Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 05:55 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,550 times

Advertisements

Mexico works on plan to deal with Trump's deportations - CNNPolitics.com

Quote:
In a news conference Monday, Eduardo Sanchez, spokesman for Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto, told reporters deportations would be part of any agenda discussed by Peña Nieto and Trump.
Trump on amnesty for some undocumented immigrants

Trump on amnesty for some undocumented immigrants 01:14
"We will have to see how many of those deportations, usually done by the United States government to the countries where the illegal immigrants are from, are for Mexico," he said.
Looks like they are ready to work with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 06:03 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,723,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post

I wonder if Mexico will be providing transportation across Mexico south to the country that many of these people originated.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:06 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I wonder if Mexico will be providing transportation across Mexico south to the country that many of these people originated.
Probably, yes.M exico treats its illegals (i.e. Central Americans) very harshly. They won't let them stay.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:54 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,208,776 times
Quote:
Trump on amnesty for some undocumented immigrants
you mean illegal immigrants ? lawbreakers ? people who are here illegally ?

Old 11-15-2016, 10:01 AM

575 posts, read 298,689 times
Quote:
you mean illegal immigrants ? lawbreakers ? people who are here illegally ?
Exactly. The guys who mow our lawns, make our pizza, build houses, process chicken, pick our fruit, etc.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:30 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,026,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
Exactly. The guys who mow our lawns, make our pizza, build houses, process chicken, pick our fruit, etc.

..who take all the construction/roofing jobs in my area, jobs all my blue collar relatives used to work. Blue Collar Long Island voted for Trump, he won Suffolk County.

The liberals use of the common meme of "jobs Americans don't want to do" needs to be retired. It's both inaccurate and shows an extreme level of elitism and arrogance.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:31 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,838,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisonMargelia View Post
While you guys are so worried about Mexico. Chinese immigrants are outpacing Mexicans as being undocumented. How many of them are we deporting.

Also Indians are staying in the US illegally at far higher rates than any other nationality. In 2014, there were nearly half a million unauthorized Indian immigrants living in the US. Can't build a wall around China and India
It is much easier to block illegal immigration from countries that have an ocean separating us. Infiltration through land is tough to control so thats why a physical wall helps. The illegal immigrants from Asia are the ones who overstayed after their visa expired. Once deported, they wont be able to re-enter because they would have to fly back & go through security, immigration. So if they get deported by flying them to their home country, they wont even pass through the security checks at their connecting flight country, like dubai, amsterdam, etc. But through land you can sneak in any number of times.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:35 AM

575 posts, read 298,689 times
Quote:
The liberals use of the common meme of "jobs Americans don't want to do" needs to be retired. It's both inaccurate and shows an extreme level of elitism and arrogance.
Fact remains, they're here, they work cheaply, and Republican small businessmen hire them. In droves. Go to any local Chamber of Commerce meeting and ask members how many illegals they pay off the books. I have. They hate to Admit it. And yes, most small businesses are owned and operated by people who self identify as Republicans.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:43 AM

1,302 posts, read 683,105 times
Mexicans who come back to Mexico will face the hardwork low wages that they have faced always. but I think they will also find releaf on not being persecuted since they are in their own land. on the other hand, Central-Americans are able to stay in Mexico and not be deported as far as they STAY AWAY FROM THE RAILWAYS because the Immigration agents in México use to work 90% of the time in the RAILWAYS where 90% of Central Americans use to travel for Free.

I have a friend who is a Honduran and he is working here in México with no papers, making his business and somehow progressing. Do I feel jealous? NO, Do I think he should be deported? NO. Is it a gain for Mexico to have More Poeple who work hard and make business? I think it is. and If In USA they don't want hardworking Mexicans, Please send them all back. Here they have a lot to do.

Last edited by Alonso_Castillo; 11-15-2016 at 12:00 PM..

Old 11-15-2016, 12:00 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,026,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
Fact remains, they're here, they work cheaply, and Republican small businessmen hire them. In droves. Go to any local Chamber of Commerce meeting and ask members how many illegals they pay off the books. I have. They hate to Admit it. And yes, most small businesses are owned and operated by people who self identify as Republicans.

...and the Democrats want Latino votes, and there is also a good chunk of liberal Democrats who think anything other than love for the illegal brown people and the effect they have on the country is rabid, vitriolic, vicious, xenophobic, racism.

I fear even having this discussion with some of my liberal friends because you can see their eyes start to widen like they are talking to f-ing David Duke or something. It's absurd.

Controlled, legal immigration from many nations and races IS good for the country.

Uncontrolled, illegal immigration is bad for the country economically, in addition to having negative cultural implications when the vast majority of the people come from one corner of the globe and are mostly poor and unskilled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies