Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 06:00 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,493,159 times

Advertisements

I'm so sick of this.

Americans who say this must be very insulated and/or brainwashed.

If you travel around the world, you'll quickly find what real racism is. I'm in Japan right now, some people consider it to be more free than the US. Ha! Though it's a high-context society, it is teeming with racism against non-Japanese. You can't even get into the top social circles, and others may not even become friends with you for fear of what their Japanese compatriots would think.

Don't get me started on places like China either. You want to see some harsh racism? If Chinese see anyone of a different skin color, they will talk about them... right in front of them (assuming they don't speak Chinese)!

I was in Thailand when a minority group was randomly attacking Thai citizens.

And don't think it's better in another "white" country like Australia.

STOP being duped by the media. They love throwing buzzwords out there hoping it will circulate among brain dead sheep.

Get out more.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:06 AM

12,225 posts, read 6,390,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
I'm so sick of this.

Americans who say this must be very insulated and/or brainwashed.

If you travel around the world, you'll quickly find what real racism is. I'm in Japan right now, some people consider it to be more free than the US. Ha! Though it's a high-context society, it is teeming with racism against non-Japanese. You can't even get into the top social circles, and others may not even become friends with you for fear of what their Japanese compatriots would think.

Don't get me started on places like China either. You want to see some harsh racism? If Chinese see anyone of a different skin color, they will talk about them... right in front of them (assuming they don't speak Chinese)!

I was in Thailand when a minority group was randomly attacking Thai citizens.

And don't think it's better in another "white" country like Australia.

STOP being duped by the media. They love throwing buzzwords out there hoping it will circulate among brain dead sheep.

Get out more.
Brain dead sheep are known for whining about the "media" even when they win an election. I`m pretty sure that the First Amendment is here to stay.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:10 AM

11,233 posts, read 16,339,453 times
There are dicks in every country on Earth.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:12 AM

35,303 posts, read 20,671,984 times
It started that way- and even through 1966 is was that way and still has issues-- why are women not equal? still? not all hate their neighbors- but even in the posts-- you see the disdain of others--take off the rose colored glasses-

Old 11-19-2016, 07:14 AM

15,023 posts, read 9,979,744 times
Pointing out that racism exists in greater scale in other countries does not mean that racism is not a problem here in the US.

That is a logical fallacy and marginalizes those that have been victims of it (that includes me as well)

Old 11-19-2016, 07:25 AM

15,072 posts, read 6,102,037 times
Oh please. Racism is an issue in the U.S. I live in the Caribbean (U.S. territory), and while issues with race exist, it is nothing like the States. The same goes for other islands. Neither do issues with religious prejudice exist on a degree similar to that of the States. For example, people generally are not bothered by Islam in my parents' country, and there is a higher percentage of Muslims than in the U.S. I'm speaking as someone who has lived in both places.

You need to get out more.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:28 AM

35,303 posts, read 20,671,984 times
a vast amount of American simply live in FEAR-- maybe because we are so big-- but the media and politics will always keep us apart and leery of one another.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:35 AM

15,023 posts, read 9,979,744 times
Some people FEAR not because of media but because of personal experiences and observations. Face it.. historically there is a precedence of racism in the US and we are doomed to repeat it if we don't learn from it or choose to ignore the lessons learned.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:36 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,493,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
a vast amount of American simply live in FEAR-- maybe because we are so big-- but the media and politics will always keep us apart and leery of one another.
That's actually a good point. I've noticed that from living in other countries as well.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:42 AM

38,965 posts, read 27,322,828 times
I've been to both China and Japan, I don't think either country is MORE racist.

Nor do I think America is More racist.

There are racists in every country.

I can't believe how many Chinese and Japanese want to be friends with me, maybe your experience is different is from mine and I certainly am not doubting your experience or your words. But I found it strange that you actually experienced racism in Japan because most Japanese people don't really show their true emotions, especially in public. They are actually very polite folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies