Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 11:25 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,003,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
There were a lot worse things said during the campaign than this. I would hardly call this harassment.
Those controversial things were said during the appropriate time to say them no matter how vulgar. This was an outburst by a zealous cast who saw the opportunity to harass a paying member of the audience. On top of that ask the rest of the audience to whip out their phones and record the event so the cast can look like social justice heroes to the scores of whining SJWs and the establishment media press.

It was immature, classless, and phony. But I guess that's how the Big Apple rumbles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 11:29 AM

1,548 posts, read 912,409 times
The way the losers of this election are acting now aren't winning any people over. They are solidifying the division.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:30 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Those controversial things were said during the appropriate time to say them no matter how vulgar. This was an outburst by a zealous cast who saw the opportunity to harass a paying member of the audience. On top of that ask the rest of the audience to whip out their phones and record the event so the cast can look like social justice heroes to the scores of whining SJWs and the establishment media press.

It was immature, classless, and phony. But I guess that's how the Big Apple rumbles.
The HuffPost wackos ate it up of course.
What happened to Obama's talk of disagreeing without being disagreeable.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:30 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,208,776 times
Quote:
Because of your opinion? I don't think so. But I do see Bush's name come me up when actual scholars list the worst POTUS's. I have a feeling about who is going to be added to that list in due time.
So you can't list any. Just as I thought - more false whiny rhetoric from the left.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:31 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
Quote:

I'll bet the taxpayer footed that bill for Pence. Why should he even be entertained by people in a cast that is probably comprised of at least a few gays after his despicable and hateful policies? He's lucky that they did not boycott and refuse to entertain the bible thumper altogether. I would not sing and dance for an entity that would crush my civil rights if given the opportunity...that's for **** sure.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:33 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,533,650 times
Quote:

And arrogant. Somewhere in the entertainment culture seems to be the assumption that they now know more than anyone else and that we all want them to share their advanced knowledge with us. And now they're harassing paying customers.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:35 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
And arrogant. Somewhere in the entertainment culture seems to be the assumption that they now know more than anyone else and that we all want them to share their advanced knowledge with us. And now they're harassing paying customers.
If they keep this up Trump will probably flip more Blue states next election.
These are the failed strategies that lost them the election....that and nominating a criminal named HRC.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I'll bet the taxpayer footed that bill for Pence. Why should he even be entertained by people in a cast that is probably comprised of at least a few gays after his despicable and hateful policies? He's lucky that they did not boycott and refuse to entertain the bible thumper. I would not sing and dance for an entity that would crush my civil rights if given the opportunity...that's for **** sure.
When liberals post I wonder if they have emotional issues that they get them this heated. Pence has his values and you have yours. When he pays for a ticket to see a play the cast members shouldn't get all emotional and want praise for being SJW heroes in front of social media.

You guys just have no composure. No timing. It's all what is going through your emotional heads at the moment. That's why many of you are burning New Balance shoes, smashing windows, calling for civil war on twitter, asking for someone to assassinate the Prez-elect and other emotionally unstable stuff.

No one is taking away your rights. You're virtue signaling and being an alarmist for no reason. How can most of you be this dense?

Old 11-19-2016, 11:36 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,426,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I hope the anger I've observed on many media outlets will result in a boycott of this Hamilton Broadway show.

The best way to fight radical lefties is to impact their pocketbook.

Given the press for this incident, that "free speech" could end up being a very expensive speech for the cast and the producers.

I certainly hope so. I hope the repercussions from the cast's rudeness result in closing the show.

Worldwide | Twitter trending topics today | trends24.in

#boycotthamilton is trending as number 1.
Hamilton tickets are near impossible to get. It's the most universally popular musical to hit Broadway perhaps ever.

How many people threatening to boycott were going to see it anyway?

Old 11-19-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
If they keep this up Trump will probably flip more Blue states next election.
These are the failed strategies that lost them the election....that and nominating a criminal named HRC.
That's what they're not getting. The more they throw these whiny hissyfits the more people will convert to Trump.

I hope they keep it up and get more ruder and more emotionally unhinged so that it will be captured on camera for the rest of the country to see. Then maybe the rest of the country will keep voting GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies