Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 06:57 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Fashion designer refuses to dress Melania Trump | Fox News

Maybe this French designer wants her 5 min of attention bUT it seems Melania is better dressed than Michelle and has no desire to use this French born immigrants work.

Another whiner who wants to gain importance by some kind of boycott while she hasn't been asked or needed.

Another left wing whiner who may need a rabbit or crayon and maybe she can move back to France where she may fit in better.
I seriously doubt Melania gives a damn. M.O. wasn't exactly a fashion model. In fact, most of the time what she wore was positively awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 07:02 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
So Ms. French Fashion Designer has expressed her opinions regarding our president elect, okie-dokie then.

But I can't imagine why Melania Trump would care one way or the other if this designer "dresses" her or not. Melania has her own resources, and I'd doubt she'd even ask this designer for the time of day.

Hard to tell why this is even news worthy, but of course it's another opportunity for the news media to make another slam on the president elect.
Ms French Designer appears to have 3 "claims to fame" - she designs for The Gap, for the Plus Lady store- Lane Bryant and for Michelle Obama.

Turns out that Melania Trump doesn't need someone to "dress her" - she knows how to find her own clothes and purchases them. She has "style".

I can't wait to see this "boycott".

Old 11-19-2016, 07:04 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Michelle Obama wears a mix of famous and nonfamous designers:

Top Ten: Michelle Obama's Favorite Designers | Essence.com
I looked at that hideous clickbait site, and HORRORS! This goofy Sophie thang isn't mentioned!

People, take my advice: Don't click. God knows what you'll pick up!

Old 11-19-2016, 07:08 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Michelle dresses in a beautiful and classy manner. Melania has not been seen in much yet, but based on past photos, she would have benefitted greatly from Michelle's stylist.
Classy ....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ff49c26e3c.jpg

Old 11-19-2016, 07:11 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Have you tried dating as a man in the US lately? Any woman from the US as attractive as Melania only dates a guy with high social status and wealth. Good example for our children lol yeah right, too late for that. People are just jealous of her and I think it's safe to say a lot of those people are women. Trump made the smartest move he could ever make for his 3rd marriage, not marry a woman from the US. THe third time is the charm they say.
I'm a woman and have a ton of woman friends. We've discussed Melania barely but to some degree. I am very neutral on her. I very much dislike her husband and always have. He's just not a likeable guy to me even well before the presidency. I definitely do not hold Trump against her or Ivanka. I find Melania and Ivanka to both be pleasant enough women and I find Ivanka likeable. Yet, I do not feel one iota of jealousy at all. But what I do honestly believe is that she definitely married for money, I don't have one shred of hope that Melania even likes Donald very much at all, and I think she does not want this. I believe she has made her bed, so to speak, and she will look beautiful in any party frock/designer she uses.

I actually DO NOT GET the hate on Michelle. I didn't like George Bush at all, but loved Laura Bush. I loved Ronald Reagan and didn't care for Nancy. I very disliked Hillary as FLOTUS. What I don't truly understand about this faction on this board is the hate for Michelle. You can vehemently disagree with her husband as president for being a democrat and not sharing your views, but the remarks her about her and on other threads border on some sort of bizarre strange hate that has some sort of abnormal basis.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:13 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I seriously doubt Melania gives a damn. M.O. wasn't exactly a fashion model. In fact, most of the time what she wore was positively awful.
I seriously doubt that she gives a damn about anything either. Only in their wildest dreams could a mail order bride seeking a green card and wanting it so badly that she would allow that bloviated orange birther to crawl on top her, wind up moving into The White House. She'll say nothing about nothing until she's told to if she knows what's good for her. And when she does it just might be words that have been plagiarized from Michelle Obama.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:19 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I'm a woman and have a ton of woman friends. We've discussed Melania barely but to some degree. I am very neutral on her. I very much dislike her husband and always have. He's just not a likeable guy to me even well before the presidency. I definitely do not hold Trump against her or Ivanka. I find Melania and Ivanka to both be pleasant enough women and I find Ivanka likeable. Yet, I do not feel one iota of jealousy at all. But what I do honestly believe is that she definitely married for money, I don't have one shred of hope that Melania even likes Donald very much at all, and I think she does not want this. I believe she has made her bed, so to speak, and she will look beautiful in any party frock/designer she uses.

I actually DO NOT GET the hate on Michelle. I didn't like George Bush at all, but loved Laura Bush. I loved Ronald Reagan and didn't care for Nancy. I very disliked Hillary as FLOTUS. What I don't truly understand about this faction on this board is the hate for Michelle. You can vehemently disagree with her husband as president for being a democrat and not sharing your views, but the remarks her about her and on other threads border on some sort of bizarre strange hate that has some sort of abnormal basis.
Well, you said it yourself. You very much disliked Hillary as FLOTUS. Some of us very much dislike Michelle as FLOTUS.

/end

Old 11-19-2016, 07:26 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,748,737 times
Quote:

People do not like Michelle due to her statements about never being proud of the USA, her tearing up the lawn to build a $2 million garden and telling everybody to eat healthy while they are constantly eating fast food, and also her attacks on school lunch programs and them actually causing kids to not get enough to eat at lunch. Personally I am not a fan of Michelle Obama, but do not consider it an issue.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:27 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:

The entire birther movement was shameful and disgusting and a tremendous insult to both the POTUS and the FLOTUS.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:37 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Does anyone honestly care what Michelle's fashion designer thinks, says or does? Chances are the individual knows that Mrs. Trump had no intentions of using her anyway. Sour grapes among the easily offended....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies