Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2016, 02:31 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
friendship with putin
true...

Old 12-10-2016, 02:39 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,255,733 times
The right surely worked themselves into a lather over Hillary's so called "pay to play" practice while she headed the State Department. It seems only reasonable that they would call out Trump for his own "pay to play" turnstyle he is operating to fill his cabinet and other key appointments: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2d2a1690b1b8.

Unless perhaps, it doesn't matter when the orange man does it?

Old 12-10-2016, 02:49 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Yet Trump hired him.

Who knows why he left the transition team. Maybe he got peeved (like Rudy) when he learned that he wouldn't get the appointment that he desired. Or maybe he balked at signing an NDA.

But trump did hire him and all the rest on the list.

ETA: Just read that everyone who was picked by Gov. Christie was removed from the team, which included Freedman.
So, your link from the 19th of November (maybe the 16th) and this guy is already gone....in a matter of less than 10 days, he was hired and fired....

Old 12-10-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
President Barack Obama was caught on microphone telling Dmitry Medvedev that he would have more flexibility after November's election to deal with contentious issues such as missile defence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
friendship with putin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
true...
Yes, obama did....

Quote:
Mr Medvedev, who steps down in May, said he would pass on Mr Obama's message to his successor Vladimir Putin, according to an audio recording of comments the two leaders made during a meeting in Seoul, South Korea.

Old 12-10-2016, 03:01 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
The right surely worked themselves into a lather over Hillary's so called "pay to play" practice while she headed the State Department. It seems only reasonable that they would call out Trump for his own "pay to play" turnstyle he is operating to fill his cabinet and other key appointments: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2d2a1690b1b8.

Unless perhaps, it doesn't matter when the orange man does it?
It is like a sports team, when your team does it, it isn't cheating but when the other team does it, it is. It is like Boston Red Sox fans complaining about New York Yankees spending all that money for players, yet that is what exactly the Sox do...

Old 12-10-2016, 03:06 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,694,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, your link from the 19th of November (maybe the 16th) and this guy is already gone....in a matter of less than 10 days, he was hired and fired....
Trump's SIL - Jared Kushner - wasted no time in getting Chris Christie and friends removed from the transition team. This was after he helped to remove the Governor from consideration as VP.

CBS News: Trump’s Son-In-Law Helped To Oust Christie As Running Mate « CBS Philly

Old 12-10-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Trump's SIL - Jared Kushner - wasted no time in getting Chris Christie and friends removed from the transition team. This was after he helped to remove the Governor from consideration as VP.

CBS News: Trump’s Son-In-Law Helped To Oust Christie As Running Mate « CBS Philly
Why do you continue to bring stuff up that is 20+ days old?

You point us useless....you said trump was going to drain the swamp including cabinet members...

You have yet to show me nor anyone else this....anywhere...

Old 12-10-2016, 03:21 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,694,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why do you continue to bring stuff up that is 20+ days old?

You point us useless....you said trump was going to drain the swamp including cabinet members...

You have yet to show me nor anyone else this....anywhere...
Throughout the campaign The Donald said that he would drain the swamp in Washington, that he would see legislation passed that would restrain lobbyists from having an influence in government.

He now has a transition team loaded with lobbyists and insiders, and several Wall Street insiders appointed to his Cabinet.

Please remember, it was your hero who said this - not me.

I guess that, in your mind, the Cabinet members are resting safely on an island, so they would not be affected when Donald drains the swamp.

If reading something that is 20 days old bothers you so, I can only imagine how you feel about history. Some of that stuff is really old.

Old 12-10-2016, 03:29 PM

568 posts, read 962,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Drain the swamp by putting millionaire CEO's into government positions....

Trump voters.

So we got a brain dead neurosurgeon, a carnie owner, and now an owner of fast food franchises. His cabinet reads like people he knows offhand vs vetting people who are right for the job. Inwonder if Papa John was considered for this position?

Everyone in Trump's cabinet has spent their entire lives enriching themselves at the expense of others. He'll hide some of the damage his administration does if he pushes through a large infrastructure package, but once those projects are finished, it will look like scorched earth and the Dems, once again, will be left to clean up the mess.

Education secretary who is doesn't like public education, EPA head who is a climate change denier, small business administration leader who knows nothing about small businesses, CEO who fights labor rights in charge of the department of labor.

Amazing.
The Trump working class voters are in for a rude
awakening.. The Trump donors will get richer and become billionaires instead of staying millionaires. LOL

Old 12-10-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Throughout the campaign The Donald said that he would drain the swamp in Washington, that he would see legislation passed that would restrain lobbyists from having an influence in government.
If a person becomes a cabinet member, are they still considered a lobbyist? See how easy it is to play the leftist word game?
ORRRRRRRRRRRRRr, are there still lobbyist out there?

Quote:
He now has a transition team loaded with lobbyists and insiders, and several Wall Street insiders appointed to his Cabinet.
The first name I Picked from the list you provided was gone 6 days after he was elected president and you are hanging on that...why?

Quote:
Please remember, it was your hero who said this - not me.
WHat, drain the swamp? No pelosi is not my hero, she maybe the left's and yours but not mine...

Quote:
I guess that, in your mind, the Cabinet members are resting safely on an island, so they would not be affected when Donald drains the swamp.
You are the one who said he was going to drain cabinet members, not me.....

Quote:
If reading something that is 20 days old bothers you so, I can only imagine how you feel about history. Some of that stuff is really old.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, bbbbbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyy

You got me there....except the history in your story lasted a total of 6 days, period end of story.

Then you continue to say he is stacking the deck....well, you have yet to prove that....unless you look at old news...then you maybe right.....but long ago, the news was, the world was flat....

Listen, we can go back and forth all day long, you've interpenetrated me wrong and I have interpenetrated you wrong.

Can we agree on that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies