Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 07:42 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Except now high profile members of his team and cabinet might be.

Former KKK leader approves of Trump's cabinet picks

Here we are in 2016 and our president-elect shamelessly cohorts with White nationalists and appoints them to important posts within his administration.

What message are those of us that are not White supposed to take away from that?
Provide better alternatives.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:46 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Except now high profile members of his team and cabinet might be.

Former KKK leader approves of Trump's cabinet picks

Here we are in 2016 and our president-elect shamelessly cohorts with White nationalists and appoints them to important posts within his administration.

What message are those of us that are not White supposed to take away from that?
The way I see it,

Right now Trump is interviewing and debating his appointments ... when Obama/Bush/Clinton came in, he was handed a list from the DNC/RNC, special interest groups, and the money/favors that got him in there.

I think in all honesty,

Political candidates often are unsure just who is supporting them and why. Richard Nixon for example got a bunch of black volunteers in 1972 from the El Rukn Street gang whose leaders decided it might be nice to have some political friends. The El Rukn folks distributed Nixon campaign literature on the South Side. A picture with NIxon and an El Rukn leader made it into the Chicago press, it was rather embarrassing to Nixon.

I think with Trump: his movement has grown so fast it is hard to sort things out. (things= white nationalists)

But in all fairness, Candidates should be judged by their record, accomplishments, campaign promises, and political views. Form your opinion of whether or not to support a candidate by his/her actions. Don't let a small group of ignorant racists affect your decision.

They say Trump knows a talent when he sees one. I think we should give him a chance, he's a talented successful businessman, and I think he is going to do a fine job as a president.

Plus, if everything fails, he only serves one term, four years, we can find somebody else. It is not so bad.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:47 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,114,589 times
Pathetic.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:48 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
I dont understand the 2 posts above mine.

Im merely seeking to understand Donald Trump's frame of mind. Now I get it.
No, you aren't and this thread topic was posted before.

Did it ever occur to you that this was news to Trump? His parents weren't even married yet. Maybe his wife didn't know either. Do you think maybe 40 - 50 years from now some kid is going to find out that her/his father running for president marched with Communists in 2016?

Old 11-19-2016, 07:48 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Provide better alternatives.
There were plenty of better alternatives in the GOP primary. Jeb Bush, Rick Perry and John Kasich were all worlds better than Trump-all were successful governors.

But the GOP picked the absolute worst of the bunch, whose message of Whites vs. Everyone else resonated with the mosr base inner thoughts of millions of otherwise decent people.

So there's nothing we could have done, hate was too strong this year. Unfortunately.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:50 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
No, you aren't and this thread topic was posted before.

Did it ever occur to you that this was news to Trump? His parents weren't even married yet. Do you think maybe 40 - 50 years from now some kid is going to find out that her/his father running for president marched with Communists in 2016?
Oh, yet Steve Bannon and Jeff Sessions are waving at us from inside the White House.

Nice try.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:54 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
There were plenty of better alternatives in the GOP primary. Jeb Bush, Rick Perry and John Kasich were all worlds better than Trump-all were successful governors.

But the GOP picked the absolute worst of the bunch, whose message of Whites vs. Everyone else resonated with the mosr base inner thoughts of millions of otherwise decent people.

So there's nothing we could have done, hate was too strong this year. Unfortunately.
Of course there was. Sanders would have beat Trump IMO. He had enthusiasm behind him.

Hillary's campaign boiled down to "I'm incompetent but Trump's a racist". You can continue to avoid the fact that this argument failed. It lost what was considered strong blue states.

You can not defeat or counter Trump with this failed argument. Even if it was true, it is not going to work.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:02 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
We just had 8 years of a racist administration. Where were you when a white Hispanic was having his life ruined for shooting a black man in self defense?

Old 11-19-2016, 08:08 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,838,552 times
Quote:

Im merely seeking to understand Donald Trump's frame of mind.
Children of all murderers turn out to be murderers. Kids who have racist parents are racists too. You cannot have a happy marriage because you come from a broken home. A kid is unlikely to get through college if his parents are illiterate

(Sarcasm)

It is impossible to understand a kids' frame of mind based only on the parents' belief system. The society, culture, friends, relationships play a big part in shaping a child's personality & character. I have seen perfectly normal parents whose kids turned out to be lunatics & kids from toxic, abusive homes growing up to be perfectly normal.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:09 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Quote:
I dont understand the 2 posts above mine.

Im merely seeking to understand Donald Trump's frame of mind. Now I get it.
Oh, please. This dead horse you are beating has decomposed and is turning into compost. Give it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies