Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 06:43 PM

1,831 posts, read 1,431,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Time to call in the National Guard and set up a curfew but doubt Obama will do it.
Doesn't take the president to do it. The state governor can call out the Guard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 07:39 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Listen to the audio.

She "claimed" to have had an emergency. Others say she tried to run over people. Where's the proof that she is pregnant?

I call BS.
So tell us what you would do if a mob surrounded your car yelling and screaming breaking the glass and you were alone? Personally, I would say most anything to get out of that. Say I am about to give birth, say I am having a heart attack, say my car has a bomb that is about to go off, etc etc etc.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Aside from whether or not the chick was even pregnant, if the protestors were anarchists, blah...what was the protest supposed to solve? Did it accomplish anything? Anybody wanna address why the Lefties keep crying and protesting?

Only thing they are accomplishing is people who voted for Trump are sure they did the right thing plus Trump will win again in 4 years.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
What can you say this is happening all over the world. How do you control stupid people? I have seen a lot in my life...all types of changes. If I go back to being a kid and the son of immigrants...I remember these types..they were low class people who had no real awareness of how the world works or how things are done.

It is a youth issue...Their brains are not fully developed and they function on emotion. They can be easily manipulated by ideology. I saw them in the occupy movement...the protestors were all young...BUT behind the scene I saw old bearded fanatics - old school Marists and others...Just like ISIS there is always some weird old man manipulating youth...

These old bastards are who you have to go after.
Those are the ultra liberal professors who teach these kids to riot when things don't go their way----remember Bill Ayers----Obama's buddy? He thought bombing buildings was cool. He got away with it on a technicality and now teaches at a university.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:58 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Yeah, take the law into your own hands. Shoot first and ask questions later. Great advice.
I'll take the law into my own hands if need be because incidents such as the OP show that sometimes you just can't count on the police to help when you need it. I've been around savages most of my adult life while working as a LEO. They have no regard for human life and I have no regard for their lives.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:03 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
So why aren't the "good" people stopping them? Hmm?

I have seen tea party protesters step up and stop/impede poor behavior from people at their protests, why aren't they?
In Portland, are you kidding? How many tea party people do you think are out in these "protests"? Probably close to zero. And why should they, liberals keep yammering about how the police are there to protect everyone, that should be enough right?

Old 11-16-2016, 08:18 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And since I know you folks dont believe me...this is what our local cops tweeted.
https://twitter.com/PortlandPolice/s...50741411708928

Many in crowd trying to get anarchist groups to stop destroying property, anarchists refusing. Others encouraged to leave area.
It sound like the people there didn't learn from the Korean shopkeepers during the 1992 LA riots. That was probably before most of the rioters were born so they wouldn't know about it.

Of course being ultra liberal Portland they'd probably be arrested for defending themselves.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:23 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Calling these anarchists "anarchists" is like calling the KKK "Republicans" or the New Black Panthers "Democrats".

Anarchism is a philosophical ideology. These people are chaotic thugs.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:54 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Only thing they are accomplishing is people who voted for Trump are sure they did the right thing plus Trump will win again in 4 years.
Very true. I think a lot of people would have had some concerns the next few days with the way the media is portraying Trump as an amateur, getting all those Republican names as cabinet members. That stuff would have been a little more concerning had we not had this week long temper tantrum reminding us what the stakes are. Whoever thought this was a good idea sure screwed over the Democrats for a long time.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:57 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
In Portland, are you kidding? How many tea party people do you think are out in these "protests"? Probably close to zero. And why should they, liberals keep yammering about how the police are there to protect everyone, that should be enough right?
I think he meant that the Tea Party people stopped their own protesters when they started getting a little rowdy, not that Tea Party members could or should stop these Democrat rioters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies