Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 10:16 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,792,682 times

Advertisements

I always thought it the audience that evaluated the performers, not the other way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 10:16 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
No that was worse and I'll admit that. Unacceptable.
I thank you for admitting Trump has some serious flaws that really preclude his being the President for "all Americans"

The truth is that like any narcissist he can't stand the idea anyone doesn't love him, respect his power, fall under his sway...
That is the only reason he wants unconditional approval from America...
It's about his unquenchable narcissistic ego...

Old 11-19-2016, 10:17 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
And yet Hillary wanted to open the door to the henhouse and forget about the guard all together....That is truly when the chickens should have been fearful......
Exactly! These people really need to listen to Milo Yiannopolis to see what has happened to gays in Europe because of being overrun by people who think being gay is a death penalty offense (ironically, while many still rape little boys).

Old 11-19-2016, 10:17 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I had the sound ON when I viewed the video. There were equal cheers.

Had I been there, the very action of either or both would have caused me to ask for a refund. I have attended only 1 Broadway show and I promise you I didn't pay the price for political crap from audience OR performers.
Good for you. IF you don't want "political crap" from the performers then you would be incredibly ignorant spending your money on Hamilton. Or Rent, for that matter.

What happened on stage is in line with what I would expect and, in fact, what most of us fans of Hamilton would demand.

After all, it's creator Lin-Manuel Miranda was the one who said Love is love is love is love at the Tony's.

Sounds like you, Mike Pence, and Donald Trump need a safe space.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:18 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,589,364 times
What a terrible and stupid thing to do.

Just as stupid as the whole Hamilton play itself...

these people are fakes.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:18 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,008,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Oh the drama! You should try out for this play.

Trump doesn't care about gay issues. He isn't going to roll back anything. He really is the best Republican you could get if that's your issue. The fact that he was nominated over Ted Cruz tells you where the Republican electorate is on this issue -- they don't care. If they wanted to roll back gay rights, they had that candidate in Cruz.

And if you think Pence will have a lot of power, remember that Trump is the one running the show. He isn't going to do anything Trump won't allow. And the Supreme Court already ruled on this issue. It isn't going to be changed. If twenty years of conservative rule (when the social conservatives were in charge), and a 5-4 Supreme Court in the conservative's favor couldn't stop abortion, I think gay marriage is safe.

Why not let these people get into office and see what happens before you start protesting? It's what mature people do - wait and see.
No the liberals aren't afraid of gay marriage being overturned they're afraid that the scales tipping way too in favor of the LGBT lobby groups will recede back to where religious people will be allowed certain religious exceptions and religious liberty which the former don't want because they think that it will be used for discriminatory purposes. In essence, they're mad because they might not now be able to go after the churches, the Christian schools and Christian organizations. They think any balance between LGBT rights and religious liberty is wrong and the scales should only tip in favor of the LGBT.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:20 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
I hope the anger I've observed on many media outlets will result in a boycott of this Hamilton Broadway show.

The best way to fight radical lefties is to impact their pocketbook.

Given the press for this incident, that "free speech" could end up being a very expensive speech for the cast and the producers.

I certainly hope so. I hope the repercussions from the cast's rudeness result in closing the show.

http://trends24.in/

#boycotthamilton is trending as number 1.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 11-19-2016 at 10:33 AM..

Old 11-19-2016, 10:20 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bescheech thee View Post
Wonder when we shall see the hidden Pennce emails that he is in court to supress. Do you think that maybe he got the tickets from an illegall source k]like the roooshians?
No--I am betting that someone on his wife's staff probably called and asked if they could get tickets and the theater knew a perfect opportunity when it was there for the taking...
I don't think Putin would consider tickets to Hamilton a big draw...he looks like he never laughed in his life...

Old 11-19-2016, 10:21 AM

15,527 posts, read 10,496,731 times
I see the press is up to it's usual embellishment of events. Several theatre patrons have gone online and said it's being blown out of proportion. It was NYC, sounds pretty typical too me.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:22 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times
Default Mike Pence booed and jeered while seeing play in NY

Democrats haven't been this pissed (and powerless) since Lincoln freed the slaves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies