Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 06:45 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,779,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
There is nothing "brainy" about force feeding inedible lunches to kids or ripping up the lawn for a garden.
It's obvious Hollytree isn't talking about the lunch program.

She is talking about the educational and intellectual status of both women.

So stop being facetious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 06:46 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
I think it's news because many people who voted for Trump were interested in going back to "the way it used to be"; i.e. when the President wasn't black. It is very important to have an attractive looking white family of fashion models in the White House- even the Trump males have a Hitler youth tinge to them. That is more important to some than the welfare of the country and the world.

Melania is supposed to be an adornment and a clothes horse. Being a college drop out, she will not be expected to rival Michelle as an educated brainy woman.

Americans don't like intellectuals and many would much prefer to discuss what dresses the "first Lady" wears than think about the political implications of a Trump presidency for the country.
Well said.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:49 AM

This election has brought out the ghetto, sewer rats of the USA, who are angry at the very sight of Michelle Obama.

Now you all have your Melania, who hasn't bared her shoulders like Michelle, she's exposed her whole body and spread her legs for the world. Gotta love the hypocrisy.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:49 AM

14,944 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Fashion designer refuses to dress Melania Trump | Fox News

Maybe this French designer wants her 5 min of attention bUT it seems Melania is better dressed than Michelle and has no desire to use this French born immigrants work.

Another whiner who wants to gain importance by some kind of boycott while she hasn't been asked or needed.

Another left wing whiner who may need a rabbit or crayon and maybe she can move back to France where she may fit in better.
So Ms. French Fashion Designer has expressed her opinions regarding our president elect, okie-dokie then.

But I can't imagine why Melania Trump would care one way or the other if this designer "dresses" her or not. Melania has her own resources, and I'd doubt she'd even ask this designer for the time of day.

Hard to tell why this is even news worthy, but of course it's another opportunity for the news media to make another slam on the president elect.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:50 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
I don't think it's jealousy, honestly.

I think many people despise her and look down upon her...

[snip]

It's all judgmental, no doubt.
I agree. The Leftists are so judgmental. That judgmental attitude by the Leftists doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is how prudish the Leftists are about Melania's past.

Back to the topic. Refusing to do business with a First Lady doesn't make business sense. If some designers choose to boycott Melania, it would only hurt business as anything a First Lady wears is free advertising.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:51 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times
Melania is Russian and wouldn't want a snail eating Frenchy anyway!
She rather have a fish egg eating Tsarist!

Old 11-19-2016, 06:52 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,746,694 times
Quote:
I think it's news because many people who voted for Trump were interested in going back to "the way it used to be"; i.e. when the President wasn't black. It is very important to have an attractive looking white family of fashion models in the White House- even the Trump males have a Hitler youth tinge to them. That is more important to some than the welfare of the country and the world.

Melania is supposed to be an adornment and a clothes horse. Being a college drop out, she will not be expected to rival Michelle as an educated brainy woman.

Americans don't like intellectuals and many would much prefer to discuss what dresses the "first Lady" wears than think about the political implications of a Trump presidency for the country.
Wow, turn off the news and actually spend some time talking to people, hell even spend more time on this board. The reason Trump was voted in was because of economic policies, nothing more nothing less. Hillary and the left tried to make it about identity, while ignoring the fact that outside of a handful of cities people are pissed and are tired of being told they are the bad guys and that they are treated special. Meanwhile the so called intellectuals are bitching about the environment, shutting down industries, attacking farmers, and killing our ability to make any kind of money while being told we are the privileged.

By the way being college educated and sitting around talking about the world's problems does not make someone smart, especially when people do not understand the problems created by their fixes. In fact trying to solve problems that you do not even understand actually makes you quite dumb in my opinion, but what do I know? I only have an IQ well above average, a college degree, and have helped hundreds of small business owners grow their business.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:52 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times
From everything I see in this thread, looks like the hate is directed to Melania Trump, not Michelle Obama. About those sewer rats of the USA. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
This election has brought out the ghetto, sewer rats of the USA, who are angry at the very sight of Michelle Obama.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
From everything I see in this thread, looks like the hate is directed to Melania Trump, not Michelle Obama. About those sewer rats of the USA. . .
Of course, that would be all YOU see.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:56 AM

3,647 posts, read 3,783,666 times
Quote:

I think you post is merely an echo of the sort of thing editorial commentators have been spouting on tv news stations.

Your crack about M Trump being a dropout also suggests a liberal elitist bent. And your broad brush statement about Americans not liking intellectuals is wrong. "Americans?" What people, then, make up that group. Liberals? Conservatives? Non-affiliated persons? Gay? Straight?

It saddens me to see the divisiveness of popular media accepted by fellow citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies