Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 12:50 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I would rather they come here for a job than a job get outsourced to them in another country.

Immigrants who contribute to America makes us stronger not weaker..... some of America's greatest minds are foreign born Americans. 75 percent of patents from top universities list a foreigner.... we attract a large number of innovators in technology and historically have capitalized on it.

Think about how different our country history would be.... ex. The Manhattan Project without immigrant minds.

Only a nation of insecure people would fear competition and rather eliminate it than actually push themselves to compete and win.
See you don't know how insulting you are. America has been gutted by globalism and the last thing Americans need is more foreigners eating up what's left. Too much is too much. You have no sensitivity to other people's heritage and how immigrants are disrupting things socio-politically. No one wants their homeland turned into the overpopulated united nations with a bunch of competing identies.

That's what I got against most immigrants. It's all about them. They want to leave the door open for their kind. They never want to acknowledge the downsides. They vote majority for the G-D democrat party. No way would they like the same thing happening to their ancestoral homeland.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:26 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
See you don't know how insulting you are. America has been gutted by globalism and the last thing Americans need is more foreigners eating up what's left. Too much is too much. You have no sensitivity to other people's heritage and how immigrants are disrupting things socio-politically. No one wants their homeland turned into the overpopulated united nations with a bunch of competing identies.

That's what I got against most immigrants. It's all about them. They want to leave the door open for their kind. They never want to acknowledge the downsides. They vote majority for the G-D democrat party. No way would they like the same thing happening to their ancestoral homeland.
Nah as i said.... we are better competitors as a nation in the global market by attracting immigrants who have something to contribute rather than the jobs exit this country. Avoiding competitors vs leveraging them. By bringing them here rather than the jobs go to them... they pay taxes, they spend money here, they limit brain drain, they sometines creat business as job creators. As i pointed out, some of our greatest minds are from foreigners who come here to contribute.

Sorry you dont feel like you can compete thats insecurity. It should drive us to do better not be scared of competition. What is insulting is that you do not believe Americans can compete and need to be protected from immigration. You stance is purely based on fear.

And no i do not support the so called open borders.... if that is what you are insinuating.. I think immigration of the highly educated is a good thing... not illegal immigrants who seek only low wage jobs. Look at the centers of innovation states... the locations... their demographics.. the wealth they generate.. most contribute more to federal than they get back in support.

PS. Born and Raised American and proud of it.

Last edited by usayit; 11-23-2016 at 01:44 AM..

Old 11-23-2016, 01:48 AM

Your arguments are disingenuous and biased. immigrants today are not bringing anything that doesn't exist in oversupply already in America. It's causing more harm than good.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:58 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
And no i do not support the so called open borders.... if that is what you are insinuating.. I think immigration of the highly educated is a good thing... not illegal immigrants who seek only low wage jobs. Look at the centers of innovation states... the locations... their demographics.. the wealth they generate.. most contribute more to federal than they get back in support.
We agree, but neither party supports that.

You should have to buy a green card.

I filled out the Canadian immigration form. I was rejected. Probably because I answered no to the question if I would invest 2 million in the Canadian economy. Hell, if I had two million I would find a warmer climate.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Your arguments are disingenuous and biased. immigrants today are not bringing anything that doesn't exist in oversupply already in America. It's causing more harm than good.

You misused the term disingenuous...

So you ignore that many innovations including the technology you use to post here has not benefited from from foreigners educated, the patents, the contributions to economy... etc.... playing ignorant that all of that contributes to US ability to compete... that is disungenuous. You are smarter than that.... scared perhaps but ignorant you are not.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:04 AM

Maybe Canada thought you weren't diverse cool cat enough heh. That's what I bet .

Old 11-23-2016, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
We agree, but neither party supports that.
Bummer isnt it... i am neither a registered Republican nor Democrat... in part due to that

Old 11-23-2016, 02:13 AM

Quote:
You misused the term disingenuous...

So you ignore that many innovations including the technology you use to post here has not benefited from from foreigners educated, the patents, the contributions to economy... etc.... playing ignorant that all of that contributes to US ability to compete... that is disungenuous. You are smarter than that.... scared perhaps but ignorant you are not.
America was outcompeting the whole world many decades before it opened immigration up globally to the entire world after 1965. Now we are becoming an uncompetitive banana republic. So no, mass immigration only harmed America. You're not getting the big picture and never will.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:22 AM

Quote:
America was outcompeting the whole world many decades before it opened immigration up globally to the entire world after 1965. Now we are becoming an uncompetitive banana republic. So no, mass immigration only harmed America. You're not getting the big picture and never will.
Nope wrong conclusion. We thrived after WWII in part because we were busy innovating and manufacturing while most of Europe was recovering from War. We are more competitive now in innovation than we ever were..... what has hurt this country is that we stopped manufacturing the things we consume and export. We opted for a service economy....

The big picture you are missing is the contributions educated and skilled immigrants make to this country. Chances are the device you use to post here has patents by immigrants... including an indian-american by the name of Ajay V Bhatt of Intel fame

Blind due to fear

Ps. Your use of Banana Republic is incorrect. We are not a single crop nation owned by a foreign entity... not even sure what that has to do with the topic. But it sure sounds nice.... and pseudoknowledgable... doesnt it?

Last edited by usayit; 11-23-2016 at 02:39 AM..

Old 11-23-2016, 02:42 AM

America was innovative and surpassing most of the world before WWI. We don't need immigration. Your viewpoint is completely transparent and you just want an open immigration door to asia forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies