Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 01:53 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
pretty sad when make-believe, pseudo-LEOs can't recognize the will of the people
It's even worse when the legislators who allegedly serve the people can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 01:55 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Other than a few people who benefit from the medicinal benefits of cannabis, no one is better of with it. People who take it for "recreation" obviously have something missing from their lives that they have to resort to using it. I wouldn't say they are bad people; I actually feel sorry for them. I get enough joy out of life that I don't need coping substances.
Safe to say then that you don't drink, use tobacco, eat sweets, etc?

Old 11-18-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
The marijuana decriminalization movement had major wins last week, be interesting to see how everything eventually shakes out.
It may well be a major loss if Sessions is confirmed as AG. The KKK on the other hand will likely be safe.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
This is an issue of constitutionality... Whether the government has the right to legislate abhorrent behavior.
And just WHO is it you believe has the right to define what "abhorrent behavior" actually is?

Old 11-18-2016, 02:06 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
There's no reason to attack the guy personally, he's entitled to his opinion. I just tried pot for the first time a few days ago and don't see what the fuss is about. I guess I would say you need to have a way to detect if people are driving stoned because driving was not something I was going to be doing though many in my workplace have and do. I suppose I can see the "con" argument there. If you can't detect instantly if someone is high, only if they've been high the last 30 days, that could be a problem.

Unfortunately these people who drive stoned could put the whole legalization movement in jeopardy if they don't stop it. Politicians will always be nanny state types first, clamping down on individual rights to protect everyone from everything, so I hope they can come up with a cheap, easy way to detect a stoned person. Even if being stoned doesn't directly cause the crash, it doesn't matter.. the way the system is set up the opportunists will come in and use it as ammo for their attack on legal marijuana.

In any case you shouldn't drive stoned, and if you do you're an irresponsible, inconsiderate person, same as if you drive on any other mind altering substance.
Why do we need something like that? Judge the individual by their driving habits. There already are laws and fines on the books for driving dangerously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies