Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 03:03 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times

Advertisements

No. The only people Trump voters "stuck it to" is themselves, unless they're already very wealthy.

The middle-class people who voted for Trump will not be any better off in 4 years than they are now. In addition, they may be completely without medical insurance and wondering what will happen to their parents and themselves when Medicare is gutted.

They were conned and will figure it out in time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 03:11 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
they didn't answer the question....

Old 11-18-2016, 03:15 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Dont blame me. I was just trying to save some money by switching to GOP

But I do believe we achieved much bigger goals than expected. The sunken faces of media, celebrities, Hillary, Obama & snowflakes show that the damage was much greater than intended. We didn't do it intentionally though. Just saving ourselves. But apparently we are responsible for permanently ruining the reputation of the media, exposed lying celebrities who promised to leave usa but didnt follow through & made lots of dems leaders insignificant for their employers who were sponsoring them.
Ok, so you "stuck it" to all of the people you don't like.

How are you better off now? Is Trump going to get rid of automation and globalization to bring your job back?

Old 11-18-2016, 03:17 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
When it comes to the rich getting richer that is exactly what Hillary would have done. Let's take the simplest of things... like her proposal to raise the minimum wage. And let's use McDonalds as a simple example. You know that prices are going to be raised. This is a foregone conclusion of the higher cost to do business. So the avg. franchise makes 1M per year, now makes 2M per year. And who wins... the McDonalds corporation. Who gets a 4% monthly fee on gross sales. Now we can argue all day long about whether the bump in wage will help or hurt the avg. worker, but the fact regardless is the corporation will reap the benefits one way or another. The rich will get richer no matter what. The only question is.... how is the middle class going to benefit the most while the rich bank accounts get bigger..........At least that's the way I'm looking at it....
Correct.

Either way, the plutocracy gets richer at everyone else's expense.

Elections are nothing but a distraction.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:40 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Without Medicaid and my retirement associated supplemental insurance my wife and I will be broke in a few or less years. Either that or avoid any of the artificially expensive prescription drugs and become very painfully crippled and quickly dead. We are not the only people in this boat.

Even worse is the obvious observation that without the government buying drugs without price negotiation the pharmaceutical companies will be just as broke as us.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:43 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
No. The only people Trump voters "stuck it to" is themselves, unless they're already very wealthy.

The middle-class people who voted for Trump will not be any better off in 4 years than they are now. In addition, they may be completely without medical insurance and wondering what will happen to their parents and themselves when Medicare is gutted.

They were conned and will figure it out in time.
I can't understand how regular, every day struggling people would vote in a billionaire, thinking he'll "help them." It's beyond logical. When everything starts to go, it'll be too late to understand or undo the "lesson."

Old 11-18-2016, 03:45 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Thing is, even though they "voted against" Clinton, they still re-elected all the senators and representatives who have kept Washington in gridlock for six years.
So they really didn't go anti-establishment as much as anti-Democrat.

Old 11-18-2016, 04:05 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Correct.

Either way, the plutocracy gets richer at everyone else's expense.

Elections are nothing but a distraction.
I had always suspected it, but became certain when one of Obama's first acts was to sign a bi-partisan bill that legalized default credit swaps.

Obama was really a "LePetomane Diversion" a la "Blazing Saddles" from what the plutocracy is actually doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies