Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 09:14 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're so clearly entrenched in your hatred of black and brown people that the thought of a foundation targeting poor people, a segment of the population that includes all races, is troublesome to you.

Microsoft does business in 170 countries and has between 114,000 - 129,000 employees, but you honestly feel the money Bill Gates gives away should go to white Americans.

Good luck with that racist, 'always cheated', losing attitude. I'm sure it's working out splendidly or you wouldn't be that fixated on what other people do with their money.
Nice projection. I point out that your rich boy Gates discriminates on race and national origin and you respond by building strawman calling me the racist lol. I didn't know you were a Leftist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 09:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You tell me that but I don't believe it.
you're denial doesnt change reality..

Old 11-17-2016, 09:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Nice projection. I point out that your rich boy Gates discriminates on race and national origin and you respond by building strawman calling me the racist lol. I didn't know you were a Leftist.
You clearly dont know anything..

Old 11-17-2016, 09:35 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
You know of billionaires that lead by example? Who?
Trump just got done spending hundreds of millions of dollars of his own money to become President to make American great again.

Old 11-17-2016, 09:43 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You clearly dont know anything..
Haha that was my argument all his billions and efforts go to foreigners and 'diversity'. Excluding whites and Americans is discriminatory too...isn't it ?

Old 11-18-2016, 08:03 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:

Wrong, I pointed out how he's helping Americans of all races, and you came back with this brilliant comment:

Quote:
Give it up. I know enough to know where the target of money is to. Of course they're not going to come out and say we don't give scholarships or money to schools in suburbs or rural areas that aren't diverse. But you can tell reading between the lines.

In other words, give up on providing you with the facts that he helps people of all races, because 'you know better'.

The thing you think you know 'better' is that he discriminates against white people, when in fact, you're just the racist who sees it that way.

You don't have to pretend you're not a racist. You've posted enough for everyone to know better.

You don't have to pretend you're not a negative 'poor me, I'm always the cheated one' type of person either. You've posted enough for everyone to know that, too.

Bottom line is:
  • Most billionaires have philanthropic causes.
  • Many billionaires have come together to try and make the world a better place.
  • Some billionaires have promised to give away all of their money either while they're still alive, or after they die.
  • It's their money and they can do as they like with it.
  • It's none of anyone's business what they do with their money.

I post these things knowing there are losers in the forum that will continue to bash the wealthy....simply because the wealthy have something they'll never have.

So go ahead and have the last word, I'll go back to ignoring you for the most part, because I try not to waste my time on racists and negative people.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:14 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Because of Bill and Melinda Gates, malaria will be eradicated by 2040.

Warren Buffett started the Giving Pledge. Take a look at who is involved:

https://givingpledge.org/
I imagine you find the three posts above this one of yours as silly as I do. The first name that popped into my head was Jon Huntsman Sr. (re what he has done to help fight cancer), but I noticed he and his wife are listed on the link you provided.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:19 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I see all these people preaching peace, sustainability, and togetherness, yet they are living completely different lifestyles than what they preach to the public.
Most billionaires do not preach anything like this.

There also are not that many billionaires.

But more to the point, the top 0.1% are valued by net assets. This often includes the estimated values of enterprises they own. It is not an accurate picture of their checking accounts.

"Money" to the very wealthy is not cash in a checking account.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Two things.
1. You can't be in politics for 30 years and not be corrupt
2. 98 percent of millionaires and billionaires have accumulated their wealth through the Explotation of other human beings. Or their they inherited such money from their parents who did this
What likely holds you back more than anything else is your attitude.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Bill and Melinda should be focusing on the people of this country. They are making the same mistake as Hillary. She focused on the 0.1% while dismissing the people who voted for Trump as deplorables. This sort of thinking is what is wrong with this country and thank God it's being challenged.
You obviously didn't click on the link. There are a number of people on that list who are alive and well and have done plenty to help people within the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies