Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 07:24 AM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times

Advertisements

At least they didn't go all John Wilkes Booth on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 07:35 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
At least they didn't go all John Wilkes Booth on him.
Baha! I was actually thinking Rodney King.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:37 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,175 times
I think the cast delivered a vere polite and eloquent message meant for Pence to hear. That's OK. The cast member also politely admonished the audience for booing Pence, good on him. Overall I think the cast acted in a polite and proper manner for getting their message heard, unlike the more criminal and rude people trying to deliver "messages."

Old 11-19-2016, 07:38 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I would have been upset if I had bought a ticket planning to see a good show and those idiots that disrupted the show with their boos couldn't put their differences aside for a couple of hours.

It is not expressing their first amendment rights it is just plain rude. I'm surprised someone didn't yell "FIRE" just to clear the place out and really ruin it for everyone.

It is also ironic how these people that claim to champion the rights of everyone continue to trample on the rights of anyone who doesn't see eye to eye with them.
A misogynistic anti-gay man who was just handed much power, was called out by people expressing free speech in a respectful way...boo freakin' hoo.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:45 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I had the sound ON when I viewed the video. There were equal cheers.

Had I been there, the very action of either or both would have caused me to ask for a refund. I have attended only 1 Broadway show and I promise you I didn't pay the price for political crap from audience OR performers.

Me, too. I would have left the performance and asked for a refund. At several hundred dollars a ticket for a Broadway show, I don't want to hear the audience or the cast give political speeches.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:51 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Even my mother in law, a big time Hillary supporter is absolutely disgusted with these idiots. This social media thing has emboldened these people to believe they are so much more important than they are. What gives them the right to harass the VP of the US? Where is the respect?

There are right ways and wrong ways to do things.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
The actors showed very little class by their little "intervention."

More and more people are coming to realize the left is even more intolerant of those whose opinions differ.
Their blatant immaturity and lack of class is shocking to me. Talk about "irredeemable"

Old 11-19-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bescheech thee View Post
A play about American politics and people are upset about politics at a play about politics?
The new Reich should get used to people speaking their minds, cause protests will not fade.

Is Pence so tone death that he is surprised a majority of American citizens are upset with an incoming
Administration be filled with racist homophobes, that have an actual record of using political power to suppress human rights?

Did Pence learn nothing from the economic boycott of indianna that he eventually had to cave into?
You are correct! The cast of play about one of the Founders is expressing the right to free speech. Nothing could be more apropos.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Me, too. I would have left the performance and asked for a refund. At several hundred dollars a ticket for a Broadway show, I don't want to hear the audience or the cast give political speeches.
Yeah man.. especially when it's a show based upon one of the Founders. How unConstitutional!

Old 11-19-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yeah man.. especially when it's a show based upon one of the Founders. How unConstitutional!
The British would have shot the entire cast if they spouted off about King George. No chance these mealy mouthed little twits would have the guts to do that. They know they can get away with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies