Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2016, 06:47 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Being smart and informed is not a crime, or a bad thing. It doesn't guarantee victory in political seats either. Nor does being right. But it does help you. You should try it.

Opinions based on propaganda and falsehoods don't impress anyone either.
While I wish that last part was true it obviously isn't...
Trump's supporters are OVERWHELMINGLY the sector believing in faux news, Russian-provoked propaganda, and those stories out of Macedonia made up solely to make money for the creators who only chose anti-Clinton topics (made-up out of air) because they got more clicks on Facebook...the guys creating those stories said that they tried making up pro-Dem/anti-Trump click bait but it just never went anywhere so there was no money in it and they stopped...
Trump supporters apparently have an unlimited capacity to believe lies, spoofs, irrational pronouncements with NO basis in fact like they are as valid and undeniable as the chemical formula for salt...
Not that most of them could tell you that NaCl = salt....

The greatest gift Alexander Hamilton could give us is for the Electoral College to actually do its job and for those electors to see the insanity and danger in a Trump presidency and refuse to give him 270....
I doubt it will happen but right now it would be a gift from the gods...

Old 12-17-2016, 07:00 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Being smart and informed is not a crime, or a bad thing. It doesn't guarantee victory in political seats either. Nor does being right. But it does help you. You should try it.

Opinions based on propaganda and falsehoods don't impress anyone either.
OK genius, who did YOU vote for?

Hillary? Sanders? Not 1 single "falsehood" said by eithe rof them you probably believe!

I just love how NOW all of a sudden some on the left are AGAINST what the dems have been doing for years!

They didn't care then bit NOW it is important!

Old 12-17-2016, 07:26 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Direct quotes from a video of Trump on his victory tour:

Trump on the Republican primary system being rigged in May, as he secured the party’s nomination: "You’ve been hearing me say it’s a rigged system. But now I don’t say it anymore because I won. Okay? It’s true. You know, now I don’t care."

Trump on his promise to prosecute Hillary Clinton and "lock her up": "Forget it. That plays great before the election. Now we don’t care, right?"

Trump on his slogan to "drain the swamp": "Funny how that term caught on, isn’t it? I tell everyone: I hated it! Somebody said, ‘Drain the swamp.’ I said, ‘Oh, that’s so hokey. That is so terrible.’ I said, ‘All right. I’ll try it.’ So like a month ago, I said, ‘Drain the swamp.’ The place went crazy. I said, ‘Whoa. Watch this.’ Then I said it again. Then I started saying it like I meant it, right? And then I said it, I started loving it."

Just shows he will say anything to get what he wants and once he gets it, he has no qualms telling you he lied to get it and pretty much insinuates you were dumb to believe him to start with.
And at a rally yesterday:

'You people were vicious, violent, screaming, 'Where's the wall? We want the wall!' Screaming, 'Prison! Prison! Lock her up!' I mean you are going crazy. I mean, you were nasty and mean and vicious and you wanted to win, right?' Trump said to the crowd of thousands. But now, you're mellow and you're cool and you're not nearly as vicious or violent, right? Because we won, right?'

At the same event this happened

Old 12-17-2016, 07:58 AM

and then there is this....

Earlier Saturday, Trump tweeted calling China's seizure of a U.S. Navy drone an precedented act — except he wrote "unpresidented" the first time. The president-elect deleted the tweet and reposted it shortly after, but many onlookers saved screenshots of the original version:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Old 12-17-2016, 09:16 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
and then there is this....

Earlier Saturday, Trump tweeted calling China's seizure of a U.S. Navy drone an precedented act — except he wrote "unpresidented" the first time. The president-elect deleted the tweet and reposted it shortly after, but many onlookers saved screenshots of the original version:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
OMG, he misspelled a word....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. ..

I guess that's not as bad as 57 states....

or calling a Corpsman a corpse man......

I have never tweeted, but if it has auto correct.....then I'm going to assume, you have never misspelled anything, ever....

Old 12-17-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
OMG, he misspelled a word....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. ..
I guess that's not as bad as 57 states....or calling a Corpsman a corpse man......
I have never tweeted, but if it has auto correct.....then I'm going to assume, you have never misspelled anything, ever....
you would defend Trump if he walked up to you and knocked your teeth out

Old 12-17-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
you would defend Trump if he walked up to you and knocked your teeth out
And if hillary walked up to you and knocked your teeth out, you would still support her....

What's you point? Oh yea...NOTHING..................

Old 12-17-2016, 04:06 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Direct quotes from a video of Trump on his victory tour:

Trump on the Republican primary system being rigged in May, as he secured the party’s nomination: "You’ve been hearing me say it’s a rigged system. But now I don’t say it anymore because I won. Okay? It’s true. You know, now I don’t care."

Trump on his promise to prosecute Hillary Clinton and "lock her up": "Forget it. That plays great before the election. Now we don’t care, right?"

Trump on his slogan to "drain the swamp": "Funny how that term caught on, isn’t it? I tell everyone: I hated it! Somebody said, ‘Drain the swamp.’ I said, ‘Oh, that’s so hokey. That is so terrible.’ I said, ‘All right. I’ll try it.’ So like a month ago, I said, ‘Drain the swamp.’ The place went crazy. I said, ‘Whoa. Watch this.’ Then I said it again. Then I started saying it like I meant it, right? And then I said it, I started loving it."

Just shows he will say anything to get what he wants and once he gets it, he has no qualms telling you he lied to get it and pretty much insinuates you were dumb to believe him to start with.
You are naive to think the Democrats don't do the same. People want to believe what they want to believe.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:29 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And if hillary walked up to you and knocked your teeth out, you would still support her....

What's you point? Oh yea...NOTHING..................
So it's true that you would support Snowflake no matter what he did.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So it's true that you would support Snowflake no matter what he did.
As you would hillary....

Again, what's your point? Nothing....got it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies