Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 10:41 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No they don't. Obama's team was in place in a few weeks. And that was with a skeleton crew as you said. He knew what he was doing unlike Trump, who has no clue
You are flat out wrong.

Long after he was in office, Obama left key positions unfilled and had career civil servants running them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 10:42 PM

275 posts, read 978,571 times
im still amazed how people can support that crazy man

Old 11-16-2016, 10:44 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Flat out lies.

No President has ever named all positions a week after an election.

You are just making this stuff up.
I never said a week. I said that Obama knew exactly who he wanted. Trump has no idea who he wants though....because he has no idea how to run a country and who to appoint.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:52 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
I never said a week. I said that Obama knew exactly who he wanted. Trump has no idea who he wants though....because he has no idea how to run a country and who to appoint.
What are you basing that on other than your own imagination?

Do you seriously think Trump gives a crap or should about these 4000 plus appointments that need to be made?

You don't understand how your government works.

He will likely never see or meet most of these people unless its in a large social gathering. He wont be dealing with most of them day to day.

Like any President or CEO the day to day operation of the govt will be delegated and a large portion of these appointees will be in charge of work that is delegated.

Have you ever held a job anywhere? Its no different than companies that go through changes in CEOS or reorganizations where everything changes overnight. Its all the same.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:00 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Ok, then tell me otherwise, if you know other president elects who gave gone through a difficult and mind boggling transition like this.
See this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...net-picks.html

Quote:
For all of the yodelers in the media and on CD about the lack of speed of Trump's picks which to you and the media means chaos, Obama was elected November 4, 2008. Here's when he made his big picks. Remember anyone complaining about him dribbling them out and how it meant chaos? Remember anyone whining that he didn't make his cabinet picks quick enough? Yeah, me neither.

Announced November 6, 2008

Chief of Staff

Announced November 22, 2008

Press Secretary

Announced November 28, 2008

Secretary of The Treasury

Announced December 1, 2008:

Secretary of State
Attorney General
Secretary of Homeland Security
Secretary of Defense
US Ambassador to the UN

Announced December 7, 2008:

Secretary of Veterans Affairs

Announced December 13, 2008:

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development

Announced December 15, 2008:

Secretary of Energy
Administer of the EPA

Announced December 16, 2008:

Secretary of Education

Announced December 17, 2008:

Secretary of The Interior
Secretary of Agriculture

Announced December 19, 2008:

Secretary of Labor
Secretary of Transportation

Announced February 25, 2009:

Secretary of Commerce

Announced February 28, 2009:

Secretary of Health and Human Services

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presid...f_Barack_Obama

You may recall a problem with some being tax reported/paid handicapped like Geithner and all of the ones for Health and Human Services before Sebeilius.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:28 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
It is my understanding Trump is having staffing issues. It seems there are still republicans out there that find him a person who is 'tough to take'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Don't know where you get your information, but unfortunately for you, it is way off base. Everything is going along just fine, he has many weeks to finalize everything..
This whole thread is full of butt hurt hillary lovers who got their azzes kicked and are not attempting to play Debbie downer... It isn't working...
Is it really way off base? ...

Republicans Refuse to Work in Trump Administration

Top Republican Has Moment Of Sanity, Will Avoid Working for Trump Administration

"A highly respected GOP leader, considered “thoughtful and measuredâ€, just warned his friends and colleagues that his original recommendation to work with this administration should be ignored. They should instead avoid it completely."

________

If Clinton was POTUS she would have had similar issues, I'm sure ... there wasn't a whole lot to work with, this election year. Hopefully, 2020 will be better.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
When Obama took office they said, something to the effect, we can tell who he is by the company he keeps. Can't say that about Trump ...

Old 11-16-2016, 11:40 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Ok, then tell me otherwise, if you know other president elects who gave gone through a difficult and mind boggling transition like this.
Quote:
No they don't. Obama's team was in place in a few weeks. And that was with a skeleton crew as you said. He knew what he was doing unlike Trump, who has no clue
you really have no clue about which you speak. nixon, carter, reagan, bush41, clinton, bush43, obama, and going back LBJ, JFK eisenhower, truman, FDR hoover, coolidge, wilson, in fact EVERY president in US history had transition issues. the clinton administration had to deal with the computers because bush41 ordered all the hard drives removed from the computers, bush43 had to deal with the computers when al gore had all the Ws removed from the keyboards, these are documented.

the clinton administration was so slow getting their transition team up to speed, and spent so much money doing it, that they went to congress to get more money for their transition team. clinton also left a few positions open until after his inauguration. bush41 probably had the easiest time since he was taking over from reagan, but even he has transition issues.

the only reason this transition seems all screwed up is because the media is pouncing on every tiny bit of information, and stretching the truth as far as they can stretch it, and then they go beyond and flat out LIE about what is going on. remember the media is pretty much all in the pockets of the DNC and the clintons. dont believe but about 10% of what you read in the media.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you really have no clue about which you speak. nixon, carter, reagan, bush41, clinton, bush43, obama, and going back LBJ, JFK eisenhower, truman, FDR hoover, coolidge, wilson, in fact EVERY president in US history had transition issues. the clinton administration had to deal with the computers because bush41 ordered all the hard drives removed from the computers, bush43 had to deal with the computers when al gore had all the Ws removed from the keyboards, these are documented.

the clinton administration was so slow getting their transition team up to speed, and spent so much money doing it, that they went to congress to get more money for their transition team. clinton also left a few positions open until after his inauguration. bush41 probably had the easiest time since he was taking over from reagan, but even he has transition issues.

the only reason this transition seems all screwed up is because the media is pouncing on every tiny bit of information, and stretching the truth as far as they can stretch it, and then they go beyond and flat out LIE about what is going on. remember the media is pretty much all in the pockets of the DNC and the clintons. dont believe but about 10% of what you read in the media.
There is a maturity factor here that goes beyond media reports. Just saying ... with what you have just described in the array of Administrations, (beginning with Clinton) there is something very disturbing when one sees an adult behaving in a childish fashion.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:59 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I have some gibberish written down from a metal patient that I don't understand. I'd like you to translate it for me. Are you fluent?
A metal patient? hmm I'm trying to think what that would look like
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies