Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 12:37 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombleywomberly View Post
We only have your word for that.
I have heard numerous cases of Hillary supporters claiming to have been victimized by Trump supporters, only to have these cases exposed as hoaxes. I have yet to hear of any Trump supporters who falsely claimed to have NOT been victimized by Hillary supporters, when in fact they have been.

If you are aware of any examples of such a thing happening, please share them. Otherwise, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to take that poster's word that he has not been victimized by anyone, even though he is an immigrant who voted for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 01:42 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
That he will stack the SCOTUS full of anti-choice judges.

This was the main issue I voted on due to not particularly liking either candidate.
You mean he will stack the court with judges who are constructionist and these issues will then be determined by the states as was intended by our governments design? This is a state issue, not a federal one.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:00 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombleywomberly View Post
We only have your word for that.
Focus on actions, not just words

I have been here for more than a decade now & lived in the south, midwest, mountains & still love this country more than my country of origin. Which means I had good experience living in so-called "racist" regions. I still live in the south & love it here. Migrants are risking their lives to be here so what does it say about usa & its people? I understand migrants from poor countries with no opportunities are desperately trying to avoid moving back. Why do you think migrants from progressive countries like India & China are lining up to move here?

Asian countries are doing fine so why not move back if usa is so bad? Its not about the money because you can find a job easily there especially since you have lived in usa so its a big plus. Dont think all migrants are this pathetic bunch of victims who are always ridiculed & need your pity. Some of them use racism as an excuse when they dont get their way. The fact that they are still here & panicking at the prospect of having to move back to their countries means they are happy here.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:12 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Instead of believing in rumors, corrupt media & over reacting, lets be realistic & list all your concerns here. All of us can weigh in & see if we can address them in a civilized manner. What do you fear most from his presidency? Whats the worst that can happen? I am a legal immigrant & I was afraid about any hate crimes against me but life is going on as usual. I was open about voting for Trump so i lost some liberal friends in the process but thats the worst thing that has happened so far.

What are you afraid of most & maybe we can discuss if the fear is justified & how we can address your concerns. Lets be understanding & not badger each other. Problems & fears will only escalate by pointing fingers at each other.
I don't fear jack. You're the immigrant not me.

I'm just going to take care of mine.

I expect the economy to tank and the value of the dollar to decline. If Trump, Bannon and the rest keep pissing off the rest of the world, the "manufacturing jobs" he promised are going to be a chimera because NOBODY WILL BUY what we produce.

Pass the popcorn

Old 11-15-2016, 11:00 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,649,540 times
My biggest fear is trump followers are fanatical and he has a cult like following.(societies have fallen for charismatic leaders before who are incompetent at best dangerous at worst). when you have that type of following you are immune to criticism.like a mother unconditional love for her kid trump can do anything and his followers will always stand by him instead being realistic and criticizing him when he makes a mistake.
therefore he has no standards to live up to as long as he is trump(and what else can he be) he will always be a great success to his fans.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:52 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Focus on actions, not just words

I have been here for more than a decade now & lived in the south, midwest, mountains & still love this country more than my country of origin. Which means I had good experience living in so-called "racist" regions. I still live in the south & love it here. Migrants are risking their lives to be here so what does it say about usa & its people? I understand migrants from poor countries with no opportunities are desperately trying to avoid moving back. Why do you think migrants from progressive countries like India & China are lining up to move here?

Asian countries are doing fine so why not move back if usa is so bad? Its not about the money because you can find a job easily there especially since you have lived in usa so its a big plus. Dont think all migrants are this pathetic bunch of victims who are always ridiculed & need your pity. Some of them use racism as an excuse when they dont get their way. The fact that they are still here & panicking at the prospect of having to move back to their countries means they are happy here.
India & China are progressive Countries? How so?

Sounds like some American people are being 'schooled' by Trump University.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:05 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I don't have any fears about Trump's presidency, only giddy anticipation. But in order to contribute to this thread, I'll say that a friend of mine told me that some of his friends are worried that Trump's Supreme Court justices will overturn gay marriage. Again, that is an outcome that I would favor. But if you happened to be part of a gay marriage, I can certainly understand why this would be a concern. So I would have to say that this would be a fear that has an at-least somewhat chance of actually happening.
Yes, the fear is very rational. It has my lesbian cousin quite depressed at the moment.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:42 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen
That he doesn't follow through with his campaign claims and ends up "dealing" with the democrats too much resulting in garbage like Bush and Kennedy's No Child Left Behind, that he puts in more progressive changes under the guise of conservative constitutionality and this results in a massive anger by the people that conservative/Constitutional supporters are no different and we end up with only democrats for the next 30-40 years because we missed our chance to actually put in a true conservative and constitutional candidate.
I doubt if he will do any of the 76 things he said he would NxtGen!

It was all pre-election BS and they fell for it.... AGAIN!!

Old 11-16-2016, 01:48 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Instead of believing in rumors, corrupt media & over reacting, lets be realistic & list all your concerns here. All of us can weigh in & see if we can address them in a civilized manner. What do you fear most from his presidency? Whats the worst that can happen? I am a legal immigrant & I was afraid about any hate crimes against me but life is going on as usual. I was open about voting for Trump so i lost some liberal friends in the process but thats the worst thing that has happened so far.

What are you afraid of most & maybe we can discuss if the fear is justified & how we can address your concerns. Lets be understanding & not badger each other. Problems & fears will only escalate by pointing fingers at each other.
As someone who begrudgingly voted for him, I guess my worst fear is that he turns in to the Liberal that many of us suspect that he is. Or, being that he is essentially untethered to any sort of ideology, his egomania will make him more willing to bend or cave in an effort to appeal to his popularity as a president rather than trying to steer the country in a given direction.

Old 11-16-2016, 02:07 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:

I fear Trumps tax cuts that will add $6.2 trillion dollars to our national debt in the next 10 years. And these tax cuts will only give middle class families a 1.5% increase in after tax income (while giving the richest 0.1% of Americans a 14.2% increase in after tax income.)
Forbes Welcome

And Trump also wants to increase military spending by around $750 billion dollars every 10 years.
Forbes Welcome

Trumps tax cuts and military spending alone will add $7 trillion dollars to our deficits in the next 10 years, or $500+ billion dollar deficits each year.

In 2017 our federal deficit is projected to be $503 billion dollars. And with Trumps tax cuts and military spending our future deficits will be around $1 trillion dollars (that's $1 trillion dollars added to our national debt each year.)
2017 United States Federal Budget

America faces huge increases in Social Security and healthcare spending due to increased numbers of people retiring, how will we face these problems with $1 trillion dollar deficits?

And the higher our national debt rises the more US currency loses value. Countries like Russia and China have feared the stability of the US dollar for years and they have been making deals to remove the US dollar as the worlds reserve currency. And if our debt rises higher other countries will fear the US dollar even more and be scared to do business with America, and then other countries will give business to Russia and China lowering America's international standing even more.
https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/blo...46&language=en

And with time Trumps tax cuts will lower our GDP and jobs growth. By 2027 the tax cuts will lower GDP by 0.43% and cut 692,000 jobs, and by 2040 the tax cuts will eliminate 11 million jobs.
Trump's Tax Plan Would Destroy 11 Million Jobs: Analysis

How can America survive $1 trillion dollar deficits, increases in Social Security and healthcare spending, a US dollar with less value, other countries scared to do business with America, and a economy with falling GDP and falling jobs growth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies