Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 11:40 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times

Advertisements

Rutgers professor 'taken for a psych evaluation' over 'threatening' tweets | Daily Mail Online

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 11:40 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Just like your posts on this thread.

Still waiting for your advice as to how we can all legally evade paying taxes?

Do tell?
Only because you keep insisting I have yet to answer a question when in fact, I did. I'd stop doing that if I were you ...

I won't say it again. Third Party option. Don't like it? Then enjoy paying your taxes.

Next ----

Old 11-17-2016, 12:44 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
College students are now protesting to set up "sanctuary cities" in college campuses so illegal, undocumented students cannot be deported by federal law enforcement.

Now are these illegal immigrants receiving FREE Or reduced tuition at a much lower price than American students because they are undocumented?? . If soo... ... Why in the HELL Would American students be protesting deportation of undocumented college students? Students are paying an arm and leg over overpriced education with no guarantee of a good job after college, yet they have no problem with illegal, undocumented immigrants paying next to nothing or free education at the same university??

This makes NO Damn sense at ALL!!!!!
But it does make sense. No, doubt, many undocumented foreign students are very nice, charming people easy to make good friends with. I wouldn't be surprised the guys don't have much trouble getting dates.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:05 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
College students are now protesting to set up "sanctuary cities" in college campuses so illegal, undocumented students cannot be deported by federal law enforcement.

Now are these illegal immigrants receiving FREE Or reduced tuition at a much lower price than American students because they are undocumented?? . If soo... ... Why in the HELL Would American students be protesting deportation of undocumented college students? Students are paying an arm and leg over overpriced education with no guarantee of a good job after college, yet they have no problem with illegal, undocumented immigrants paying next to nothing or free education at the same university??

This makes NO Damn sense at ALL!!!!!

If they're paying the same rate - or even "out of state" tuition rates, does it make sense to you then?

Old 11-17-2016, 07:31 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Off for Thanksgiving break? My kids were lucky if they got the Wednesday before Thanksgiving off. Who is on Thanksgiving break at this point?
My nephew is a college student and he starts break tomorrow! They get the whole week off now in some colleges/universities for Thanksgiving. Some get additional time off if they do midterms/exams before the holiday.

Old 11-17-2016, 12:22 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Illegals shouldn't be in this country, especially not attending colleges or other state universities where state tax dollars support the university & provide these illegal students financial "assistance".

They have no right to take up spaces that should be given to foreign nationals on student visas or citizens of the US.

End of story.

Nobody is forcing the universities to accept illegals. If illegals are students at the schools, they got there because the admission decided they want them.

All of which is to say, I have no dog in this fight. If you have a problem with it, talk to the schools.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:47 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You know a person by his friends. I wish we could deport un-American progressives too.
So, just for sake of argument, let's say you are at college and meet someone who appears to be of foreign extraction. Do you rudely ask (because, as you know, one cannot tell by looking) if they are here legally? Or do you just treat them as anyone else, and get to know them?

What if, having gotten to know them, you learn later, after you have grown to care for them as a friend, that they were brought to this country illegally by their parents as a small child? Clearly, they had no role in making that decision, but this country is now their home, the only one they have ever known.

Do you break off the friendship?

I would argue that you might be known by your friends, but you are known more accurately by how you treat your friends.

BTW, wouldn't kicking out of the country fellow citizens whose opinions you consider un-American be even more un-American than the views themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies