Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 05:21 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Getting real tired of politicians who whine and complain every time someone calls them out. Makes them look childish and petty.
How about people that protest and riot for weeks when their candidate doesn't win?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 05:31 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The poor behavior is exactly why there will be a Republican President a Republican Congress, a vast majority of states controlled by the GOP. So by all means, continue to encourage it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
You've convinced me. They should just ignore these kinds of protests(btw the Actor himself said he was having a convo lol), rude sermons, etc.

Let them talk to themselves. No one whose mind they want to change is going to listen to protests/messages/conversations conducted in this rude manner.

poor and rude behavior is another's free speech. the new admin will have just as many detractors that Obama had for his 8 years.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:37 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racks View Post
He did not personally attack Pence but rather express his thoughts/concerns about the incoming leadership..which was extremely accurate.

Trump is going to be the President. It's time to man up and not react to every form of criticism which is not praise. Makes him seem very insecure if he seeks to have approval of everyone.
where was the concern about hitlery???
Hillary the two faced liar hypocrite

Candidate Hillary..."I'm for women".........................the real hillary........." the rapist was lured by the 15 yr old".... "all these tramps seduced my husband"

candidate Hillary..."I'm for minorities and blacks".......the real Hillary......"he's a n-word"

candidate Hillary...."I'm against the TTP"..........the real Hillary " I helped negotiate TTP, and Nafta was/is great"

candidate Hillary "woman should be paid the same".......the real Hillary 'everyone of my female staff is paid far less than my male staff'

Hillary "what difference does it make" . "lets move on from the past"........ I am sure ambassador Stevens and the others appreciate that hitlery says what difference does it make

Old 11-19-2016, 05:46 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Why is this so hard?

Trump ran a polarizing campaign and won. But the result is he now leads a divided nation.

Neither he nor Pence will be able to attend any open public event in NYC or Chicago or LA or SF without being booed and verbally attacked. Their only defense is cheers and supporting shouts. In those places they will lose.

You reap what you sow. If you don't want to deal with boos don't end up hated by close to half the population.

And it will likely last the entire length of the regime. Most likely both will mostly avoid going anywhere the crowd is not limited to friedlies.

And they reap what they sowed .

Old 11-19-2016, 05:48 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
Republicans gave Obama no respect the last 8 years.
They called him names, said he was a muslim, said he wasn't an american, said he wasn't born in america, called him a terrorist, etc etc.
One must earn the respect they receive. In eight years, obama has never done anything to earn respect, in fact, quite the opposite.. He is and has been a total failure in every way..

Old 11-19-2016, 05:48 PM

4,795 posts, read 2,797,347 times
Default Call the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I thought the intervention was classless, rude and immature. I probably would've been so furious at the event that I would've yelled out (if I were seated near the front) interrupting his little rant with shouts of "this is beyond rude" and "the whole cast is classless for doing this". I wouldn't have let them ruin my night or the VPs. Broadway tickets aren't cheap and neither is the trip to NYC.

& what, exactly, did the whole cast do to merit your condemnation? I understood it was members of the audience who booed (or applauded) Pence & his companions.

Other than playing their parts, the cast didn't say anything, nor address the booing until after the show - @ curtain call?

Old 11-19-2016, 05:49 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
I am thinking that we should tell the people who harass and badger us that we are in no way caring or intimated by their holier than thou actions. You can boo Pence, scream at the powers that be but your entitled times are coming to a quick end.

Believe me when the changes start coming down, sanctuary cities are taken to court, ICE roundups in major cities, you'll all be up in arms and the streets will be full of their whining. Maybe the authorities will pass our crayons and marshmallows.

When the wall starts being built in double time and people are incarcerated in border prisons they are going to cry a river....

And yes, truth ? We don't care. They are here illegally and they are proud of it. Entitled to hand outs and freebies..and yes I know the riots will start and just like the UCSD student who was hit at freeway speed for walking across I-5 in San Diego with a cell phone light...we won't care. We will watch the police bust jaws and people throw themselves on the streets.

And when you're all done with your potty mouths and your fits and your "insurrection" we will still be here, able to walk safer streets, able to pay our taxes now that we are not paying yours and we will be happier in our nation as a whole.

We don't really care. Time's Up.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:50 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
One must earn the respect they receive. In eight years, obama has never done anything to earn respect, in fact, quite the opposite.. He is and has been a total failure in every way..
And what has Trump or Pence done to garner respect from anyone other than Trumpetts.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:50 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
why is this so hard?

Trump ran a polarizing campaign and won. But the result is he now leads a divided nation.

Neither he nor pence will be able to attend any open public event in nyc or chicago or la or sf without being booed and verbally attacked. Their only defense is cheers and supporting shouts. In those places they will lose.

You reap what you sow. If you don't want to deal with boos don't end up hated by close to half the population.

And it will likely last the entire length of the regime. Most likely both will mostly avoid going anywhere the crowd is not limited to friedlies.

And they reap what they sowed .

100%.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:54 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
100%.
Nope you reap what you win. Get ready. It's going to be coming soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies