Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 03:01 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Still waiting for proof that that the left has zero knowledge about guns. Maybe there isn't any.
Can't prove something that doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 03:02 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,444,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Can't prove something that doesn't exist.
Still claiming that "the left has zero knowledge about guns" but you admit you can't prove it?

Consider your premise debunked by default, then.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:04 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,385,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Eh, the licensing system I described earlier solves all these problems as well. Just make the license required to buy ammo. Go into the store, grab a box of ammo, go to counter - hand license - guy at counter scans it just like someone who looks younger but is actually 21 buying booze - out they go with the ammo. Much more streamlined than constant background checks and has most of the security benefits if not more.
Sounds like a plan. I still think a lot of the gun nuts would oppose it though. They have a fear of "being tracked" and "having their guns taken away", so this would just be another way for the big bad government to do that.

Personally, it sounds like a plan. You would have to renew it every so often, and redo the background check and tests, and then you would be good to go for another however many years.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:08 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
I am a lefty, a gun owner and have a license to carry. I am not worried about Democrats taking away my right to own a weapon or carry a weapon,or use it in self defense.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:26 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Sounds like a plan. I still think a lot of the gun nuts would oppose it though. They have a fear of "being tracked" and "having their guns taken away", so this would just be another way for the big bad government to do that.

Personally, it sounds like a plan. You would have to renew it every so often, and redo the background check and tests, and then you would be good to go for another however many years.
Maybe they could be convinced when they realize they are ALREADY being background checked each time and this would be more like a get out of background checks free card once the initial permit was granted.

Another strong point of this is we already have licencing frame works to base it off of, such as drivers licenses etc...

Old 11-16-2016, 03:39 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I am a lefty, a gun owner and have a license to carry. I am not worried about Democrats taking away my right to own a weapon or carry a weapon,or use it in self defense.
Come to California where democrats have made that illegal already.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:44 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Still claiming that "the left has zero knowledge about guns" but you admit you can't prove it?

Consider your premise debunked by default, then.
Can't because you have no knowledge.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:45 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Another strong point of this is we already have licencing frame works to base it off of, such as drivers licenses etc...
I'm not saying I'm for or against this.... but isn't this within the same reasoning of having voter ID... and we're being told THAT isn't possible.....but it would be possible for gun ownership? I'm not following why we CAN have stronger gun licensing but we CAN'T have voter ID???

Why don't we just have one big old ID that has checkboxes for citizenship, driving privileges, voter privileges, gun privileges, pet ownership, and all the other things we need a license for?

Old 11-16-2016, 03:45 PM

2,202 posts, read 4,325,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Shouldn't people learn a little about it before commenting?

Isn't it really condescending and irresponsible for someone to tell you how to do things without even trying to know what they are talking about?

Yet again and again, we hash and rehash the same ignorance of the left.

Let me just add, everything has exceptions and nothing is absolute. A few exceptions don't change the generalization. Let's not talk about the semantics that I didn't say "some" or use the word "most."
Doesn't matter. Only about 70 million out of 320 million people own guns. Given the NRA has less than 3.5 million members, it wouldn't take much for an anti-gun takeover of NRA lobbying to put an end to the debate. Can you imagine if just 1.5% of the population (4.8 million) bought an NRA membership just to ensure whatever lobbying stance it wanted? Headline: "NRA lobbies for major gun ban; including 4-yr. college degree requirement for gun ownership".

Old 11-16-2016, 03:48 PM

12,953 posts, read 13,665,225 times
The myth that liberals don't own guns, Liberals are just not ideologically connected to their guns. At least no more than they are connected to their refrigerators. The government is going to take our refrigerators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies