Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2016, 02:42 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Take your own advice.
You are the one with twisted panties because people exercised their Constitutional rights, not me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 03:43 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
If someone doesn't like an elected official, write a letter. Stage a protest march. But the customers paid to see a play, not a political lecture. Do your politicing on your own time. Now am I supposed to listen to a protest every time I use a business. Pence didn't go there for a lecture. Have some class.
Exactly. This is a horrible precedent to support.

Who wants to listen to other peoples political rants/lectures every time they go into a business that is open to the general public regardless of which party they belong to.

What next, Macy's employees will be lecturing us while we shop?

Old 11-21-2016, 03:59 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are the one with twisted panties because people exercised their Constitutional rights, not me.
You are making a huge assumption that I'm even wearing panties, much less that they are twisted.

Not sure what you are doing, but, I'm participating in a discussion on a discussion forum.

You wouldn't be trying to shut down my constitutional right to free speech now would you Mr. Defender of Free Speech?

Thanks for the laugh. I love irony. But, if the discussion is too taxing for you, there is an ignore feature in the forum as well as I'm sure your computer has an off switch.

Old 11-21-2016, 04:07 PM

4,795 posts, read 2,797,347 times
Default Critiquing the play by play

Quote:
If someone doesn't like an elected official, write a letter. Stage a protest march. But the customers paid to see a play, not a political lecture. Do your politicing on your own time. Now am I supposed to listen to a protest every time I use a business. Pence didn't go there for a lecture. Have some class.

& that's what the customers got. It was some members of the audience that were booing (& applauding) Pence. It wasn't the cast of Hamilton. After curtain call - after the play was over - the lead stand-in addressed the audience & Pence. & the stand-in asked the audience not to boo.

The stand-in's statement has been quoted earlier in this thread - I don't know that it qualifies as a protest. It didn't sound all that demanding to me.

Old 11-21-2016, 04:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMES67 View Post
Wow, unfortunately this is the new normal. Regardless on how you voted on this election, Trump's "outside the box" campaigning opened the door for this type of behavior. Even Kayne West is getting in the act. Eliminating Political Correctness can go both ways and contribute to divisiveness. What we're witnessing now, unfortunately we will continue to see. This is very sad for our country.
Yes. If you've noticed the right-wing, hypocrites that they are, was giddy with happiness when ol' Donny Trump was 'tellin' it like it is', denouncing political correctness and acting like the rude crude a-hole he is. What he hath wrought is now the new normal.

So I think the admin should stick to their rural cult base if they want to hear adoration and have flowers thrown at their feet and not leave their alt-right bubble. Hey--they have musicals in Branson, Mo, and the 'heartland' and they love him there right? If Trump & Co. want to go out in the world that was horrified by Trump & Co., they should be prepared for the total absence of civility (or as they call it--PC--towards them). Trump is disrespected and hated in NYC because of who his is, and those people will never stop letting him know it.

While Trump insulted and dissed everyone in the country from the POTUS (for the last 5 years) to his fellow GOP members to just about everyone he came into contact with, his cult cheered him on. He wanted people to tell it like is is, and that is exactly what everyone is doing--they're just not wearing stupid hats while saying it. Too bad.

Now they are crying about respect? Respect? Respect and civility was ditched by Trump long ago. Respect isn't owed--it's earned and Trump has not earned the respect of over half the country. It's gone--forget it. He gets no respect and no civility--NO PC.

If the cult doesn't like it, boycott the blue states and take vacations in Iowa, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas. You can even boycott Hamilton, but since it is sold out out until January 2018, you'll have to wait a while.

Old 11-21-2016, 04:36 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
You are making a huge assumption that I'm even wearing panties, much less that they are twisted.

Not sure what you are doing, but, I'm participating in a discussion on a discussion forum.

You wouldn't be trying to shut down my constitutional right to free speech now would you Mr. Defender of Free Speech?

Thanks for the laugh. I love irony. But, if the discussion is too taxing for you, there is an ignore feature in the forum as well as I'm sure your computer has an off switch.
Pence did not deserve this hot ticket show. He should have been sent to hear "Springtime for Hitler" in The Producers although I'm not sure that it is playing now, it would certainly be a lot more apropos.

Bit you really are on overkill.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:06 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
First I guess you didn't see he got a over whelming standing ovation after his speech .Is Pence not the VP elect of "ALL the PEOPLE"?Is he only the VP when he wants to be?As VP elect he is a servant of the People and for the people ,maybe you are the one who should sit down shut up and learn what real class is.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:39 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times
Pence's response was total class and presidential. Dixon said he was encouraged by Pence's response. Pence told his child and family while he was being booed that this is what freedom looks like.

'Hamilton' star: Pence's response 'encouraging' | TheHill

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
First I guess you didn't see he got a over whelming standing ovation after his speech .Is Pence not the VP elect of "ALL the PEOPLE"?Is he only the VP when he wants to be?As VP elect he is a servant of the People and for the people ,maybe you are the one who should sit down shut up and learn what real class is.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:42 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Pence's response was total class and presidential. Dixon said he was encouraged by Pence's response. Pence told his child and family while he was being booed that this is what freedom looks like.

I was not responding to Pence but to other poster's.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:56 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post

The cast waited until the play was over to make their statement, which isn't out of their right to do so.

Pence had already walked out, but stopped to hear what they had to say.

The cast discouraged booing of Pence. Made their statement.

Pence told his children that what they said is fine, they're free to do so.

The only one butt hurt about it is Trump. Pence could care less. Trump is behaving like a child. Pence is taking it in a respectable manner.

It's called beating a dead cat. And either Trump is simply throwing another tantrum or he is secretly somehow invested in Hamilton, because all that's happening now is Hamilton is selling more tickets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies