Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 01:23 AM

176 posts, read 288,333 times

Advertisements

A lot of us are going. If you need a reason, look no further than the comments in this thread. The sexism is sickening and we've had it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 03:32 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Peaceful protest is a staple of American Democracy. Those who whine about it must hate democracy.
Really if a group of protesters marched against the Obama administration - the left would be whining about racism.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:07 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
I could understand the protesting IF the new president had actually done something to justify it. But he hasn't.

Right now they are just marching based on liberal hysteria, and if I had to bet, half of them don't even know what they're marching for. At least they'll get some much-needed exercise.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:14 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I could understand the protesting IF the new president had actually done something to justify it. But he hasn't.

Right now they are just marching based on liberal hysteria, and if I had to bet, half of them don't even know what they're marching for. At least they'll get some much-needed exercise.
That's the thing. Do they have any idea how completely irrational they look? It's embarrassing for me, as a woman. It makes women, as a group, look mentally weak. /SMH

Old 01-16-2017, 05:15 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post

I think most of it has to do with the "grabbing the p###y remark" and that it went unapologized for. It was overtaken by James Comey's possible second email investigation. What a blessing there for Trump because that issue was going poorly for him until it was derailed.

Many women felt really denigrated that a man who felt that way in this day and age would now be calling the shots.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:22 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by investorscooter View Post
No, this is actually quite simple: The Marchers are Marchers. The ones who sit on their butts and COMPLAIN about the Marchers are Whiners.
+1. As I have said several times before, if Trump voters/fans are so confident in Trump's abilities, why do they the need to start so many threads praising him and bashing Dems? They should be secure in the knowledge that he will prove all the naysayers wrong and do the best job of any president in history

Old 01-16-2017, 05:23 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I think most of it has to do with the "grabbing the p###y remark" and that it went unapologized for. It was overtaken by James Comey's possible second email investigation. What a blessing there for Trump because that issue was going poorly for him until it was derailed.

Many women felt really denigrated that a man who felt that way in this day and age would now be calling the shots.
Oh, for pete's sake. Women are marching over 'locker room' talk? How sheltered are they? Have you ever heard how women talk about men when none are present? It's just as vulgar. I know. I'm a woman.

Get over it and stop being 'micro-agressed' by every little thing, snowflakes.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:35 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times
Sorry, it was uncouth for Trump to talking about the p*** grabbing, however, how come the supposed "victim" didn't sue him at that time? How come it never made news?

Trump is not dumb. He won't grab anything if he knows there is high risk of being sued for potentially millions of dollars, plus reputation damage. I have nothing against women, and I believe the vast majority of women are self-respecting individuals, but the truth is there are always a small proportion who would let powerful and rich men like Trump to do anything, sometimes feeling satisfied for the attention. And there is a small proportion who can be bought at a certain price for allowing men like Trump to do that. Should I be called a misogynist for pointing it out?

And this is precisely what happened. And this is why only after so many years do these women come forward claiming to be victims in a presidential election, as if it suddenly matters now. The question is why not? And the answer is, there is no to GAIN. It was never about justice or indecency. It was always about what to gain.

If Trump did this and get away with it, it is because his victim let him. Don't whine now. Woman-up next time.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:38 AM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by investorscooter View Post
Women's March on Washington, with sister marches across the globe. If you're not a fan of women, read 'em and weep.

As for whining, not so much. The ones who are marching are NOT the whiners. We're the ones who get things done.

Maybe you had a mother. Maybe you were hatched. If the former, you should know women better. She went through **** to place you on the planet. Show some respect.
The member you were replying to, Informed Consent, is a woman.

Edit: Sorry IC, I didn't see your post stating same here at the current end of the thread until my post hit the end of the thread. I wasn't trying to be redundant.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:42 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
They have been promoting it on facebook but I highly doubt if any of my liberal friends would go. The traffic there is a nightmare on a regular day so imagine the plight of people during inauguration day & the day after. They should restrict these kind of events strictly to a separate public space like a park so that traffic runs as usual.
The federal government in Washington DC only closes on Inauguration Day or at least it did in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies