Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 06:25 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Fact is, if you have nothing to hide, a background check should be no problem for you. Why someone would oppose that is beyond me.
Like stop & frisk, right? If you have nothing to hide it shouldn't be a problem for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 06:25 PM

1,504 posts, read 850,984 times
Almost all of the liberals her in Toronto have never even held a fire arm...and they fear and hate them...Growing up rural guns were common...You as a kid could walk down the road with your 22 or shot gun and it was normal.

Canada is not a gun country - and any people that have guns are police...criminal and military. Recently I took my new wife to a gun range...Firing a gun was on her bucket list...She was a pro...I was proud of her. She had to explain to her liberal friends that it was a lark...but it was something she needed to do.

All of my Canadian kids understand what firearms are and know how to use them...The typical criminal in Toronto who is packing is usually black...lives either on the west end or the east end of Toronto.. and is the product of being raised by a single mother.

These guys think guns make you a man...IF the progressives here in Toronto set up programs where poor black kids could go to a shooting range at an early age...they would have developed a proper attitude about guns...instead of this Hollywood crap.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:29 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Still waiting for proof that that the left has zero knowledge about guns. Maybe there isn't any.
You clearly haven't read any of the gun related threads here or watched any anti gun politician pontificating. They're dripping with leftists who clearly demonstrate zero knowledge about guns.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:05 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
The kind who doesn't see the big deal in doing a background check for every sale as it's not an inconvenience and doesn't restrict anyone's access to firearms.

Essentially I'm not a fear monger and I don't use slippery slope arguments to prove my point.
Of course not because liberals have zero problem spending other people's money especially when they have no skin in the game.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:21 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,559,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I literally said a couple pages ago I think silencers should be completely unregulated. I do not simply want more restrictions and I clearly explained my position and why I thought as much. It was clear and based on the idea that human lives are worth something.
How is spending billions and achieving virtually nothing logical or reasonable?

https://www.fbi.gov/news/testimony/f...scal-year-2016

Did the background check really do anything? Virtually nothing. Looking at the murder rates before the background check.

https://mises.org/blog/fbi-us-homicide-rate-51-year-low

Old 11-16-2016, 08:44 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,116,302 times
I don't think many understand why there are so many murders in some black neighborhoods. 8 year olds start using drugs and carrying guns because it is the culture. Their older brothers did it, their fathers did it, their grandfathers did it. It is "normal" to them. They don't see it as unusual. They see it from the day they are old enough to see what is happening around them.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:52 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,948,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Maybe I was not clear. It's not the life saved. It's the number of people convicted for failing background check. Each year, there are about 40,000 people failing background which in itself is a felony punishable with a 10 year sentence. Only about 60-70 are convicted and often less than 200 even prosecuted.

In short, even with the existing background check, there's almost no follow up, rendering the check a mere joke.

Again, why not be proactive? Lock up those who would fail background checks and we would have near zero murder rate. We know who they are and where they live and we don't trust them with anything, do we?
The thing is most of those people are NOT criminals, but are VICTIMS of referencing errors in the FBI system. And currently the FBI is refusing to even process denial appeals, so there is NO way to appeal a denial.

That is criminalization without recourse or representation.

Furthermore these new laws in WA, OR and now NV are going to put law abiding people in jail. For example under the Bloomberg laws you can only transfer (loan or hand) a gun to another if the OWNER is present. Like at a gun range. Otherwise the transfer has to go through a FFL dealer.

So - you loan your work truck to an employee to run down to the hardware store, and forget you left your pistol in the glove box. The employees gets stopped and the police find the gun. UNREGISTERED TRANSFER - YOU go to prison! Probably both of you. There is a guy in WA state currently being prosecuted for this, left a gun at a girlfriends home and was arrested.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:02 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,559,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
The thing is most of those people are NOT criminals, but are VICTIMS of referencing errors in the FBI system. And currently the FBI is refusing to even process denial appeals, so there is NO way to appeal a denial.

That is criminalization without recourse or representation.

Furthermore these new laws in WA, OR and now NV are going to put law abiding people in jail. For example under the Bloomberg laws you can only transfer (loan or hand) a gun to another if the OWNER is present. Like at a gun range. Otherwise the transfer has to go through a FFL dealer.

So - you loan your work truck to an employee to run down to the hardware store, and forget you left your pistol in the glove box. The employees gets stopped and the police find the gun. UNREGISTERED TRANSFER - YOU go to prison! Probably both of you. There is a guy in WA state currently being prosecuted for this, left a gun at a girlfriends home and was arrested.
Suit him right! I bet he gets more years than a serial killer!

Old 11-16-2016, 09:22 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
This is why there is a gun problem... Liberal judges don't enforce existing laws and continue to give felons caught with guns a slap in the wrist. Finally some proof.

Lawmaker calls for state audit after FOX6 investigation on felons with guns | FOX6Now.com

Old 11-16-2016, 09:48 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,282,587 times
The more I read these post election apocalyptic threads, it sounds more like monsters v aliens. Just reading this crap is sad. All the liberals this, all the conservatives that. Unreal how C-D is the epitome and mirror of this countries division. Right now political rhetoric in this country is worse than religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies