Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2017, 07:16 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times

Advertisements

Start with lie #1 on Day 1:

"The crowd was unbelievable today. I looked at the rain, which just never came, you know, we finished the speech, went inside, it poured then we came outside...".

It rained as Trump Trump began his inauguration speech.

This was to be an indication on how petty Trump is. To him, his inauguration could be nothing but perfect in every aspect, so he warps reality and recants that it was perfect. Even though it rained as he started to speak as photos and television show that it was raining. And the crowd that was there, that did not stretch all the way down to the Washington Monument (lie #2, in which Trump said it did stretch that far), and testify they did get wet and the crowd size was no where near what Trump claimed it was. Never mind actual video of George W. Bush struggling with a rain poncho during the speech or pictures of the crowd size reaching only about half way to the Washington Monument.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:18 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,237 times

Old 09-06-2017, 07:18 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
What happened to all of the DAY 1 promises ?

Old 09-06-2017, 07:21 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Lies by a president do indeed do a lot of damage. They gave us Trump.

Well said and so true pknopp.

Trump does tell some tall tales but I can't get Obama's biggest lie out of my head. "If you like your Doctor you can keep your Doctor" and the follow up "the average family will save $2500" . It is his big lie about healthcare that gave us the failing Obamacare.

He also lied to all the illegal immigrants that risked their very lives to get to America and not to mention DACA which was a way to kick the problem can of illegal immigration down the road for Hillary to deal with and grant them amnesty while defying federal immigration laws.
I wonder just how deceived these people feel today that they were given the Ok to break the law and now they have to face the consequences?

Of course the biggest lie from Obama was that the Iran Nuke deal was the best. If it was such a good thing why did they have to fly in hundreds of millions of folding money in the dead of night?
Bill Clinton messed up when he did a similar deal with North Korea and now we have a huge problem there. How many years will it be before Iran has a nuke pointed at Israel ?

The point is that all Presidents lie. All politicians lie. The only difference is that some get a pass by the media and others get hammered.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:26 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well said and so true pknopp.

Trump does tell some tall tales but I can't get Obama's biggest lie out of my head. "If you like your Doctor you can keep your Doctor" and the follow up "the average family will save $2500" . It is his big lie about healthcare that gave us the failing Obamacare.

He also lied to all the illegal immigrants that risked their very lives to get to America and not to mention DACA which was a way to kick the problem can of illegal immigration down the road for Hillary to deal with and grant them amnesty while defying federal immigration laws.
I wonder just how deceived these people feel today that they were given the Ok to break the law and now they have to face the consequences?

Of course the biggest lie from Obama was that the Iran Nuke deal was the best. If it was such a good thing why did they have to fly in hundreds of millions of folding money in the dead of night?
Bill Clinton messed up when he did a similar deal with North Korea and now we have a huge problem there. How many years will it be before Iran has a nuke pointed at Israel ?

The point is that all Presidents lie. All politicians lie. The only difference is that some get a pass by the media and others get hammered.
It was their money to start with. Yes, doing it under the cover of darkness was a pretty stupid thing to do though.

Just be honest.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:28 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Anyone who believes Trump isn't throwing out lies is a fool.

I didn't support or vote for him because I believed his campaign promises were only made in order to get elected. It's what people wanted to hear. I view him as a serial liar.
you must be blind because he has fulfilled a lot of campaign promises and is on track for more.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:32 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
you must be blind because he has fulfilled a lot of campaign promises and is on track for more.
This does not mean he is not lying. And at a record pace.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:35 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Not really. Not all of it is his fault that he hasn't but he's mostly only created bigger messes. I'm actually OK with that. I may not be in a solution to things down the road if there ever are any, but I don't really have an issue with Trump exposing the messes that were already there.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:36 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Anyone who believes Trump isn't throwing out lies is a fool.

I didn't support or vote for him because I believed his campaign promises were only made in order to get elected. It's what people wanted to hear. I view him as a serial liar.
Agree on all counts.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:37 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:

You must be blind because he has fulfilled a lot of campaign promises and is on track for more.

Such as?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies