Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 08:44 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times

Advertisements

Go financial first-federal blackmail to get what they want is a long-established and accepted tactic. It was done to browbeat states to cap speed limits and to arbitrarily reduce the legal limit for intoxication when the feds withheld highway funding. Same here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 08:46 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Good luck with trying to even find the illegals here in Los Angeles. Do any of you realize that L.A. is a city of 4 million people? That's just within the city boundaries. L.A. County has a population of more than 10 million people. You can bet that if the federal government sends tanks in (which I seriously doubt would happen), there will be human chains in place to stop them.
Cut off funding, and welfare to illegals. They will scram.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:52 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Good luck with trying to even find the illegals here in Los Angeles. Do any of you realize that L.A. is a city of 4 million people? That's just within the city boundaries. L.A. County has a population of more than 10 million people. You can bet that if the federal government sends tanks in (which I seriously doubt would happen), there will be human chains in place to stop them.
Do you know what happens to a human chain that stands in front of a tank? The same thing that happens to everything else.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:05 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,548,321 times
Anyone who gets run over by a tank automatically becomes a martyr, furthering their cause beyond their wildest dreams. And no, the tanks wouldn't run anyone over. There would be a revolution if that happened.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:11 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,145,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I just love it how these little pipsqueaks of LA Chicago SF and Seattle propose to keep their sanctuary harboring criminals and illegal non citizens. When the whip comes down it's going to be interesting. I think that they could be charged with a number of crimes e.g. obstruction of justice, assisting a felon etc....I don't think Trump will dick around with them. Have them over for a beer and arrest their sorry asses.
Living eastside Seattle area, the reality is somewhat stark. Bums and vagrants wandering around, Communists giving speeches in Westlake Plaza (during Occupy, the other year: haven't been down to listen to latest). The police are handcuffed from doing their jobs by sympathetic City Council and mayor. Lot of us are wondering when that will change, when the gloves come off again so to speak for restoration of order.

This, in a place (King County) with median home price of (about) $550K as of last July (per Case-Shiller). Big disconnect, between people who can afford and want very badly to live here and illegal aliens, bums, and other dispossessed. Big gap between the haves and have-nots, if you will.

Shut down of federal funding for places like Seattle will lead to unrest in the streets. I personally think a major police presence and/or National Guard when that starts to get out of control, and "wait them out," may be a solution. Arrest the ringleaders. In a related matter, upon the election of Donald J Trump to the office of president, Councilmember Kshama Sawant began advocating massive protests against the democratically elected Donald Trump. She also called for a complete "shut down" of the United States on Inauguration Day. To me, that is criminal behavior by a government official and should be dealt-with as such.

Whether it will happen or not...the defunding...is an interesting question, one of political will. I certainly hope it does, followed by real "change" in places like Seattle.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:26 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,964,681 times
So let see....federal government troops will invade cities with tanks and military equipment, jack-booted thugs will kick down doors to confiscate illegal aliens, send them to holding camps, either put them on trial or deport them....yeah, that's 'Murica now. Good job, Alt-right. All you're missing is the little gestapo pins on the lapels.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
You dont need to send in tanks.. you just hit them the same way citizens are who dont follow the law.. ACA for example..

you take their MONEY..

When the cities cant afford to support their welfare policies on their own, they collapse just like the Soviet Union did.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:32 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,750,401 times
Trump should make it law that anyone who employs, houses, and otherwise aids and abets illegal aliens will be subject to a $50,000 fine and 5 years in jail. No more need for a wall, deportation force or any other device. They will self deport.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:35 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,964,681 times
So who is next after the illegals? I'm sure you must have a list of other undersirables to get rid of.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:37 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
So who is next after the illegals? I'm sure you must have a list of other undersirables to get rid of.
We can move on to the H-1B visa fraud next or clamp down on social program fraud. Surely you don't want American citizens losing jobs to unqualified non-assimilating foreigners or people spending your tax $$$ that don't deserve it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies