Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 06:39 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
from what I read, Lebron didn't call Phil Jackson racist. He said he lost respect for him. One of Lebron's business partners was the one who made the accusation. Some of you may not get why a few black people who conduct business with each other would take offense to being called a "posse". There's just a bit of "we don't take blacks serious in a business sense, they just Lebron's little posse".
You know why we don't get it?

Because the guy who's complaining didn't say it. He didn't say, "We're a bit more than an entourage. I ______________, and I'd like my accomplishments and contributions to be properly recognized."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 06:43 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's not a threat. It's a sad reality. You know how the human mind is wired. People become reactive to the things they experience. It's the same reason black people aren't thrilled when they're being followed by a squad car.

You may not be as old as I am, but I thought we moved forward until a handful of years ago, when I thought we moved waaaaay backwards again.

Or maybe because you're black you don't think anything is different than any other time in history. I don't know - you'd have to tell me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What you do or don't do isn't my concern. We aren't on the same squad.

I DO represent for black people. I'm blackness personified. My people know it.

You don't know it because you ain't my people. LMAO

Old 11-16-2016, 06:59 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Oh, Shabazz, you must have missed the posts where I stated I voted for Obama twice. So NO. Now can I do the eye roll?

It was a few years ago, maybe three, that I started sensing some division between the races. I don't know why.
Most of us know why...

Old 11-16-2016, 07:12 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Oh, Shabazz, you must have missed the posts where I stated I voted for Obama twice. So NO. Now can I do the eye roll?

It was a few years ago, maybe three, that I started sensing some division between the races. I don't know why.
You're a Chicago guy.

Must be one of those Rust Belt "racists" that voted for Obama twice but woke up in a KKK robe this past Election Day.

Can't win with the SJWs. Just can't. SMH.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Most of us know why...
Okay, educate me.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:13 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Oh my gosh... a new word to start a riot over?

LeBron is probably still venerable and needs a safe zone and a rabbit after last weeks loss.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You're a Chicago guy.

Must be one of those Rust Belt "racists" that voted for Obama twice but woke up in a KKK robe this past Election Day.

Can't win with the SJWs. Just can't. SMH.

Shhhhhh!! Ix-nay on the obe-ray.

I wasn't happy with the first four years, but then thought he just might need a second term. Then I realized he's just not what he claimed to be.

Not a fan.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:25 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
I stopped reading the first post you did about it because you mentioned Maverick and I had no idea who that was.

I guess Jackson was supposed to pretend the world doesn't know LeBron needs to have things his way? I don't watch basketball and I've heard that before, so it's not a secret.

Maybe Carter is mad on LeBron's behalf, because LeBron is mad, and he figures that's what a good agent does.
Jackson says Riley has always had a good vibe with his guys but it fell apart at the end with Lebron (hence his move from Miami back up to Cleveland).

Since you aren't an NBA fan I'll tell you that this is a decent jab at Lebron's legacy. That's why there's anger coming from Lebron's camp. That and suggesting Lebron is high maintenance.

Riley's resume is the best in the biz. His "guys" have included HOFers Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Jamaal Wilkes, Pat Ewing, Dwayne Wade, Shaquille O'Neal, and Lebron.

He's got these guys 21 combined NBA titles as either a coach or team president. Without Riley they have a combined 6. And half of those 6 are from O'Neal's 3 titles under Jackson in Los Angeles.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Most of us know why...
I'll write this off as passive aggressive bull****, since you're not responding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Jackson says Riley has always had a good vibe with his guys but it fell apart at the end with Lebron (hence his move from Miami back up to Cleveland).

Since you aren't an NBA fan I'll tell you that this is a decent jab at Lebron's legacy. That's why there's anger coming from Lebron's camp. That and suggesting Lebron is high maintenance.

Riley's resume is the best in the biz. His "guys" have included HOFers Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Jamaal Wilkes, Pat Ewing, Dwayne Wade, Shaquille O'Neal, and Lebron.

He's got these guys 21 combined NBA titles as either a coach or team president. Without Riley they have a combined 6. And half of those 6 are from O'Neal's 3 titles under Jackson in Los Angeles.

How is that a jab at his legacy? His legacy will stand regardless of what Riley said.

I do have to wonder why the zen master would engage in **** stirring, because I don't see any real motive for sharing this information at this point.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:49 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
It's not a threat. It's a sad reality. You know how the human mind is wired. People become reactive to the things they experience. It's the same reason black people aren't thrilled when they're being followed by a squad car.

You may not be as old as I am, but I thought we moved forward until a handful of years ago, when I thought we moved waaaaay backwards again.

Or maybe because you're black you don't think anything is different than any other time in history. I don't know - you'd have to tell me.
Race relations have moved forward and I will be damned if it goes backward. It is in the mind of the person. Those who harbor resentment of slavery never moved forward but many have and they in their mind and spirit have moved way forward and that is the blessing in itself. Freedom of NEVER GOING BACKWARD. NEVER! It is in the spirit and it will always be there. NO ONE CAN TAKE IT FOR THEM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies