Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2016, 09:58 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You bring up a very good point. Some departments, like my home town, are comprised of just a few officers.
Every city has what they need, but they would need more if they take over immigration enforcement, and guarding jails housing illegals awaiting deportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 10:01 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
"“We want these galleries out. They are going to be destructive to the things that we have been creating.” She said there was no such thing as reverse racism. “Because you know what, we’ve been experiencing oppression for hundreds of years. We’re not going to take this sitting down.”"
what in the world are you talking about?

Old 11-16-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
CA is pretty much a sanctuary State.
Pretty much, yeah as are Connecticut, New Mexico. Here's a whole list for you, it includes ultra liberal Clayton County Georgia
Map: Sanctuary Cities, Counties, and States | Center for Immigration Studies

Old 11-16-2016, 10:03 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Every city has what they need, but they would need more if they take over immigration enforcement, and guarding jails housing illegals awaiting deportation.
Maybe the shuttling of illegals to detention centers could be farmed out to contractors so that they wouldn't be burdened with that task.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:05 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Exactly what he said. Take away their money.

Then he can close down all federal government agencies in their cities and move those offices to the burbs. Then, the States with Republican governors can follow with state agencies. Move them to the burbs. Do you think the mayor's poor black constituencies will be mad? Yes. They aren't illegal criminals. The Governor and the President will tell them what's going on. They just want the illegal criminals. They will take it out on their mayors. The lefty newspapers will side with the mayors. Do you think the angry people read their rags?

Old 11-16-2016, 10:06 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,992,995 times
seems in the 1970's the Federal Govt threatened to take away funding for states that didn't lower their speed limits.

The states complied.

Threaten to take away funding and sanctuary cities will fold like an accordion.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:15 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,161 times
Quote:
A lot of Cities didn't care until they got to share the pain. Now it's everywhere.
They shouldn't be angry if they're fine with it. You should see how these folks are getting angry at techies changing the dynamics of the Bay area. Almost ironic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This is how gentrification is being handled in LA

Turns out diversity isn't so cool if it's white People moving in.

More peace and love from the leftists ..

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...gentrification
I posted a thread on this a week ago. Have they finally found the perpetrator? Also, has there been another alternative considered? Has there been another counter-argument from these activists that doesn't include "forcing the poor out"? (which is rare btw)

Old 11-16-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
I see I'm going to have to slow down for you. I simply pointed out an example. Not saying the program is bad, just a lot of the kids families could pay but don't have to. It's called waste just like I'm sure there is other waste that could be fixed to divert funds.
Do it for the babies Now that we see your true agenda Trump hater. Obviously you will belittle any suggestion to fix the problem because, well, you know it's TRUMP.
I don't hate Trump, I don't hate anyone I just enjoy pointing out the reality of how Trump supporters got punk'd. He can't do one tenth of what he promised you guys and I'm having great fun pointing that out. He isn't going to take over sanctuary cities, post ICE agents outside every jail, divert money from the Rural lunch program to hire ICE agents, stop people who are not accused of a crime and make them prove their citizenship and I doubt if he even cares about those issues, in 2011 he was in favor of amnesty for some illegals. Those were just red meat issues that he very cleverly realized could buy him an election. You bought it, you own it, I just don't think you realize exactly what you bought and I am not sure Trump even knows. so I'm just going to sit here and watch how it plays out.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:24 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I don't hate Trump, I don't hate anyone I just enjoy pointing out the reality of how Trump supporters got punk'd. He can't do one tenth of what he promised you guys and I'm having great fun pointing that out. He isn't going to take over sanctuary cities, post ICE agents outside every jail, divert money from the Rural lunch program to hire ICE agents, stop people who are not accused of a crime and make them prove their citizenship and I doubt if he even cares about those issues, in 2011 he was in favor of amnesty for some illegals. Those were just red meat issues that he very cleverly realized could buy him an election. You bought it, you own it, I just don't think you realize exactly what you bought and I am not sure Trump even knows. so I'm just going to sit here and watch how it plays out.
Good for you but it really does appear to be mere butt hurt. We'll have this same conversation when they appoint a conservative to replace Scalia.

The rest don't rank anywhere near that and that is the number one reason I voted for him. If nothing else changes, fine. Just lock up the Constitution for the next 25 years.

We had the choice between more of the same and the unknown. I'd have voted for a rock if the alternative was Hillary.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:32 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,992,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
He can over turn every one of Barack Obama's executive orders.

One of Barack HUSSEIN Obama's executive orders was the ICE back down on deportation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies