Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2016, 06:58 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yes. If you've noticed the right-wing, hypocrites that they are, was giddy with happiness when ol' Donny Trump was 'tellin' it like it is', denouncing political correctness and acting like the rude crude a-hole he is. What he hath wrought is now the new normal.

So I think the admin should stick to their rural cult base if they want to hear adoration and have flowers thrown at their feet and not leave their alt-right bubble. Hey--they have musicals in Branson, Mo, and the 'heartland' and they love him there right? If Trump & Co. want to go out in the world that was horrified by Trump & Co., they should be prepared for the total absence of civility (or as they call it--PC--towards them). Trump is disrespected and hated in NYC because of who his is, and those people will never stop letting him know it.

While Trump insulted and dissed everyone in the country from the POTUS (for the last 5 years) to his fellow GOP members to just about everyone he came into contact with, his cult cheered him on. He wanted people to tell it like is is, and that is exactly what everyone is doing--they're just not wearing stupid hats while saying it. Too bad.

Now they are crying about respect? Respect? Respect and civility was ditched by Trump long ago. Respect isn't owed--it's earned and Trump has not earned the respect of over half the country. It's gone--forget it. He gets no respect and no civility--NO PC.

If the cult doesn't like it, boycott the blue states and take vacations in Iowa, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas. You can even boycott Hamilton, but since it is sold out out until January 2018, you'll have to wait a while.
too soon to rep you again

He never had the other half of the country because only 43% of eligible voters bothered to vote anyway.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 11-21-2016 at 07:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 07:02 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
pence showed a lot of class and respect for opposing views. Trump did not.

I think it would be a very good thing if trump steps down after the inauguration. (i do reserve the right to change my mind about that, though!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma777 View Post
yes. If you've noticed the right-wing, hypocrites that they are, was giddy with happiness when ol' donny trump was 'tellin' it like it is', denouncing political correctness and acting like the rude crude a-hole he is. What he hath wrought is now the new normal.

So i think the admin should stick to their rural cult base if they want to hear adoration and have flowers thrown at their feet and not leave their alt-right bubble. Hey--they have musicals in branson, mo, and the 'heartland' and they love him there right? If trump & co. Want to go out in the world that was horrified by trump & co., they should be prepared for the total absence of civility (or as they call it--pc--towards them). Trump is disrespected and hated in nyc because of who his is, and those people will never stop letting him know it.

While trump insulted and dissed everyone in the country from the potus (for the last 5 years) to his fellow gop members to just about everyone he came into contact with, his cult cheered him on. He wanted people to tell it like is is, and that is exactly what everyone is doing--they're just not wearing stupid hats while saying it. Too bad.

Now they are crying about respect? respect? respect and civility was ditched by trump long ago. Respect isn't owed--it's earned and trump has not earned the respect of over half the country. It's gone--forget it. He gets no respect and no civility--no pc.

If the cult doesn't like it, boycott the blue states and take vacations in iowa, alabama, mississippi, arkansas. You can even boycott hamilton, but since it is sold out out until january 2018, you'll have to wait a while.
^ this!

Old 11-21-2016, 07:03 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This was not the place for political statements, I am no Trump or Pence fan but this wasn't the place to make a speech regarding politics.
That was not a political statement.

Dixon just ran with the same old, tired assumptions and preconceived stereotypes, and he lectured Pence as he called him a mean, nasty, evil bigot. Scolding Pence that he would not protect Dixon, nor his children or his parents, and would not defend them or uphold their inalienable rights.

There's no politics in shouting out at a person and calling them an uncaring, unfeeling, mean assed bigot.

Last edited by Wapasha; 11-21-2016 at 07:13 PM..

Old 11-21-2016, 07:06 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Pence did not deserve this hot ticket show. He should have been sent to hear "Springtime for Hitler" in The Producers although I'm not sure that it is playing now, it would certainly be a lot more apropos.

Bit you really are on overkill.
Who are you to decide? The producers/cast of Hamilton welcomed him to the show(they did have advance notice) and then they decided they would ambush him with their petty/cowardly political drama.

If you are still posting to me, who is on overkill. Liked I said, if the discussion is bothering you, use the ignore feature on the forum or the off button on your computer.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:12 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I thought it was prejudiced too. Seems like they assumed that Pence was just an 'old white guy' that didn't get the country was diverse. Pretty insulting.

It seems the main worry is that gays will lose gay marriage but Trump hasn't said he wants to change that.

Some on the left are making it seem like Trump wants to treat gays like they do in Saudi Arabia or Iran or something.
Trump had his gay friend and billionaire Peter Thiel speak at RNC too.
I wonder if these people criticizing him even know that.
They could not even comprehend the significance of Pence attending that play, with that cast, so I do not assume they have any ability see what is happening right in front of their eyes. They are just on a hate fest, and nothing will get thru to them.

Dixon could fall over on the street from a heart attack, right in front of Pence. Pence could call 911, and perform CPR and save Dixon's life. And as soon as Dixon was strong enough to get back on his feet, he'd still accuse Pence of being a racist who would never help a black man in a time of need. Because Dixon has his precious stereotypes of what he think a Republican is, and nothing will change that.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:41 PM

4,800 posts, read 2,803,401 times
Default Realities intrude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
They could not even comprehend the significance of Pence attending that play, with that cast, so I do not assume they have any ability see what is happening right in front of their eyes. They are just on a hate fest, and nothing will get thru to them.

Dixon could fall over on the street from a heart attack, right in front of Pence. Pence could call 911, and perform CPR and save Dixon's life. And as soon as Dixon was strong enough to get back on his feet, he'd still accuse Pence of being a racist who would never help a black man in a time of need. Because Dixon has his precious stereotypes of what he think a Republican is, and nothing will change that.
I've read the quoted statement that the lead stand-in made after curtain call, after the play was over. It didn't sound hateful to me.

As for the scenario of Dixon falling down - No. I think that Pence would call 911 (well, from a security POV, the Secret Service would actually place the call), he might consider doing CPR - but (as VP elect) I don't think the Secret Service would permit it - especially if there were mouth-to-mouth without a dam. The Secret Service might detail someone to perform CPR, but they're not about to risk the VP-elect, it just doesn't happen. In fact, they wouldn't want Pence standing still on the street @ all, let alone be involved in a potentially risky medical procedure. I would like to think that Pence would give it a try anyway, but his priorities aren't solely his own anymore.

If Dixon is the lead & star & writer & etc. of Hamilton, then he's HIV-positive. All the more reason that Secret Service would hustle Pence out of there, nor allow Pence to perform CPR.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:44 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yes. If you've noticed the right-wing, hypocrites that they are, was giddy with happiness when ol' Donny Trump was 'tellin' it like it is', denouncing political correctness and acting like the rude crude a-hole he is. What he hath wrought is now the new normal.

So I think the admin should stick to their rural cult base if they want to hear adoration and have flowers thrown at their feet and not leave their alt-right bubble. Hey--they have musicals in Branson, Mo, and the 'heartland' and they love him there right? If Trump & Co. want to go out in the world that was horrified by Trump & Co., they should be prepared for the total absence of civility (or as they call it--PC--towards them). Trump is disrespected and hated in NYC because of who his is, and those people will never stop letting him know it.

While Trump insulted and dissed everyone in the country from the POTUS (for the last 5 years) to his fellow GOP members to just about everyone he came into contact with, his cult cheered him on. He wanted people to tell it like is is, and that is exactly what everyone is doing--they're just not wearing stupid hats while saying it. Too bad.

Now they are crying about respect? Respect? Respect and civility was ditched by Trump long ago. Respect isn't owed--it's earned and Trump has not earned the respect of over half the country. It's gone--forget it. He gets no respect and no civility--NO PC.

If the cult doesn't like it, boycott the blue states and take vacations in Iowa, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas. You can even boycott Hamilton, but since it is sold out out until January 2018, you'll have to wait a while.
I think I love you, interwebz stranger.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:42 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
If someone doesn't like an elected official, write a letter. Stage a protest march. But the customers paid to see a play, not a political lecture. Do your politicing on your own time. Now am I supposed to listen to a protest every time I use a business. Pence didn't go there for a lecture. Have some class.
Liberals and leftists are incapable of having any class.

The play itself is ludicrous -- people of color playing white roles.

What next?

Whites playing people of color roles?

Oh, no!

The left would go ballistic over that!

Reverse racism + an ignorant and unwanted lecture from an affirmative action "actor" for $800.

This sort of thing is the reason why Trump won.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:55 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Liberals and leftists are incapable of having any class.

The play itself is ludicrous -- people of color playing white roles.

What next?

Whites playing people of color roles?

Oh, no!

The left would go ballistic over that!

Reverse racism + an ignorant and unwanted lecture from an affirmative action "actor" for $800.

This sort of thing is the reason why Trump won.
Trump won because only 36.4% of all eligible voters showed up at the polls and because a really dumbed- down electorate believed that a guy who has lived in ivory towers for his entire life and craps in bathrooms with gold faucets who swindled other people out of their money, can relate to their pain and difficulties as they struggle to support their families. It's pathetic but it's funny too. SUCKERS!

Last edited by sickofnyc; 11-21-2016 at 11:42 PM..

Old 11-21-2016, 11:18 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Trump won because only 36.4% of all eligible voters showed up at the polls and because a really dumbed- down electorate believed that a guy who has lived in ivory towers all his life and craps in bathrooms with gold faucets who swindled other people out of their money, can relate to their pain and difficulties as they struggle to support their families. It's pathetic but it's funny too. SUCKERS!
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies