Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 10:20 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
BOOM the race card has been thrown !
It has? When? Where? By whom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 10:22 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
I suspect that their approval wasn't all tacit in many cases. I saw video of thousands of the Faithful roaring like animals to express their approval of his shrill denunciations of those he disdained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9YPYRaeTW0
"Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it." George Santayana

Old 11-22-2016, 10:23 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Thats exactly what I would have done if Hillary had won.
So you say. We'll never know.

Quote:
Sit back & watch the disaster.
No.

Quote:
Dems think there wont be another election after this because Trump will usher in political armageddon that will change the country forever.
They do? All of them? Every last one?

Quote:
Before they know it, he will be done with 4yr term & if he does well, we will elect him again & if he fails, we wil vote him out of office.
We'll see.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
If Trump is so bad, why don't Democrats just stand back and watch the trainwreck?
They can:

1. Stand back and watch
2. Sabotage and make sure he fails. This was GOP choice with Obama
3. Try to make the best of it and serve their nation

It is their choice. It seems Pelosi in in process of being thrown out, so there might be hope for them.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-22-2016 at 10:58 AM..

Old 11-22-2016, 10:37 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
It has? When? Where? By whom?

Nice, play innocent. You seem to enjoy painting Trump supporters with a very wide brush.
Attached Thumbnails
If Trump is so bad, why don't Democrats just stand back and watch the trainwreck?-.jpg  

Old 11-22-2016, 10:47 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
You're assuming that the extent of our opposition is posting on c-d.

That's a very rash assumption on your part.
Ok, let's go with it being a rash assumption on my part. But what is whining on CD gonna solve? And what are protests/petitions gonna do? Sure there are 1mil+ signatures for that one anti-Trump petition, but that's still less than 1% of the country's population lol. It's futile.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:03 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont understand this line of questioning.

Why would you stand back and let someone wreck the country( if you truly believe they will) ??????????
The thing is, there is not a whole lot you can do about a bull in a china shop. I think Dems intend to keep a very very close watch on him, his business dealings, his kids business dealings (since they seem to running the WH) and when he steps over the line, go after him the way those lovely fellas in the House GOP have gone after every Dem they could every chance they could.

There is nothing you can do about the old white regressive appointments he is making, either. I really do worry about him wrecking the economy--stagflation like the 70s, stupid trade wars and protectionism. Some of us are fortunate enough to work with the one percent who he will bestow more money upon, but I do feel bad for those that will be hurt by a really crummy economy and job losses, yet I suspect many of those people voted for him.

They way to go is to protest to your state senators and reps as loudly as possible and keep up the heat on him. If he makes everyone rich and happy like he promised--well that would be just great. If he is a disaster, he'll be outta there 2020, and the Dems will be back in to clean up the mess. He's totally indecisive, so he's pretty much listening to those around him, and that worries me a great deal.

Personally, I mostly stopped watching the news and political programs because I cannot stand hearing about him, his family and his tweets, listening to him or watching him appoint detestable and also some not so bright people (such as his son-in-law) around him. I'm not a masochist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies