Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2016, 09:05 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Foreign diplomats are used to currying favor any way they can, and they know full well that a stay at Donald Trump’s newest hotel can help with one of the most awkward tasks of diplomacy: small talk. “Why wouldn’t I stay at his hotel blocks from the White House, so I can tell the new president, ‘I love your new hotel!’ Isn’t it rude to come to his city and say, ‘I am staying at your competitor?’” one Asian diplomat tells the Washington Post.

The hotel itself is working hard to woo diplomatic business, hiring someone as the “director of diplomatic sales.” Sure, that’s hardly unheard of in Washington, but there’s only one that has the president-elect’s name on the front door.

Wait, isn’t it against the rules for a president to use his position as leader of the free world to make money? Eh, not really. “The measures preventing other federal employees from profiting from their positions do not apply to the president,” notes the Post. Duly noted.

Foreign diplomats are flocking to Donald Trump’s Washington hotel.
This is bizarre but was totally expected. Running for the presidency was a publicity stunt for the birther king that now it has changed and the and result is a marketing machine to further his own brand. His supporters will NEVER stay in one of his hotels or rub elbows with elites that do, but they believed that Trump is one of them and relates to the forgotten working class...LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies