Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 07:55 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,340,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the bold, yes I did. I admit that I will have more prejudice and pre-judging of white people here on out, especially new ones that I meet.

I can admit a lot of my prejudices. And I doubt you look at Islam the same way I look at white supremacy. For me white supremacy ideology is something that does not permeate the thought processes of all white people. I also do believe that black people and other non-white persons in our country, also adhere to the concept of "white supremacy" in that they view white people as "better" than themselves and their demographic in some way.

I am not "anti-white." If I were, I would hate white people and align myself with black nationalists. Just as I despise white nationalists and do not understand your and other posters indifference and support of someone who aligns themselves with these sorts of people - I would NEVER align myself with any black nationalistic group as I feel they are just as horrible as a white nationalist. We are all people in my view and prior to so many of you aligning yourselves with indifference/support to racism, I felt that the majority of you felt the same. In my earlier post, I also stated, I still feel the majority of white people are not in support of nor are they indifferent to racism and xenophobia; however, I will do as you bolded above about new white people I meet until I get to know them very well.
You are actually pre-judging based on something IMMUTABLE, which is skin color. Religion is not immutable. The only religious affiliation that is arguably immutable in this world is Judaism, and that's because it's an ethno-religion. Islam is not. Muslims are Muslim by choice (well, those who can leave without fear of death, anyway). So you actually have a lot more to work through with your irrational fear of white people and white motivations than I do, because you're pre-judging on appearance. I pre-judge based on the religion that people voluntarily adopt and profess.

You see, Islam is to me, a supremacist ideology. It is written in the words of the Koran. It is preached by the most renown Mullahs of the religion and in PRACTICE, Islam shows that it is a supremacist ideology. The concept of dhimmitude is something you should look up, since it was implemented by Mohammed himself and exists in countless Muslim-majority countries (those where you can actually find minority religions anymore that haven't been outlawed out-right).

And unlike you, who pre-judge based on skin. I would welcome 10000 Christian or atheist Syrians in a heartbeat vs. 10000 Muslim Syrians. Same people. Same race. Different outcomes based on belief system. Because the former has always demonstrated better willingness to integrate, less chance for terror and more openness to social plurality and western norms. These are demonstrable facts, not opinions.

A woman in a hijab is more than likely to be religiously conservative and hold views against things that I support - such as gay rights, sexual freedom, liberated women and secularism. These cultural practices need to be discouraged. Not celebrated. It's a self-defeating, foolish thing for any liberal to welcome or call for more Islamization of our western countries.

It's like a black person welcoming white supremacists into their neighborhoods, and expecting things to turn out any differently than in the past.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 07:56 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,778,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Careful. Your hatred of white people is revealing itself.

BTW, how can you judge the KKK? Are you KKKphobic? Very intolerant of you. It's just their beliefs/religion.
No I am not afraid of the KKK. However, I don't support them and know the history they have as a group of being domestic terrorists.

That said, unlike yourself and Muslims, I don't believe all white Christian men are domestic terrorists; however, those who are a KKK member are domestic terrorist and white supremacists.

So you are a KKK supporter as well? I can say I'm not surprised.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:56 AM

7,302 posts, read 3,381,424 times
Quote:
Actually I am a rather blase person who is not over emotional. I am much more of an observant person and I think about the things around me and formulate an opinion based on the facts at hand.

What did you believe was emotional about my quotes other than that the election did show me that white Americans are still indifferent to civil rights?
To my standards, you write in an ill-thought out and over-emotional manner when you get upset. The result is a mash-up of words that ideas that no one here should be burdened with untangling.

Quote:
And how is advocating for the civil rights of other (social justice) a negative thing.
Your "civil rights" were given a generation ago. Your modern "civil rights" illogically continue to push a social line that the majority in this nation never agreed to. You ignore history in the process. You can frame something as "civil rights" agitation, but half of the nation as rightly come to see most of it as self interested racial rent seeking. You lack the moral and historical logic to know when to quit, and from where your actual power comes, and that will be your downfall.

Quote:
If you want to call me a social justice warrior, I have no problem with that. I don't mind being a warrior. I'm a good fighter. I also am not ignorant, nor am I uneducated and I know what words mean and how to formulate a sentence. I also know deflection and a poor debater when I see one.
You misuse a vocabulary word here, and rely on name calling for most of your arguments. You aren't a warrior, but a self-interested race agitator without a logical nor universally moral foundation.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:03 AM

7,302 posts, read 3,381,424 times
Quote:
I am not a liberal nor on the left.

Also am not trying to shame you, just trying to get you to accept the facts about yourself, and especially you as you are probably the most white nationalistic poster in the thread taking up for the KKK and all lol.

Since you don't think "xenophobia" is a real word I'll give you its definition from Merriam Webster:

fear or hatred of strangers or foreigners

Also the history of the word:

LOL, says the person who stated the red above about the KKK
You are on the far left. I'm "just trying to get you to accept the facts about yourself", to use your peculiar form of argument. When I say "peculiar", I'm being generous.

"taking up for the KKK and all"

Ignoring the "peculiar" vocabulary use, I will point out that you fail on reading comprehension.

Taking my statement for "taking up" for the KKK and all" just means that you are too willfully dishonest to argue with. And everyone can re-read my original post on the matter for verification:

//www.city-data.com/forum/46235549-post114.html

I'll take "you are probably the most white nationalistic poster on this thread" as a "deflection" (to use your vocabulary) that is meant to voice frustration with the fact that I don't concede to your immoral, hypocritical group self-interested views and I don't bow to your reliance on name calling. No problem.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:05 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,340,121 times
Quote:
No I am not afraid of the KKK. However, I don't support them and know the history they have as a group of being domestic terrorists.

That said, unlike yourself and Muslims, I don't believe all white Christian men are domestic terrorists; however, those who are a KKK member are domestic terrorist and white supremacists.

So you are a KKK supporter as well? I can say I'm not surprised.

But wait, not all KKK members are terrorists. Just a small portion of the whole of white nationalists ever resort to violence. Don't tar the whole ideology and group with the terrorist label.

(And lol, lady, the KKK would NOT accept or support me, because I certainly do not fit their mold!)

I'm just showing you that you are not being ideologically consistent. KKK-ism is at its core indistinguishable from Islam. Supremacy. One racial, one religious. Same goals. Even a shared hatred of Jewish people, written into the very heart of the ideology.

But, you give one a pass and denounce the other. I have no time for either. Society has already sidelined one, however, and the KKK's membership is a pale fraction of what it was. Islam, on the other hand, is the ONLY religion in the world that is growing and you still think liberal values are going to survive in the face of it.... despite ZERO empirical evidence that liberal values and Islam exist together anywhere in this world.

I heard the gay pride parade in Ramallah is fab-u-lous! A real explosion of tolerance.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Not all racist phrases connote an inferior/superior status. Some connote a group conspiracy or groups characteristics. See anti-Semitism. That you don't see the moral hazard here means that your political agitation, and those like you, is excessively dangerous to the social fabric of the nation. Perhaps leave the sociopolitical negotiations to minority individuals who are more perceptive than are you.

How this category is most often used is, indeed, meant to dismiss rural conservative voters because they don't know as much as liberals with college educations.

I've never seen their actual interests discussed in an article. Every liberal journalist dismisses them, as their interests are never discussed.

The 'economic man' Marxist theory is inserted as a replacement for discussing their issues. Liberal journalists do not interact with these voters to find out what their interests are, they merely decide what their interests are, mention that there is a decrease in the economy, and move on.

And now you have Trump. You can keep arguing against reality, but I'm not here to argue with you. I'm here to inform you of reality insofar as you are demonstrably and apparently intractably blind to it.

And there you go. Telling yourself, or taking the word of a liberal journalist, as to what their interests are. It "made perfect sense".

People like you are wrecking this nation for your own interests; blind to those around you. You're simply to selfish to empathize in a manner that is counter to your own interests.

You don't get to tell another group what their interests are or what they include and do not include, especially when your interests lie along differing lines along which you would hypocritically refuse other groups.
Sigh on the bold - racism is about perceived inferiority or superiority of one group of people over another based on race or ethnicity.

Anti-Semitism is basically being racist against Jews and is specific to Judaism.

I also am not arguing against reality. I am being a very real realist here in what I stated above about people who support and/or are indifferent to racism and xenophobia. Not sure how that is not being a realist. I am acknowledging that that is what many Americans, it seems, including yourself align yourselves with. I am being a realist in that I am letting you know that I am aware of that and that none of your excuses or "reasons" take away the facts above. I have no interest in being accepting of people who are racists and xenophobes or who are indifferent these concepts as I feel it is a detriment to our nation and moves us back as a country to a time period where ones physical characteristics were the basis of the opportunities afforded in this life.

I will also admit that I will never empathize with a racist. That is a foreign concept to me - to empathize with someone's ignorance. I am very non-accepting of ignorance in particular, this is another of my prejudices that I willfully admit. So if you want my empathy for your support and/or indifference to racism, you will not get it.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:13 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,528,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Yep, the concept of white privilege by no means implies that white people are racist. It's simply a statement of what invisible advantages in the limited scope of race by being white. It's up to the individual to decide what to do with it. There are many types of privilege in the U.S.: American, upperish class, white, male (and in a few cases, female), Christian, straight, cisgender, able-bodied, without a medical condition, and being a local, to name a few. People are generally narcissists though and don't care if they aren't affected and make lots of noise if they are.
The point is, the use of the phrase 'white privilege' IS racist.

There is class privilege, period. Anyone stating there is white privilege is simply a racist who doesn't want to even try to understand the connection between privilege, and social and economic standing.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
But wait, not all KKK members are terrorists. Just a small portion of the whole of white nationalists ever resort to violence. Don't tar the whole ideology and group with the terrorist label.

(And lol, lady, the KKK would NOT accept or support me, because I certainly do not fit their mold!)

I'm just showing you that you are not being ideologically consistent. KKK-ism is at its core indistinguishable from Islam. Supremacy. One racial, one religious. Same goals. Even a shared hatred of Jewish people, written into the very heart of the ideology.

But, you give one a pass and denounce the other. I have no time for either. Society has already sidelined one, however, and the KKK's membership is a pale fraction of what it was. Islam, on the other hand, is the ONLY religion in the world that is growing and you still think liberal values are going to survive in the face of it.... despite ZERO empirical evidence that liberal values and Islam exist together anywhere in this world.

I heard the gay pride parade in Ramallah is fab-u-lous! A real explosion of tolerance.
So the KKK is a religion to your consisting of all white Christians in America and the world at-large?

Not sure where you are pulling strings from. And I said historically the KKK were a domestic terrorist organization. I am being very ideologically consistent. The KKK is a group which supports and advocates for white nationalism. It is not a religion like Islam is a religion. One can be white and be in the KKK and be a Muslim unbeknownst to other KKK members!

I give no pass to Muslim terrorists BTW. I do believe there are specific nationalist sects of terror groups filled with Muslims, similar to the KKK. However, Islam as a whole is not a huge group of over a billion people who are terrorists out to kill America and the west. If that were the case we would have been killed off by now. Just like the KKK, in the past, attacked other white Christians in America, the Islamic terrorist groups attack other Muslims for one stupid excuse or another, primarily based in hate and their skewed view of how people should live and behave and who deserves to live or die. So I can concede that ISIS is like the KKK. But all Muslims are not like the KKK. Taking that stretch is what constitutes xenophobia.

One can also still be a terrorist without actually being violent BTW. So the KKK is still a terrorist group. Threatening violence in pursuit of a political ideology or race based ideology means someone is a terrorist.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:20 AM

20,622 posts, read 19,277,825 times
Quote:
So the KKK is a religion to your consisting of all white Christians in America and the world at-large?
What's wrong with the KKK? Who cares what it stands for? Maybe someone grew up in the KKK and its their culture. Sure it may have something in their rhetoric about stoning minority lovers , or beating people who eat soul food ...Even if it had something in there about 9 year old sex slaves...Who cares? Doesn't it at to vibrancy?

Old 11-18-2016, 08:25 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,528,391 times
Quote:
Yes, actually. In the Scandinavian countries, largely secular, women have all the opportunities of the majority of men in that society. As close as you'll probably ever get ignoring biological differences.

Also, EVERY SINGLE country in the EU, the US and Canada are very close to sex egalitarianism.

But that wasn't the question:

WHERE has Islam led to anything even CLOSE? Go ahead. Take your time. If you cannot judge a political ideology or a religion (which is politics + god) on it's ACTUAL, EMPIRICAL outcomes, then HOW DO YOU JUDGE IT?

Is your moral compass that broken, or is logical consistency just not in the cards you're trying to deal?

Nice try, but your labels don't work with me. I have rational basis for my opinions and you have done nothing to refute my points.

You see, I look at Islam the way people like you look at "white supremacy". So maybe I should say to you, "I get it, you're afraid of white people. (In fact, was it not you who said you "look at white people differently" after this election?)"

Just accept that you are an anti-white person, based on the tones of your posts.
You're correct that residinghere has either posted that she's 'lost trust' or 'no longer trusts', white people.

And I've come to the same conclusion that this is a poster who, regardless of the 'I've got white relatives' posts, is a racist and views the world based on what black writers said about it in the 1930's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies