to keep a job" says millionaire race extortion con-artist Al Sharpton.

Al Sharpton Promises Donald Trump ‘a Fight for the Future of This Country’

Didn't this scum say he was moving to Canada? Someone please help him pack his bags and get him out of here.
Yes, he did specifically say he was leaving the U.S. if Trump was elected. I hold him to his word.....he would'nt tell a lie to advance his political and or racial adgenda would he???

I think a group of his friendly neighbors should show up at his home and move all his belongings into the street to make it easier for the movers to load them on the truck....for the destination of his choice, as long as he leaves the U.S. as he promised he would do,

Bye bye Mr Sharpton!

Old 11-15-2016, 10:26 AM

1,431 posts, read 913,100 times
Quote:
Did anyone actually read the article? It doesn't say anything about encouraging violent protest. I'm not a great fan of Sharpton, but nowhere in that link is there a word about rioting.
In all seriousness, does this sound "peaceful" to you?

Quote:
I want Trump to know that you can take Dr. King’s statue out the Oval Office, but the children of Dr. King just like we fought back and forth, we gon’ fight back now,” Sharpton said. “It’s gonna be a day of recommitment. We are not going to let you turn us around. We got eight weeks. We gonna criss-cross this country.”
When did Trump say he was gonna take MLK's bust outta the Oval Office? Wait wait, more "peaceful" rhetoric from Mr. Sharpton:

Quote:
“I had to fight for the right to vote,” Sharpton said during his weekly National Action Network Saturday Action Rally in Harlem, garnering raucous applause from the audience. “I’m gonna fight to keep the right to vote. I had to fight to get a job. I’m gonn fight to keep a job. I shifted my gear, I’m ready to fight. Saddle up your horse. This gonna be a fight for the future of this country.”
Saddle up your horse? He said "fight" six times in this quote. I bet money one of these protests will turn violent.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:34 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Stop crying. Your guy won. What do you care about what Sharpton says?

Sharpton is an American with the same rights that you have. If he wants to protest, then that's his right. He doesn't have any obligation to accept a Trump victory. Yeah, it's stupid, but being stupid is a right. If he plans to give Trump a hard time, then let Trump deal with it. He's a big boy, right?

And if you want him to go to Canada and you want someone to help him pack his bags, then why don't YOU do it! Put in your own work and stop asking others to do it for you. After all, you're the one with the axe to grind against him.
I agree with this.

Quote:
Did anyone actually read the article? It doesn't say anything about encouraging violent protest. I'm not a great fan of Sharpton, but nowhere in that link is there a word about rioting.
And noticed this as well in regards to the OP....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't care about the article. Sharpton encourages protesting though.
Is it your contention that people should be prevented from enjoying their rights as an American citizen, or are you only advocating that people who you don't like should not enjoy their rights as American citizens in regards to speaking their mind and protesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
In all seriousness, does this sound "peaceful" to you?

When did Trump say he was gonna take MLK's bust outta the Oval Office? Wait wait, more "peaceful" rhetoric from Mr. Sharpton:

Saddle up your horse? He said "fight" six times in this quote. I bet money one of these protests will turn violent.
When was the last time that Sharpton was involved in a violent riot?? I think it was the 1980s. Sharpton is not violent. I also don't like him but people know that "fight" has more than one meaning and doesn't always mean a physical altercation or violence. MLK "fought" for our rights as well and he was non-violent. Sharpton likens himself (in his bizarro mind) after MLK. He does not incite riots. He just talks a good talk.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:38 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
You have a right to assemble, in public places, to petition for redress of grievance. You have no right to incite violence, impede, trespass, riot, nor object to legal processes that have not trespassed your rights, liberties, inherent powers, etc.

In fact, that is terrorism.

TERRORISM - The use of violence or the threat of violence in the pursuit of political goals.
= = = = =
DOMESTIC TERRORISTS R US may find life tough when the government enforces existing laws impartially.
Charge him with terrorism then and stop whining.
Quote:
Did you get bored of the BrownPride forum? Why don't you tell these guys some of the stuff you post over there?
Why don't you?

BTW...stop crying.
Quote:
Of course he didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinkChink View Post
Canadians not fond of Shraptons kind!
Relevance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLHRLGUY View Post
Protesting does not equal rioting. Oh the willful ignorance of some.
In their minds, he's black so it's the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
Yes, he did specifically say he was leaving the U.S. if Trump was elected. I hold him to his word.....he would'nt tell a lie to advance his political and or racial adgenda would he???
Go make him move.
I think a group of his friendly neighbors should show up at his home and move all his belongings into the street to make it easier for the movers to load them on the truck....for the destination of his choice, as long as he leaves the U.S. as he promised he would do,

Bye bye Mr Sharpton!
Why don't you go move him? Why do you want others to out in your work?

Old 11-15-2016, 10:43 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Al Sharpton plans to spend the next 8 weeks instigating riots in protest against Donald Trump. He also plans to put pressure on congress to maintain the un-affordable care act.

"I’m gonna fight to keep the right to vote. I had to fight to get a job. I’m gonna fight to keep a job" says millionaire race extortion con-artist Al Sharpton.

Al Sharpton Promises Donald Trump ‘a Fight for the Future of This Country’

Didn't this scum say he was moving to Canada? Someone please help him pack his bags and get him out of here.
I see you took a reasoned article about honest, 1st amendment protest, poured a can of gasoline on it and turned it into a series of "burn the house down riots". Up to your usual tricks of dumping a load of horsebarn refuse all over the front lawn again I see.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:48 AM

626 posts, read 903,334 times
Stop starting ish where there's none. People are allowed to protest in this country as long as they are not rioting and destroying property. Did you have a problem with the Tea party movement? Did you have a problem with Occupy Wall Street (btw my quite a few of my co-workers were harassed, one got hit in the face)?

Old 11-15-2016, 10:52 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Default Left-wing race hustler Al Sharpton planning to stir up race riots again

Simple solution, call on him to pay his back taxes, he will shut up.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:57 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
I thought he was going to take his a$$ out of our country? I guess nobody else wanted him. He serves the same purpose as a fly. A total pest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies