Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2017, 12:51 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times

Advertisements

To preview the Trump presidency, look at the confirmation hearings for his cabinet picks | Fox News

This piece summarizes exactly how I feel about Trumps cabinet picks. I am so stoked I can hardly stand it. Great things are going to happen in this country. But I tell you right now, no matter what this administration accomplishes that is good for the country, the dems are going to go after the next election. Those who voted for a change and the country to get better had better be out there signing up "legitimate" voters. The Dems are hard at it on the college campus, in the migrant camps, anywhere they can find a warm, ignorant body.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:59 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Great read, thanks. Dems are scared that Trump will be a success. He's building a great team of people.

Good chance Dems will lose even more seats in the 2018 elections. They are really paying a price for poor leadership the last 6 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
To preview the Trump presidency, look at the confirmation hearings for his cabinet picks | Fox News

This piece summarizes exactly how I feel about Trumps cabinet picks. I am so stoked I can hardly stand it. Great things are going to happen in this country. But I tell you right now, no matter what this administration accomplishes that is good for the country, the dems are going to go after the next election. Those who voted for a change and the country to get better had better be out there signing up "legitimate" voters. The Dems are hard at it on the college campus, in the migrant camps, anywhere they can find a warm, ignorant body.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:29 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Are you seriously suggesting that college students should not be encouraged to vote? We made darn sure our teenagers were registered to vote and did so as soon as they were of age, which turned out to be senior year of high school. We talked through the issues as a family, ensuring that they knew how the process worked and why it was important that they follow through on election day regardless of whether or not we agreed.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:58 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
So Trump's second ranked NSA pick Monica Crowley pulls out after her plagiarism takes center stage

But she might not be the only one

Ben Carson and Monica Crowley Were Accused of Plagiarism on Same Day

Old 01-16-2017, 05:01 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
So Trump's second ranked NSA pick Monica Crowley pulls out after her plagiarism takes center stage

But she might not be the only one

Ben Carson and Monica Crowley Were Accused of Plagiarism on Same Day
And it looks like Andy Pudzer is having second thoughts Trump's Labor Department pick 'may be bailing' | Washington Examiner

Old 01-16-2017, 05:03 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, it's not my job to prove you non-existent point...you stated something very clearly, you failed to prove your own damn point....
LOL, you use Rolling Stone, the same people who put out a false rape accusation...
http://www.doncio.navy.mil/CHIPS/Art...s.aspx?ID=5256
Please don't embarrass yourself anymore....
Can't you quit carrying water for Trump long enough to engage in a discussion without getting nasty?

Old 01-16-2017, 06:18 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Are you seriously suggesting that college students should not be encouraged to vote? We made darn sure our teenagers were registered to vote and did so as soon as they were of age, which turned out to be senior year of high school. We talked through the issues as a family, ensuring that they knew how the process worked and why it was important that they follow through on election day regardless of whether or not we agreed.
Not seriously. All my grandchildren, except the 13 yr old, are encouraged to vote and we talk about the issues.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:21 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Draining the swamp, really.

Tom Price's confirmation hearings tomorrow should prove very interesting.

Quote:
Washington (CNN)Rep. Tom Price last year purchased shares in a medical device manufacturer days before introducing legislation that would have directly benefited the company, raising new ethics concerns for President-elect Donald Trump's nominee for Health and Human Services secretary.

Price bought between $1,001 to $15,000 worth of shares last March in Zimmer Biomet, according to House records reviewed by CNN.
The issue has become a major liability for the congressman after The Wall Street Journal reported last month that he traded roughly $300,000 in shares over the past four years in health companies while pursuing legislation that could impact them
First on CNN: Trump's cabinet pick invested in company, then introduced a bill to help it - CNNPolitics.com

Old 01-17-2017, 08:27 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, it's not my job to prove you non-existent point...you stated something very clearly, you failed to prove your own damn point....

LOL, you use Rolling Stone, the same people who put out a false rape accusation...

http://www.doncio.navy.mil/CHIPS/Art...s.aspx?ID=5256

Please don't embarrass yourself anymore....
You are embarrassing yourself, haven't heard of the problems at Norfolk.

How about that left wing publication The Navy Times?

Quote:
Naval Station Norfolk in Virginia and 17 other U.S. military installations sitting on waterfront property are looking at hundreds of floods a year and in some cases could be mostly submerged by 2100, according to a new report from the Union of Concerned Scientists. Based on these calculations, the report says a three-foot sea level rise would threaten 128 U.S. military bases, valued at roughly $100 billion.

Nine of those bases are major hubs for the Navy: In addition to Norfolk, flooding threatens Naval Station Mayport, Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay in Georgia and the Naval Academy in Maryland, where 2003's Hurricane Isabel flooded classrooms, dormitories and athletic facilities.

https://www.navytimes.com/story/mili...port/87657780/

Old 01-17-2017, 08:44 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You are embarrassing yourself, haven't heard of the problems at Norfolk.

How about that left wing publication The Navy Times?

https://www.navytimes.com/story/mili...port/87657780/
I don't think you know much about Norfolk or you would of realize it was built in an area prone to flooding... you might want to brush up on your history lesson...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies