Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2018, 04:18 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

Trump is going after Amazon and Jeff Bezos.

'The stores are all gone': Trump continues raging at Amazon in White House meeting

Trump draws blood in feud with Amazon, Washington Post

‘It’s war’: Trump reportedly seeking ways to hurt Amazon

If Trump Declares War On Amazon, Consumers Will Be Among The Casualties

If this isn't abuse of power, hard to say what would be.

https://twitter.com/RWPUSA/status/980871920223707141

Old 04-03-2018, 05:05 PM

Trump reminds me of a guy I supervised years ago. If it wasn't one thing, it was another.

He was on so many Personal Improvement Plans that he had an improvement plan for his improvement plans.

One day, I realized that I was working harder than he was to help him keep his job. So I asked him what in the world was going on.

Turns out, he wanted to get fired. He couldn't quit as he wouldn't get Unemployment benefits.

Trump reminds of that guy. One outrageous thing after another.

I'm thinking he can't quit, so he's trying to get fired.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:25 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Poor progressives, Trump's views on Amazon mirror those of Bernie Sanders, Liz Warren and Cory Booker. They're so confused, they don't know what to do. Fun to watch them squirm.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:32 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,220,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump reminds me of a guy I supervised years ago. If it wasn't one thing, it was another.

He was on so many Personal Improvement Plans that he had an improvement plan for his improvement plans.

One day, I realized that I was working harder than he was to help him keep his job. So I asked him what in the world was going on.

Turns out, he wanted to get fired. He couldn't quit as he wouldn't get Unemployment benefits.

Trump reminds of that guy. One outrageous thing after another.

I'm thinking he can't quit, so he's trying to get fired.
It seems to be true that managers spend 90% of their time with a very few "problem" employees.

We, the American people, need to work with Trump and "fire" this guy!

Old 04-03-2018, 07:33 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Embrace the word Trumpistas..... What's wrong with being his loyal militia?

Old 04-03-2018, 08:17 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,646,246 times
So, this morning, during his press conference the President said "'We're going to be guarding our border with the military'

Apparently, the President's announcement about "sending the military" came as a surprise to Jim Mattis and the President's national security staff. They had to sit down with him and explain that, no, he couldn't just make a command decision to divert the entire military to the border with tanks and guns ablazing. There are Federal laws about that sort of thing. He could, however, send National Guard troops in a support role for the Border Patrol, just as Obama and Bush did during their administrations.

So, the WH has had to clarify what the President meant yet again tonight. And, yep, what the President apparently *meant* to say was "I'm sending the National Guard" not "I'm sending the military to defend our borders."

In fairness, the National Guard is part of the Military. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one: maybe he just forgot to mention which branch he was deploying.

He did, however, stretch the truth about how much of a crisis this is, at least according to the Border Patrol's own numbers.

Trump Will Send National Guard Troops to Border

The White House said Tuesday night that President Trump planned to deploy the National Guard to the southern border.

While the president couched his idea as an urgent response to an onslaught at the nation’s southern border, the numbers do not point to a crisis. Last year, the number of illegal immigrants caught at the border was the lowest since 1971, said the United States Border Patrol.

After the president’s remarks, White House aides struggled for hours to decipher his intentions.

Late in the day, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary, said Mr. Trump had met with Jim Mattis, the secretary of defense, and members of the national security team to discuss his administration’s strategy.

That strategy, she said, included mobilizing the National Guard — though Ms. Sanders did not say how many troops would be sent or when.

Last edited by RosieSD; 04-03-2018 at 08:26 PM..

Old 04-03-2018, 08:52 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
The POTUS current tweeting looks like it has been caused by the WAPO story about Mueller currently investigating POTUS.

The right are only seeing 1 part of the story, they are missing that being investigated is the lead to being the target of the investigation.

The noose is tightening.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:00 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
I just gotta say, he often displays THIS look, being the face of a sneaky, outwardly deplorable cheat. I wouldn't trust a face like this anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
***Trump Lies***-image.jpeg  

Old 04-04-2018, 05:24 AM

Infrastructure Week seems to have hit a wall.

Trump's Infrastructure Advisor resigns.

https://twitter.com/MalShelbourne/st...65345343315971

Old 04-04-2018, 06:42 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
POTUS is really showing just how nutty he is. Tax cut for the wealthy, spending like a drunk on a binge, not protecting the nation from cyber attacks, an infrastructure plan which has no way of moving forward, ripping us off every weekend to play golf.

Today he is lying to everyone about his trade war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies