Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2017, 03:54 PM

16,757 posts, read 8,170,329 times

Advertisements

So the DOJ has come out and said that they did not authorize those leaked emails.

POTUS must have someone inside doing his dirty work. Maybe one of Giuliani's boys from the NY office again.

POTUS lying away all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 04:15 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,040,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Why are you asking me this question? I have not absolved Obama of any lies or mistruths. You are changing the topic, utilizing the "whataboutisms" to obfuscate and create misdirection (look over here! Not here!).

The thread topic isn't "Obama never told a lie! Trump tells lies!". No, it's a comparison.

And while it might not feel great to say "my guy lies less", you really do need to look at the amount of lies Trump tells and the degree to which he lies and makes up things with impunity. Obama was certainly not a perfect leader - he made mistakes, some major. But is he a compulsive liar?

The scorecards answer this - they are literally inverses of one another...or, in other words:

Trump lies as often as Obama was found to tell the truth (a lot);
Trump tells the truth about as often as Obama lies (not that much)

Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact

Barack Obama's file | PolitiFact

Nuance does matter in real life. I'd rather have someone in power that lies less than one who lies more.
Does the lie not matter?

If every morning a president says he had pancakes when he had eggs is that worse than the president who makes a big campaign promise but then does t he exact opposite? (Just a general point)

Old 12-15-2017, 04:16 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,763,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
Trump's lies vs Obama's

After the Times published a list of Trump's lies this summer, some of his supporters demanded the publication compare Trump to other presidents. They opted to start with the most recent former president.

Trump's documented lies in 10 months: 103
Obama's documented lies in 8 years: 18

Wow really?

You can keep your doctor!
You can keep your plan!
Your family will save $2500 a year under ACA!
There will be a million shovel ready jobs!
The $8T deficit is unpatriotic!

That's five just off the top of my head!!! You honestly believe Obama lied just 18 times in 8 years?

And from the NYT???

Wow, The craziness in here is now officially off the charts.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:19 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,885,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Does the lie not matter?

If every morning a president says he had pancakes when he had eggs is that worse than the president who makes a big campaign promise but then does t he exact opposite? (Just a general point)
Of course it matters.

But Trump's lies have not been small, either. Nor have those large lies been infrequent.

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 12-15-2017 at 05:02 PM..

Old 12-15-2017, 04:20 PM

88,760 posts, read 44,561,469 times
Quote:
Why are you asking me this question? I have not absolved Obama of any lies or mistruths. You are changing the topic, utilizing the "whataboutisms" to obfuscate and create misdirection (look over here! Not here!).
No, I am not. You classified Obama's 3,000% reduction in premium price statement as just an "incorrect projection" instead of the outright lie it was.

For example, explain to us all what a 3,000% reduction of a $5,000 price would be.

You see, Obama absolutely depended on the sheer stupidity of his supporters. /SMH

Old 12-15-2017, 04:43 PM

144 posts, read 94,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, I am not. You classified Obama's 3,000% reduction in premium price statement as just an "incorrect projection" instead of the outright lie it was.

For example, explain to us all what a 3,000% reduction of a $5,000 price would be.

You see, Obama absolutely depended on the sheer stupidity of his supporters. /SMH
So there's this phrase "as much as". I'll type it again - "AS MUCH AS"
here, since trump supporters might be ignorant instead of evil I'll try again

"A S

M U C H

A S"

The ACA was a wobbly step forward towards civilized heath-care in the United State.

The repubs have done nothing to improve on that, and now with their tax plan to reward their donors, they are killing our wobbly first step.

P.S. If it wasn't clear, President Obama meant to say that premiums would drop by as much as 3000 dollars.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/will-he...ower-premiums/

Quote:
A White House press spokesman later said the president misspoke; he had meant to say annual premiums would drop by $3,000.
And yes, that spokesman made an idiotic statement as the truth was that premiums could drop by as much as 3000 dollars.

Again, a wobbly first step towards civilized health-care.

Last edited by tennis-fan; 12-15-2017 at 05:14 PM..

Old 12-15-2017, 04:57 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,885,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

I never did such a thing. What are you talking about? You might want to re-read my post again.

Nice attempt at a "snipe" there, too . You might want to tighten up on that reading comprehension before leveling attacks on other's intelligence.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:13 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,040,844 times
Quote:
Of course it matters.

But Trump's lies have not been small, either. Nor have those large lies been infrequent.
I wouldn't disagree. I just wanted to clear that up.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:16 PM

26,335 posts, read 14,939,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
Trump's lies vs Obama's

After the Times published a list of Trump's lies this summer, some of his supporters demanded the publication compare Trump to other presidents. They opted to start with the most recent former president.

Trump's documented lies in 10 months: 103
Obama's documented lies in 8 years: 18
The NY Times is lying about Obama having only 18 lies. I am not shocked.

With that said...Trump needs to stop lying.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:54 PM

16,757 posts, read 8,170,329 times
Really funny, POTUS, Staff and Cabinet, along with some of the GOP are now using the Bill Clinton defense. No longer attacking the issue. They are now attacking the prosecutor.

So POTUS is dirty and so are members of staff and Cabinet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies