Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 09:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Of course he was greedy and conniving. He outmaneuvered many people, charged a lot for a crap product because he had a monopoly he cleverly created. I don't really begrudge him for making billions. But he mostly used any charity to benefit foreigners. I don't consider that virtuous. I don't think most tech moguls are very virtuous. I don't like Zuckerberg either. It has little to do with them getting so rich or how they did it.

The Gates Foundation has a U.S. Division, not everything they do is global.

And it still sounds like you just don't like rich guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 09:39 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The Gates Foundation has a U.S. Division, not everything they do is global.

And it still sounds like you just don't like rich guys.
I just don't like some rich guys liberal/leftist or globalist politics, positions and activities. I just don't see their charity very virtuous in general. I don't like the Kochs particularly but I don't see them as hypocritical and phony.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:21 PM

18,498 posts, read 9,164,949 times
mtl1,

If I remember correctly, you support conservative politics and decry liberal politics. In general, liberals are more likely to advocate increased taxation on the very rich compared to conservatives. So why do you support conservatives if you don't like billionaires?

Old 11-15-2016, 10:24 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
They are just massive hypocrites. People like Gore, Soros, all the environmental wacko hollywood nuts that have multiple estates, travel in their private jets and yachts really don't have a leg to preach on.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:32 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
mtl1,

If I remember correctly, you support conservative politics and decry liberal politics. In general, liberals are more likely to advocate increased taxation on the very rich compared to conservatives. So why do you support conservatives if you don't like billionaires?
I don't really support increased taxation of the rich per se. I do think most conservatives are too pro globalist corporation and pro rich. The problem is liberals advocate everything else under the sun that I oppose.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:35 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't really support increased taxation of the rich per se. I do think most conservatives are too pro globalist corporation and pro rich. The problem is liberals advocate everything else under the sun that I oppose.
What is "pro globalist corporation" and what do you mean "pro rich"?

Old 11-16-2016, 07:51 AM

1,302 posts, read 683,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I see all these people preaching peace, sustainability, and togetherness, yet they are living completely different lifestyles than what they preach to the public.

While we are all guilty of this, billionaires have the ability to make substantial changes. They could purchase land and develop a sustainable society with the use of present day technology. They could easily use their wealth and resources, especially in a strategic alliance with other billionaires, to contract the best environmental engineers and environmental scientists, along with pragmatists and other specialties who are interested in designing a minimalistic society which manages to meet all of our needs in accordance with Maslow's hierarchy.

However, as we all know, there has been no real effort to do such a thing. Perhaps, there is an alternative plan that doesn't involve you.

They are not going to help you. The only way we can help us is by helping ourselves. While it is true that we may be comparatively weak individually, we have strength in numbers. If we want to change society for the better, we must actively and peacefully work together to obtain this goal.

Our leadership may have abandoned us. We can only hope that Trump is different and prevents those that oppose us from dictating our future reality. However, we cannot accomplish anything until we have harmony. I do not know of anyone in history that said it better than Jesus Christ when He said, "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall."

they have created those UTOPIA towns, it just happens that you were not invited:

Founder of Domino’s Pizza has created a town in Florida without democracy.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:55 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
Two things.
1. You can't be in politics for 30 years and not be corrupt
2. 98 percent of millionaires and billionaires have accumulated their wealth through the Explotation of other human beings. Or their they inherited such money from their parents who did this

Old 11-16-2016, 07:57 AM

3,118 posts, read 5,357,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
You know of billionaires that lead by example? Who?
Do some research instead of just assuming. There is a group of billionaires that have pledged to give all of their money to charity. It was even on 60 minutes. It is led by bill gates. Bill Gates is a widely known philanthropist where he has the Bill Gates Foundation that gives billions away.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:24 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,190,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Do some research instead of just assuming. There is a group of billionaires that have pledged to give all of their money to charity. It was even on 60 minutes. It is led by bill gates. Bill Gates is a widely known philanthropist where he has the Bill Gates Foundation that gives billions away.
I don't think you posted based on the premise of my initial post. It is much easier to give away all of your money when you are dead. What difference does it make to you? Perhaps it is Gates' way to hedge his bets. It's Gates' solution to Pascal's wager.

If Gates is true believer that population must be reduced considerably, why does he live his life in such an unsustainable way?

Why? Because he doesn't have the discipline to fully confide in his convictions. Only a truly great man would be willing to sell the majority of his possessions to try and create a so-called utopian society.

This man truly has the capacity to change the world for the better, and while he has made contributions to society, perhaps this fan of eugenics and death panels has ulterior motives.

There are many conspiracies surrounding the Gates' foundation. Recently how many conspiracy theories have become conspiracy facts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies