Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 07:34 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
As bad as the Ebenezer Scrooge types are, I respect them more than many of the others. Someone like Sorros or Gates who hoard up money just to spend it against the people and place they got rich, and then act like their virtuous for doing so.

First of all, stop throwing Soros into the argument as he has nothing to do with billionaires who legitimately add value to the world, rather than toppling governments, attempting to influence elections with covert activity veiled as charity, etc.

Secondly, what do you mean they "spend it against the people and place they got rich"? How does one spend money AGAINST people???

Quote:
Does he give white American people any significant proportion of charity? He sure likes to give their jobs away to foreigners it seems. Don't try to make his discrimination a virtue and me the bad guy . The most charitable thing someone like Gates could do IMO is put more money into American employment and development and his product, but no one would notice that.
I've told you before, his foundation has a U.S. branch, and Americans of all races benefit from his programs.

I'm sorry you're upset that those he's helping aren't 95% white, but that's just too bad. It's his money, he isn't doing anything wrong and is helping the world eradicate major diseases. That will be his legacy.

I'm seriously embarrassed for you that you're older than 30 and this is your mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 08:05 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,517,842 times
I think the OP never figured out that life isn't fair. Embarrassed for him also.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
But those jerks do nothing charitable for Americans or non diverse people.
So now you want to dictate how people spend their own money?

And people wonder why Democrats lost.. big time..

Old 11-17-2016, 08:16 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I've told you before, his foundation has a U.S. branch, and Americans of all races benefit from his programs.
You tell me that but I don't believe it.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
You tell me that but I don't believe it.
Of course you don't. And you're too lazy to go to the foundation website to check it out. Not to mention, it just doesn't fit your narrative.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Of course you don't. And you're too lazy to go to the foundation website to check it out. Not to mention, it just doesn't fit your narrative.
I did go to the website I even listed some of the billions and millions given to anyone as long as they were foreign or 'diverse'. The websites didn't fit your narrative.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:43 PM

Quote:
I did go to the website I even listed some of the billions and millions given to anyone as long as they were foreign or 'diverse'. The websites didn't fit your narrative.

K-12 Education - Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Postsecondary Success - Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Washington State - Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Who cuts your meat in little pieces and chews your food for you?

Old 11-17-2016, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Give it up. I know enough to know where the target of money is to. Of course they're not going to come out and say we don't give scholarships or money to schools in suburbs or rural areas that aren't diverse. But you can tell reading between the lines.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/doe..._white_people/

Quote:
Microsoft gazillionaire-turned-philanthropist Bill Gates has apparently decided to award Gates Millennium Scholarships only to Americans of* non-European descent.* He did so back in January but the word is just slowly getting around.
Brian Garst observes, “Now, he is free to direct that his money be spent however he pleases.* The rest of us, likewise, are free not to purchase the products of a racist.” He’s right on both counts.** But is Gates really a racist?

Old 11-17-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Give it up. I know enough to know where the target of money is to. Of course they're not going to come out and say we don't give scholarships or money to schools in suburbs or rural areas that aren't diverse. But you can tell reading between the lines.
You're so clearly entrenched in your hatred of black and brown people that the thought of a foundation targeting poor people, a segment of the population that includes all races, is troublesome to you.

Microsoft does business in 170 countries and has between 114,000 - 129,000 employees, but you honestly feel the money Bill Gates gives away should go to white Americans.

Good luck with that racist, 'always cheated', losing attitude. I'm sure it's working out splendidly or you wouldn't be that fixated on what other people do with their money.

Old 11-17-2016, 09:01 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Oh there are some very rich people spending money on making things happen politically. I guess that's a kind of charity, or very scary thing, depending one which way you lean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies