Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2016, 06:37 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times

Advertisements

You people are funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Still waiting for this answer. It is obvious you have some sort of connection to illegals or are an illegal immigrant yourself.
Ive already stated my ultimate motivations...

It's all about what our personal motivations are. I am motivated by my desire to love my neighbor. The Savior's admonition doesnt have conditions based on place of birth or legal status.

The thought of crying children being ripped away from their parents because they are undocumented residents offends me to my core. I can't just sit by, I won't.

Deport the felons, deport the drug dealers and gang members.

But the rest MUST be given a path to legal status as a matter of conscience. It might not satisfy the demands of immigration policy, but we need to excercise mercy in this situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 06:41 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
You people are funny.

It's all about what our personal motivations are. I am motivated by my desire to love my neighbor. The Savior's admonition doesnt have conditions based on place of birth or legal status.

The thought of crying children being ripped away from their parents because they are undocumented residents offends me to my core. I can't just sit by, I won't.

But the rest MUST be given a path to legal status as a matter of conscience. It might not satisfy the demands of immigration policy, but we need to exercise mercy in this situation.
Remember the poutraged poutcry from the Right when armed federal agents ripped Elián González away from his rescuers and sent him back to Castro's Cuba?

Now they want to multiply that by the millions and cheer about it.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:53 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I disagree. Giving their kids here illegally a path to citizenship would be rewarding the parents for bringing them here illegally and violating our immigration laws.
You are correct, however, as I stated, this situation would not have ever developed if the gov would have done its job, and the voters held the gov accountable for doing its job. So at that, the gov and voters eat it, the kids, coming over as children and basically being here their whole lives, get a path to citizenship, but cannot petition relatives to come over.

I think it is a fair compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Are you suggesting that the kids remain here and the parents be deported? Isn't that the separation of families that the pro-illegals keep crying about? So what then, allow the entire family to remain here. I don't think so! They all need to go home together, family intact.
Yes, the kids stay, parents go. Kids go under state care, foster homes, until they are adults. The parents are more than welcome to bring their kids back with them, no one is going to stop that. But the parents should have thought about all of this before engaging in such irresponsible behavior.

I do not care what the pro-illegals cry about, they basically want all illegals to be able to stay, they have no merit in what they say in my opinion. All they do is try to justify why illegals are so special, more special than those who follow the laws to enter the country.

Sure, all go home together would be the ideal solution, but I think my solution is a fair compromise.

I am now going on over five years, trying to have a close relative visit me, yet this relative has not been able to be approved for a visa. There are millions of illegals in the country, and now local govs are stating they will protect them even more from deportation, yet I, a US citizen, cannot even have a close relative come visit due to lack of approval for a tourist visa, all for the reason of "she cannot prove she will leave the US."

But yet illegals are so special, that issues like this do not apply? They should receive some special privileges for illegally coming into the US? All BS.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:54 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
You people are funny.

But the rest MUST be given a path to legal status as a matter of conscience. It might not satisfy the demands of immigration policy, but we need to excercise mercy in this situation.
No one is ripping children from their parents. Families go back together.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:02 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
I keep hearing that Obama didn't really deport anyone.
True^^^^ Obama cooked the books when it came to those deportation figures:

Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says - Washington Times

Old 11-16-2016, 07:04 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicaOnTheHudson View Post
Excellent, good to see others standing up to fascism. Hopefully, New York will follow suit.
What does fascism have to do with illegal immigrants?

Old 11-16-2016, 07:04 PM

One has to wonder what the OP's dog is in this fight.

The OP seems absolutely panicked at the thought of so much as 1 illegal getting deported.

My guess is that the OP employs illegals. Either that or he is here illegally or has relatives who are illegals.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
They do?

Cite the relevant law.
You need to learn how to "multi-quote".

They're called "illegal aliens" for a reason. So, what part of "illegal" don't you understand?

Old 11-16-2016, 07:15 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
One has to wonder what the OP's dog is in this fight.
Yes my dog in this fight is a deep desire to do the right thing.

I share this sentiment:
“If the first day, as president, we see something that is hostile to our people, hostile to our city, bad for our economy, bad for our security, we will speak up, speak out, act up and act out”-Gil Garcetti, Mayor of Los Angeles

Quote:
The OP seems absolutely panicked at the thought of so much as 1 illegal getting deported.
The felons, drug dealers and gang members cah go.

The others need to stay.

Quote:
My guess is that the OP employs illegals. Either that or he is here illegally or has relatives who are illegals.
I hope those who actually fall in these categories know that most of us in California stand with them.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:23 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Yes my dog in this fight is a deep desire to do the right thing.

I share this sentiment:
“If the first day, as president, we see something that is hostile to our people, hostile to our city, bad for our economy, bad for our security, we will speak up, speak out, act up and act out”-Gil Garcetti, Mayor of Los Angeles

The felons, drug dealers and gang members cah go.

The others need to stay.

I hope those who actually fall in these categories know that most of us in California stand with them.
So, you think that is a person enters the US illegally, they should automatically get to stay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies