Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 07:53 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times

Advertisements

...fake-news writer says he makes over $10,000 per month, and thinks he helped get Donald Trump elected

38-year-old Paul Horner, who runs a network of viral fake-news site (he calls them satire), has been making a living off the practice for years. And he's big. He says he makes $10,000 per month from Google's AdSense alone, the source of most of his revenue.

But Horner says that with the rise of Trump, fake news has reached a whole new level.
"It's real scary," he told The Washington Post. "I've never seen anything like it."

"My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time," Horner continued. "I think Trump is in the White House because of me. His followers don't fact-check anything — they'll post everything, believe anything. His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist."

This fake-news writer says he makes over $10,000 per month, and thinks he helped get Donald Trump elected - AOL News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 10:10 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Prime example of fake news
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-planning-to/

Trump claimed almost this same thing during the campaign--that Ford WAS moving production to Mexico...and Ford denied it as a lie...but few media sources picked up the story that Trump was lying...lying because Ford sent him a statement saying it was a lie that he ignored.
Now that he is president-elect, Trump is taking credit for the plant staying in the US when it NEVER was going to Mexico in first place...
Trump did nothing but lie both times...

Tell a lie often enough and people will believe It is the truth...

Old 11-17-2016, 10:45 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...fake-news writer says he makes over $10,000 per month, and thinks he helped get Donald Trump elected

38-year-old Paul Horner, who runs a network of viral fake-news site (he calls them satire), has been making a living off the practice for years. And he's big. He says he makes $10,000 per month from Google's AdSense alone, the source of most of his revenue.

But Horner says that with the rise of Trump, fake news has reached a whole new level.
"It's real scary," he told The Washington Post. "I've never seen anything like it."

"My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time," Horner continued. "I think Trump is in the White House because of me. His followers don't fact-check anything — they'll post everything, believe anything. His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist."

This fake-news writer says he makes over $10,000 per month, and thinks he helped get Donald Trump elected - AOL News
Huffington POS.. Sold for how much again?

Old 11-17-2016, 10:48 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
GOP’s shady “news” websites: Republicans get into the propaganda game
Wow, about time too! The Dems have had a monopoly on all of that for decades now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies