Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2017, 04:15 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times

Advertisements

Looks like vetting the Cabinet appointments are the least of Trump's worries....
Now that the cat is out of the bag, there is strong supposition that Russia has compromised Trump or close surrogate...

Now Trump backers can complain all they want that this is just sour grapes but it comes from a former MI6 operative with very credible sources inside Russian gov't who has given solid evidence in past
And this info was available before the election--
Comey chose in this case NOT to come forward prior to the election unlike his urge to speak about Hilary...

Old 01-10-2017, 05:03 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
None of this makes any sense . JK is merely an advisor to Trump. He's not in charge of any agency .

I didn't vote for Trump and railed against him here , but the only true gripe here is that it's Trump doing something the left can find a reason to gripe about .

Nothing of substance to it . The anti Trumps need to get over it . Trump won .
Congratulations - you understand the Nepotism Law and that the Executive Office of the President of the Untied States is NOT an "agency" (which is what the Law addresses).

There is a reason that the Presidents personal Advisors and Chief of Staff do not require a Senate Confirmation - the Executive Office is NOT an "agency".

My personal favorite of all of President Obama's "advisors" was the 21 year old kid in college, who served all 8 years in the Executive Office of the President as an "advisor". What was his "job"? Play golf with Obama.
Nice work if you can get it.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:03 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
if he wants to help decide if POPS wants sugar in this coffee or butter on his bread he can advise! if he is meddling in secret and foreign affairs NO -- its so hard to keep all thta secret stuff to oneself -- I really cant see HOW it would be let separate-

but-- where do you all draw a line? or anyone can just sit in- as long as it stays in the family?

What would be the difference in Trump appointing his best friend as an advisor ? Everything you complain about except the family relation would still exist . Would you then gripe that Trump appointed a close friend ?

There is nothing here except sour grapes . That's it . Time to grow up folks . I opposed Trump, although I didn't support HC , as I thought both sucked . But Trump won. Get over it . It was a fair election , and Trump won. Let him govern and hope he does a decent job and quit acting like spoiled children .

Old 01-11-2017, 05:50 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
if he wants to help decide if POPS wants sugar in this coffee or butter on his bread he can advise! if he is meddling in secret and foreign affairs NO -- its so hard to keep all thta secret stuff to oneself -- I really cant see HOW it would be let separate-

but-- where do you all draw a line? or anyone can just sit in- as long as it stays in the family?
Well TINY, I think you need to grow up.

All this teenager sniffling isn't going to get you anywhere.

He is FREE to have ANYONE he likes and wants as his advisors and the there NOTHING you or anyone can do about it.

Whether they are family or not, just as I posted about the "advising" Hillary did for Bill and NO dems every complained one bit.

I also note obama had cabinet Secretaries which had to be confirmed by the Senate so he nominated those that he knew would get confirmed, then he went around them and appointed a bunch of czars who did NOT have to be confirmed by the Senate and it was they who really ran the agencies.

And oh, NOT 1 DEM EVER COMPLAINED, YOU INCLUDED.

I wonder why?

Old 01-11-2017, 05:55 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Looks like vetting the Cabinet appointments are the least of Trump's worries....
Now that the cat is out of the bag, there is strong supposition that Russia has compromised Trump or close surrogate...

Now Trump backers can complain all they want that this is just sour grapes but it comes from a former MI6 operative with very credible sources inside Russian gov't who has given solid evidence in past
And this info was available before the election--
Comey chose in this case NOT to come forward prior to the election unlike his urge to speak about Hilary...
"there is strong supposition"

You guys are like a bunch of old ladies spreading gossip.

You here some dem or left media say something and you spread it all over the community, usually adding a little tidbit here and there.

Come back when you have the FACTS and NOT "suppositions".

Old 01-11-2017, 07:03 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Well TINY, I think you need to grow up.

All this teenager sniffling isn't going to get you anywhere.

He is FREE to have ANYONE he likes and wants as his advisors and the there NOTHING you or anyone can do about it.

Whether they are family or not, just as I posted about the "advising" Hillary did for Bill and NO dems every complained one bit.

I also note obama had cabinet Secretaries which had to be confirmed by the Senate so he nominated those that he knew would get confirmed, then he went around them and appointed a bunch of czars who did NOT have to be confirmed by the Senate and it was they who really ran the agencies.

And oh, NOT 1 DEM EVER COMPLAINED, YOU INCLUDED.

I wonder why?
I remember that... the czars... hehehehe... liberals are dumb

Old 01-11-2017, 07:57 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
If Barron joined the Obama administration, he would be the most honest and competent member of the Cabinet. Also the most mature.
And the dumbest post of the day award goes to.. ^

Your idiot toddler-in-chief is currently having a meltdown on twitter claiming he just got elected to Nazi Germany, and you want to criticize Obama's Admin for being immature?

Old 01-11-2017, 12:15 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Apparently Trump announced, during his press conference, that he has nominated an Obama appointee, David J. Shulkin, to head the VA.

Trump Picks David J. Shulkin for VA Head - The Daily Beast

Who’s Is David Shulkin? Trump Taps Him To Run Veterans Affairs « CBS Denver

Old 01-11-2017, 01:03 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
So far... more than 5 hours of Tillerson grilling nonsense. Love how blatantly petty and condescending Menendez is being to a man that outclasses him in all aspects of accomplishment by a mile.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:22 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
So far... more than 5 hours of Tillerson grilling nonsense. Love how blatantly petty and condescending Menendez is being to a man that outclasses him in all aspects of accomplishment by a mile.
You aren't troubled that Tillerson refuses to answer questions by claiming that he 'hasn't seen all the available information'? I'm not passing judgment on him, but whoever did his prep for the hearing made a big mistake in telling him to try to repeatedly avoid answering by falling back on that lame excuse, particularly for issues for which there is ample public information upon which to form an opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies