Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2016, 02:25 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
How is it a strawman? They are both consenting adults, right? Wasn't the premise about allowing same sex marriage was as long as its consentual? So if that's the case than brother and sister can marry.
It is a strawman, because you think anything other than traditional marriage is wrong, and are using these stupid analaogies to make gay marriage seem stupid/wrong

Old 11-24-2016, 03:10 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
All the more reason to encourage homosexuals to enter into a monogamous relationship......marriage.
That doesn't negate my main point. Besides infidelity is at an all time high in the homosexual community.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
It is a strawman, because you think anything other than traditional marriage is wrong, and are using these stupid analaogies to make gay marriage seem stupid/wrong
How is my analogy stupid?

Old 11-24-2016, 03:13 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
How is my analogy stupid?
It is stupid because incest and homosexuality have nothing to do with each other

Old 11-24-2016, 03:20 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
What do you feel when you read the thread title?

Just 20 years ago, I could make this statement and there would hardly be a cringe among a crowd.

Today, it is seen as taboo; as if a damning slander suddenly leaped out of the dark ages. Heck, someone might close this very thread.

Why is this? How is it that a societal opinion can change so quickly, and so fiercely?
I don't agree with you, but I defend your right to say it without being shouted down or harassed (and I am gay).

We are so caught up in identity politics and specific "rights" in this country, we have completely lost sight of basic things like freedom of speech--which, by definition, always involves maintaining freedom of speech that is unpopular.

I feel like we have won a battle but are losing the war on true freedom, with constant surveillance being accepted, etc.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
It is stupid because incest and homosexuality have nothing to do with each other
Yes they do. Both are two consenting adults engaging in sexual relations.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:27 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
That doesn't negate my main point. Besides infidelity is at an all time high in the homosexual community.

And heterosexuals run a close second.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And heterosexuals run a close second.
Even if its true they don't make up 80% of all HIV/AIDS positives

Old 11-24-2016, 03:34 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:

Just 20 years ago, I could make this statement and there would hardly be a cringe among a crowd.

Today, it is seen as taboo; as if a damning slander suddenly leaped out of the dark ages. Heck, someone might close this very thread.

Why is this? How is it that a societal opinion can change so quickly, and so fiercely?

It is a social issue and not a political issue.

I am a staunch conservative, but not feel I have the right to tell others how to live. I care about economic policies which support the US middle class and manufacturing sector.

I really do not give a crap about social issues and think that every American should enjoy the same rights as every other American.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:42 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,628 times
Quote:

Societal opinion did not change so quickly. That's why gay marriage lost repeatedly at the ballot box in every state, including states like California. The fact that people think opinion changed is a demonstration of the propaganda that was required.

First, gay marriage was incrementally allowed by liberals repeatedly breaking the law and then other liberals in those states refusing to do anything to the law-breakers. So, you would read where people like Gavin Newsome would just decide on a random weekend to marry anyone who wanted to get married. He'd get shut down, but it didn't matter because he'd just do it again and again. BTW, for breaking the law repeatedly, he was rewarded with a promotion by the Democrat Party.

Then, gay marriage was just mandated into law by judges, which is unconstitutional. So they just said "yeah, regardless of what the people decided, we just made it legal." That's the liberal form of "representation." They just claimed they were representing everyone, despite it being in direct contradiction to votes.

Meanwhile, the media and news did their part by simply putting out the message that "everyone" agreed with gay marriage. That was intended to make people believe that it was already a done deal. If you don't agree with gay marriage, it didn't matter because everyone else did. In fact, most people are not even aware of how many times gay marriage failed at the ballot box and think that gay marriage was actually passed by a referendum, which is 100% backwards. That's how much of a lie gay marriage is.

Gay marriage is an excellent example of a) how much the left will lie to get what they want, b) how much the left needs to lie to get what they want, and c) how they can only get what they want by government mandate, which is why they love a large, powerful, centralized government with power over everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies