Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 05:41 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
What a prophet you are.
I know, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 05:43 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Basically I am of the idea that a large percent of white people want to go back to their former "place" in American society. That they enjoy the idea of "equality" and "opportunity" but only if it is for them. They do not want to hear about anyone's issues but their own and were upset that Obama actually discussed these issues.
Looks like you missed the point of the election then. White people are tired of being scapegoated for the problems of all other communities in this country. We don't want supremacy, we don't want inferiority, we just want to "be".... We don't want to be blamed for the rise or fall of anyone else.
Quote:
On the red, do you identify with the things that Trump said about women,
Trump never made any broad generalizations about women that would earn him the title of "sexist" that the media so eagerly gave him. He made negative remarks about specific women that he didn't like.
Quote:
about ethnic minorities (in that the Mexican American judge cannot be impartial due to him being of Mexican descent

I didn't think it was unreasonable for him to question whether a Hispanic judge who belongs to a group la raza that advocates for illegal immigrants and gives them scholarships could be impartial to a presidential candidate who took an unprecedentedly tough stand on all things illegal immigration. If a black man were to question his guilty verdict, rendered by an all white jury and a white judge, would that be racist? Or would he at the very least have reasonable cause to at least question whether he was given a fair trial?
Quote:
and also about how black people live in "hell" and all of our kids go to "bad schools").

For years, all we've heard from the Left is how bad off people are in the black community, how impoverished inner cities are and how their schools get neglected because they are in a black community, and how cops don't do their jobs to keep black communities safe. Now that a Republican presidential candidate actually agrees and says he wants to do something about it, all of a sudden he's dead wrong? The black communities of our country are doing just fine? Gimme a break.
Quote:
I am disappointed in white Americas, that you can so easily believe that when someone says racist, xenophobic things and aligns themselves with white nationalists that you think it does not look poorly on you personally and are shocked that someone would call you a "racist." It should not be a shock and especially not so if you truly "identify" with the things above.
That's the difference in our two realities I guess. I do not agree that Trump said anything that was xenophobic or racist.
Quote:
So you ignored the racial rhetoric of the election?

If you did, why would you do so? IMO the only time people ignore racial rhetoric is because it doesn't affect them and they don't care about the people being attacked based on race or religion. They only care about their own "tribe" as mentioned above.
What racial rhetoric? There was none from my perspective.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 11-17-2016 at 05:54 PM..

Old 11-17-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
You do?
Did Mr. Soros fire Wombley?

Old 11-17-2016, 05:49 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,444,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Did Mr. Soros fire Wombley?
Yes. Now I'm taking over.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Poor babies. Need a group hug?

Nah.... we'll take an election instead.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Yes. Now I'm taking over.
That's good news. Now I expect a higher standard of posts commensurate with your more dignified username.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa Poor babies. Need a group hug?

Condescension is for winners, not losers, and your side of the political isle is a definite loser.

Republicans have their highest majorities since the 1920's. The GOP controls the House, The GOP controls the Senate, and now the GOP controls the White House. The GOP controls the vast majority of governorships, and state legislatures.

So keep on doubling down on whatever it is your doing. It's paying dividends for us.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Trump never made any broad generalizations about women that would earn him the title of "sexist" that the media so eagerly gave him. He made negative remarks about specific women that he didn't like.
Yeah, as far as I know he's never made a single disparaging remark about women in general. The guy has spent his whole life trying (very successfully) to impress and attract high quality women. To call him a misogynist makes a joke of that term. He obviously loves the ladies.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
On the bold, as a black person, I will honestly say that for me, that white people have always had tribalism. The success of the climax of the CRM, which occurred only because of assassinations of JFK, RFK, and MLK, were basically a jab at the more violent tribalism of white America.

I have been thinking on the election from an historical perspective and as it relates to our present time. I have also discussed the election and the views of which I am about to share with my white friends/family and have spoken to a lot of my black friends/family about it.

Basically I am of the idea that a large percent of white people want to go back to their former "place" in American society. That they enjoy the idea of "equality" and "opportunity" but only if it is for them. They do not want to hear about anyone's issues but their own and were upset that Obama actually discussed these issues.
On the contrary, few white people over the past 50 years have even thought about having their own racial group interests. They have been ready to move beyond that and build a colorblind society but folks like you have made it impossible.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:33 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,433,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I believe the concern was that the Hispanic judge would not be impartial, given his ethnic affinity and Trump's (out of context) "attacks" on "Latinos"..... I don't think he stated the judge was inferior on account of being Mexican heritage.

But, in the world that progressives (were) helping to bring about, his "concern" - admittedly silly - is only a natural extension of the progressive race theories that dictate outcomes based on race. What you can wear, what you can eat, the media you are allowed to consume and the experiences you have.... all through the prism of race.

His comment was basically the end-game of an identity politics **** show that the leftists have been putting on for a few years now. Through that prism, he was right. So why so upset?
I don't think it had anything to do with race or racism.

It was purely a legal tactic to get someone he perceived as a less than favorable judge to recuse himself so he could get a more favorable judge.

I'm not familiar with the judge, but I'm quite sure Trumps lawyers were and decided they would fare better with someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies