Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 09:41 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,201,315 times

Advertisements

I heard Gingrich is out. So sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 09:41 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I told you he was gonna fill his administration up with establishment and neocon types.
Name one, because so far, there aren't any.

See this thread...

When Obama Named His Cabinet Picks After 2008 Election

...so you can keep score.

And David Axelrod, President Obama’s chief strategist, tweeted Thursday that the Trump campaign isn’t behind at all:
We hadn't made any major appointments at this point in 2008. I don't remember being criticized for it. https://t.co/3yXvA8g6bL
— David Axelrod (@davidaxelrod) November 17, 2016

Quote:
For all of the yodelers in the media and on CD about the lack of speed of Trump's picks which to you and the media means chaos, Obama was elected November 4, 2008. Here's when he made his big picks. Remember anyone complaining about him dribbling them out and how it meant chaos? Remember anyone whining that he didn't make his cabinet picks quick enough? Yeah, me neither.

Announced November 6, 2008

Chief of Staff

Announced November 22, 2008

Press Secretary

Announced November 28, 2008

Secretary of The Treasury

Announced December 1, 2008:

Secretary of State
Attorney General
Secretary of Homeland Security
Secretary of Defense
US Ambassador to the UN

Announced December 7, 2008:

Secretary of Veterans Affairs

Announced December 13, 2008:

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development

Announced December 15, 2008:

Secretary of Energy
Administer of the EPA

Announced December 16, 2008:

Secretary of Education

Announced December 17, 2008:

Secretary of The Interior
Secretary of Agriculture

Announced December 19, 2008:

Secretary of Labor
Secretary of Transportation

Announced February 25, 2009:

Secretary of Commerce

Announced February 28, 2009:

Secretary of Health and Human Services

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presid...f_Barack_Obama

You may recall a problem with some being tax reported/paid handicapped like Geithner and all of the ones for Health and Human Services before Sebeilius.

Old 11-17-2016, 09:44 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I told you he was gonna fill his administration up with establishment and neocon types.
We will have to how it plays out. But no matter who gets the job, Liberals will protest every appointment.

Polse, Reid are slithering out the swamp, thank god!

news Flash" Conservatives Won!"

Old 11-17-2016, 09:48 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The majority of his stated promises are completely unachievable. A good example is term limits for congress. Basically lots of promises. And the people he has been looking at for positions is a who's who of corruption, with a hefty dose of nepotism. He's probably just been told he cant hire his relatives, and is finding ways to put them into power without any obvious pay.

Seriously.....I want to give the guy a chance, but he keeps acting in ways that tell me that him being president will....present learning opportunities for us as a country.
If only you'd had the same scrutiny for the last guy, whom you voted for twice.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:00 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I heard Gingrich is out. So sad.
Good, he's part of the swamp

Old 11-17-2016, 10:00 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The majority of his stated promises are completely unachievable. A good example is term limits for congress. Basically lots of promises. And the people he has been looking at for positions is a who's who of corruption, with a hefty dose of nepotism. He's probably just been told he cant hire his relatives, and is finding ways to put them into power without any obvious pay.

Seriously.....I want to give the guy a chance, but he keeps acting in ways that tell me that him being president will....present learning opportunities for us as a country.
Maybe people on the left will learn to not jump to conclusions based on nothing. Maybe rioters will learn that damaging people's property won't gain them any support. Maybe people will learn to not cry and have panic attacks over an election.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:05 AM

2,015 posts, read 1,647,276 times
its ashame, I agree about 'draining the swamp' Ive been saying it for decades.we have a government that is loyal only to corporate interests.this is why I dont vote never have and never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies