Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 06:45 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
As much as Pence displeases and worries me, I have to agree that this was poor form on the part of those in the theatre who booed him and by the actors who stopped the show and addressed him. But I'd think that he would have had better sense that to attend this show, in the first place. Maybe he anticipated the uproar and thought that it could be played to the advantage of his agenda? Remember that this is a guy who as a freshman congressman, stood before the House of Representatives and delivered a long speech touting Creationism, giving a clue as to his common sense.
The actors did NOT stop the show. The speech was delivered at the end of the show. Don't you people read!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 06:50 PM

4,796 posts, read 2,801,052 times
Default Still calling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I would have asked for my money back. That the cast would behave like that was rude and unprofessional. Typical lib behavior.
& what did the cast do, then?

Old 11-19-2016, 06:50 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
The actors did NOT stop the show. The speech was delivered at the end of the show. Don't you people read!
These days it's like the game in which someone whispers something in the ear of the next person in the circle and by the time it runs through the circle ear to ear, it comes back to the one who started the game as totally unintelligible.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:53 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Can you imagine the reaction from Obama supporters if someone at a public venue like this dared to speak to him in this way? They would be nearly foaming at the mouth with rage.

And suffice it to say the howls of "racism" and "bigotry" would be almost deafening.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:54 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
I would shut the play down. Make them all unemployed.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:55 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Oh the ignorance is mind boggling. I wonder if those calling liberals "fascists" ever took a world history course. No liberal tries to repress freedom of speech, of the press, of the right to assemble. No liberal allows really poor people to suffer, calling them the scum of the earth. No liberal cuts funds for poor children. No liberal refuses to help any one, or any population, in dire circumstances. No liberal builds a miles-long concrete wall out of fear. No liberal tweets away reprimanding the arts.

Fascist? LOL

(I was not a Hillary supporter but I will say one thing, she is one tough-skinned person in stark contrast to Mr Trump)
Lefties are so clueless, so stupidly arrogant, and so unaware of the anger they have wrought by their behavior. It will be a difficult transition to irrelevant and shunned for the soon to be neutered Proggies.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:55 PM

4,796 posts, read 2,801,052 times
Default The hunt for Red October?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The left is pretending to be deaf as Mike Pence has said over and over , President -elect Pence is for all people. yes. black , brown, yellow white. All people.. the left has selective hearing. We know.. they call us all racists.

Cart before the horse there, Taratova. You have to wait for Trump to resign or whatever he's going to do the moment he gets bored. I suspect he'll try to pull a Palin - another first for the US presidency - I don't believe we've ever had a president try to resign mid-stream.

But I love the irony. Maybe Trump will have a little silk handkerchief that he'll present to the head of FBI, & ask them to use it to dry the tears of any person falsely accused of a crime?

Old 11-19-2016, 06:57 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Lefties are so clueless, so stupidly arrogant, and so unaware of the anger they have wrought by their behavior. It will be a difficult transition to irrelevant and shunned for the soon to be neutered Proggies.
And the Right Wing is too dumb to realize the left can return the favor. Which they will do with unmitigated glee to Trump for the next four years.

You reap what you sow.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:57 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
Quote:
From Nana053:
This amendment also protects freedom of speech. Thus the speech by the Hamilton cast is protected speech and it should not be disparaged nor should Pence and Trump be calling for an apology for it.
Sure it was legal. The problem is that it was inappropriate and rude. A lot of things are legal but that doesn't make them all right. My guess is if cast members lectured the Obama family during a performance that you'd see things differently. It is this utter lack of respect and tolerance for anybody and anything that is different from them that caused the Democrats to lose the election. The intolerance and hate on the part of the far left needs to stop.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:58 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And the Right Wing is too dumb to realize the left can return the favor. Which they will do with unmitigated glee to Trump for the next four years.

You reap what you sow.
You mean an army of effeminate Pajama Boys will attack us?

I'm shaking.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies