Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2016, 02:32 PM

632 posts, read 747,917 times

Advertisements

Wobblywobbler
Open air flat cars will work ...(evil grin)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 02:33 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,444,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Not much for following the rule of federal law, are you?
I follow the law, and I try to change the laws that aren't working?

Were you a cheerleader for following the federal law known as Obamacare, or did you denounce it and work to repeal it?

That's a rhetorical question. I don't expect an honest answer.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombleywomberly View Post
Estimated by whom?
Everyone

Illegal Immigrants Cost U.S. $100 Billion per Year, Conservative Group Says About Illegal Immigration - ABC News
Quote:
Who said Californians should financially support all illegals?

I look forward to your reply.
Those people who are claiming Californians will stand up and object to their deportation..

Old 11-15-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Make California America Again!
It used to be Mexico, didn't it? If the Golden State (the 6th largest economy in the world) secedes from Trumpmerica, maybe they could ask Mexico to take them back.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:37 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,194,304 times
Quote:
Are you expecting US citizens to just leave with their non-citizen family members?

Perhaps you want to strip them of their citizenship and expel them for Trump-crimes?

Or maybe you have boxcars in mind for anyone who looks Hispanic.
Their non-citizen family members are illegally here - end of story.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:37 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
There's a new sheriff in town.
Yes, apparently, his name is Vladimir Putin.

Quote:
I think they will not only try but will surely succeed.
We'll see about that, won't we?

Quote:
And by your threatening words "go ahead an try", are you an anarchist 18montclair?
Even wealthy people that have no reason to disrupt the system that has blessed them beyond anything they ever imagine possible, even we have limits to how much we will toletate before enough is enough.

The thought of masses of crying children and mothers probably qualifies as my breaking point.

So call my defiant tone whatever you like.

Quote:
You seem to have trouble accepting the rule of law in this nation.
As a devout Christian, the law that I live by is the one that came directly from the Lord when he told us to Love our Neighbor.

Does that make me a religious extremist?

Old 11-15-2016, 02:41 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,005 times
Quote:
I follow the law, and I try to change the laws that aren't working?

Were you a cheerleader for following the federal law known as Obamacare, or did you denounce it and work to repeal it?

That's a rhetorical question. I don't expect an honest answer.
Until the laws are changed, they should be enforced as they are. And I find your statement hard to believe as your are justifying those who broke the law, snuck into our country illegally, should remain by giving sob stories of "they got families!". Lots of people who break the laws have families....doesn't give them a free pass to not pay the consequences. See how that works?

As for obamacare, regardless if I agree/disagree with it, I follow that rule of law, yes. If I don't have health insurance and I'm required to get it and I don't, I pay the fine or buy insurance. Follow the rules of law, regardless of I agree/disagree. And if I don't follow the rules, I face the consequences. Period. That's what a civil society does. And that's the clear message I think you might finally be getting.....just because one doesn't agree with a law doesn't mean the law should be ignored and those who broke it should face the consequences/penalties, not simply allowed to continuously break the law. That kind of thinking is an ugly slippery slope to the world of anarchy.

But sure, people are free to break the law. People do all the time. Just be ready to face the consequences without the whining....you play that game and get caught, you pay. On the matter of illegals, the "pay" part has been largely missing in this country for a long time now...and I think the "pay" part is getting ready to finally be applied.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:41 PM

ABC? I thought Trumpzis hated the lamestream media and complained that all they do is lie.

The article you cited doesn't seem to say that "everyone" estimates the cost at $100 billion. But you knew that already. Want to try again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Those people who are claiming Californians will stand up and object to their deportation..
So you claim that someone said that California should financially support all illegals?

Do you have some quotes to that effect that you can show me?

I'll understand if you don't.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I find your statement hard to believe as your are justifying those who broke the law, snuck into our country illegally, should remain.
I am? Please point out these alleged justifications. Thanks!

Old 11-15-2016, 02:43 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
N.O.

You think Californians are going to just let Trump's gestapo come into our cities and rip apart millions of families?

Go ahead and try.
No one's ripping families apart. Illegal parents take their anchor children with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies