Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2016, 12:09 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times

Advertisements

Tillerson will now get extremely rich through government power. This Trump swamp is crony capitalism on stereoids.

Old 12-10-2016, 12:09 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
uh,. don't know about this. Hope it is not true
NBC is claiming it's a done deal.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnbc....?client=safari

Old 12-10-2016, 12:10 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Silly me, I thought that you might read the entire article. I could have cherry picked it to post only members of the team that are lobbyists or insiders, and I will do that now.

Mathew Freedman - LOBBYIST
Cindy Hayden - LOBBYIST
Jim Carafano - Heritage Foundation VP
Ronald Burgess - Busch Deputy DNI
David Malpass - worked for Busch, Reagan, Bear Sterns
Mike McKenna - LOBBYING firm president (MWR Strategies)
Steve Hart - LOBBYING firm chairman (Williams & Jensen)
Ed Meese - worked for Reagan
K.C. James - former senior VP of Family Research Council LOBBYING firm
Ado Machida - LOBBYIST who also worked for Dole and Cheney
Andrew Bremberg - worked for Mitch McConnell, Mitt Romney, and at Dept. of HHS
Danielle Cutrona - worked for Sen. Sessions
Jim Carter - LOBBYIST
Bill Chatfield - LOBBYIST
Michael Cantanzaro - partner at LOBBYING firm, worked for Boehner
Brian Johnson - works for the House Financial Services Committee
Martin Whitmer - LOBBYING firm chairman (Whitmer & Worrall)
Gerard Robinson - resident fellow at American Enterprise Institute (20 staff members served in the Busch administration).

If you're going to Washington better bring your hip boots, as the Liar-in-Chief is flooding the swamp.
Silly me, I thought you were going to show me where cabinet members were going to be cut, then you just show me a bunch of lobbyist names and then blame me because you cannot even follow your own posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee
Well, it appears the left has no clue what draining the swamp means....

Draining the swamp means getting ride of people who have been in CONGRESS (governmental agencies) for many many years....

You know, drain the swamp "unlike" peoplsi did.....

You can make up any definition that pleases you, but your candidate said that he would drain the swamp in WASHINGTON, which includes Cabinet appointees.

Stand by for another wave of trickle-up economics, when the Hypocrite-in-Chief and his pals will see their incomes rise 300%.

But hey, you got a red hat.
And I did not make up the definition, your buddy did...

Old 12-10-2016, 12:18 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Good!!

Old 12-10-2016, 12:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
I disagree with Trump and think he is a hypocrite for his criticism of crony capitalism under a Clinton administration, yet of his potential appointees, 12 monetarily supported his campaign.

That said, I do think that Trump putting Linda McMahon (one of those 12 monetary supporters of Trump) in charge of the SBA, is a good move. See, I'm being fair to Trump.

Old 12-10-2016, 12:22 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Silly me, I thought that you might read the entire article. I could have cherry picked it to post only members of the team that are lobbyists or insiders, and I will do that now.

Mathew Freedman - LOBBYIST
Cindy Hayden - LOBBYIST
Jim Carafano - Heritage Foundation VP
Ronald Burgess - Busch Deputy DNI
David Malpass - worked for Busch, Reagan, Bear Sterns
Mike McKenna - LOBBYING firm president (MWR Strategies)
Steve Hart - LOBBYING firm chairman (Williams & Jensen)
Ed Meese - worked for Reagan
K.C. James - former senior VP of Family Research Council LOBBYING firm
Ado Machida - LOBBYIST who also worked for Dole and Cheney
Andrew Bremberg - worked for Mitch McConnell, Mitt Romney, and at Dept. of HHS
Danielle Cutrona - worked for Sen. Sessions
Jim Carter - LOBBYIST
Bill Chatfield - LOBBYIST
Michael Cantanzaro - partner at LOBBYING firm, worked for Boehner
Brian Johnson - works for the House Financial Services Committee
Martin Whitmer - LOBBYING firm chairman (Whitmer & Worrall)
Gerard Robinson - resident fellow at American Enterprise Institute (20 staff members served in the Busch administration).

If you're going to Washington better bring your hip boots, as the Liar-in-Chief is flooding the swamp.
SO, once again, I took the first name from your list (added another T to his first name) and found he is no longer anywhere near trump...

Quote:
Matthew Freedman, who was leading the group’s planning for the White House National Security Council, also departed.
Pence Takes Reins as Trump Transition Team Is Shuffled - WSJ

Old 12-10-2016, 12:33 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Good!!
And I suppose you think the choice of John Bolton as Deputy SoS is good too? https://www.thestreet.com/story/1392...-of-state.html

Old 12-10-2016, 01:18 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,694,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did not have to read past the bold part, you blew your own statement.....since when are lobbyist and washingtion insiders appointed by congress or considered "cabinet" members, which is clearly what we are talking about....
Since you asked...

The President will make approximately 4,000 appointments, and 1,212 of these will require Senate confirmation. Many of these appointees will be former lobbyists or Washington and Wall Street insiders, as evidenced by the makeup of the current transition team and several of his Cabinet appointments.

I was confident that you knew the background of most, if not all, of the Cabinet appointees. I posted the link (and then a partial list of transition team members) to provide additional proof that The Donald went back on his word to his supporters.

This man will say or do anything to achieve a desired outcome. His lack of character is enough to disqualify him from the holding highest post in the land.

Old 12-10-2016, 01:22 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,694,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
SO, once again, I took the first name from your list (added another T to his first name) and found he is no longer anywhere near trump...

Pence Takes Reins as Trump Transition Team Is Shuffled - WSJ
Yet Trump hired him.

Who knows why he left the transition team. Maybe he got peeved (like Rudy) when he learned that he wouldn't get the appointment that he desired. Or maybe he balked at signing an NDA.

But trump did hire him and all the rest on the list.

ETA: Just read that everyone who was picked by Gov. Christie was removed from the team, which included Freedman.

Last edited by JustPassinThru; 12-10-2016 at 01:46 PM..

Old 12-10-2016, 02:29 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
yes because we all know it's a great idea to turn the leadership of this nation over to the fossil fuel industry. What could possibly go wrong!
friendship with putin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies